Comfort Inn Bowling Green

Comfort Inn
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Bowling Green

My two eggs, hash browns-dinner last nightMy two eggs, hash browns-dinner last night

Fireplace in Cracker BarrelFireplace in Cracker Barrel

Official Pace CarOfficial Pace Car

Travel Tips for Bowling Green

Country Driving

by Cookie_Keith

Two interesting places. One is the Old Richardsville Road bridge. It is a wooden deck steel bridge built in the late 1800s. Don't go there in the winter if there is ice on the roads! Almost killed myself there.

A nice night time drive is down Glen Lily Road toward town. You can see the entire town. I have not been there at night since they rebuilt it, hopefully its still a good scene.

Sales Meeting Slam

by grandmaR

"Friday March 2nd"

We check out of the Navy Lodge in Millington , and the drive to Bowling Green was pretty much without incident. We stopped at KFC for lunch (right next to Nervous Charlies Market and Fireworks), but Bob refuses to get fuel on the road and has to get it just before we get to where we are going.

We crossed into KY about 1:45 (Did you know about the 'notch' in the TN/KY border - apparently there was a surveying dispute and so there's a notch of KY that sticks down into TN). The Visitor's Center was in front of a horse farm.

We checked into the Microtel and I immediately started uploading pictures from Memphis etc on the high speed wireless internet. The room was nice I thought. It had a TV up high in the corner (good for watching in bed), and had a microwave and a refrigerator and a coffee pot. It also had a window seat.

We walked over to the Cracker Barrel (it was either that or the Waffle House if we didn't want to get in the car and drive somewhere). It was packed so I sat in a rocker in front of the fireplace to wait for a table while Bob walked around the store.

Bob had a roast beef sandwich with gravy, mashed potatoes and cole slaw, and I had breakfast which I figured they couldn't screw up too badly. It was two eggs, hash browns, biscuits, pale gravy, grits, fried pork tenderloins and stewed apples. Last time I said over easy for the eggs and got the yolks all hard, so this time I said sunny side up and they were absolutely raw on top. I managed to drip egg yolk all down the front of me. I also got ice cream and fudge sauce in a mug for dessert. Bob bought a clacker for mother to call people with.

When we got back to the room, there were a rowdy crew next door - sounded like they were in the hall, but they were not. They talked as loud as Jim and Barbara (all talking very loud at once) and kept saying things like "Get out of here" very loudly. Bob went to bed, grumbling. He said they were in the adjoining room and the noise was coming through the door.

About 10, they were still at it, and I was tired and wanted to go to bed, so I opened my door very quietly and looked, and their door to our room was open. That's why I could hear everything they said so clearly. They were playing cards on a hexagonal table, and had poker chips etc. So I called the desk and complained that they were gambling, and she called the room. They quieted down.

March 3, 2006

The next morning, they stared up again at 7 giving group yells. The clerk on duty said they must be some kind of sales group. They had been there for 4 days and checked out that morning, but he said he faxed them a lot of maps. I left a comment card that said I'd never stay at a Microtel again.

The continental breakfast was just that - orange juice and apple juice, rolls, cold cereal and milk, coffee and bagels. [We could have gone next door to the Cracker Barrel for a proper breakfast of course, but that wouldn't have been free. ]

Bob didn't think much of it. So we checked out to go to Taylorville which was only about an hour and a half away.

But first, because we weren't supposed to be in Taylorville until 4, we went to: MammothCave

Comments