Microtel Inn

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Sales Group Hotel

Originally I wanted to stay in Bowling Green for two days and go to Mammoth Cave before we had to be in Taylorsville for our last condo stay. But the car trouble that we had kept us in Memphis an extra day. I made the reservations at this hotel through the internet. Currently for the day were were there in 2007 there is a promotional rate for two adults for $38.00/night.

The website says: And now, Microtel is pleased to be the first economy/budget hotel brand to offer guests free local and free long distance calls in the continental United States, and free wireless high-speed Internet access in every room of our hotels, as well as advance online check-in and check-out with unlimited access to online folio information. These new amenities compliment our other standard amenities including remote TV with ESPN, CNN and one movie channel and complimentary continental breakfast.

This motel is right off I-65, and the Waffle House and Cracker Barrel are within walking distance.

Nearby Attractions
    Downtown Bowling Green and Western Kentucky Univer 2 mi.
    Mammoth Cave 30 mi.
    Western Kentucky University 3 mi.
    National Corvette Museum 6 mi
    Corvette Assembly Plant 6 mi
    Lost River Cave & Valley Nearby
    Beech Bend Raceway Park 6 mi

We checked into the Microtel and I immediately started uploading pictures from Memphis etc on the high speed wireless internet.

Unique Quality: I thought the room was nice. It had a TV up high in the corner (good for watching in bed), and had a microwave and a refrigerator and a coffee pot. It also had a window seat.

But when we got back to the room after dinner, there were a rowdy crew next door - sounded like they were in the hall, but they were not. They talked as loud as our SIL and daughter (all talking very loud at once) and kept saying things like "Get out of here" very loudly. Bob went to bed, grumbling. He said they were in the adjoining room and the noise was coming through the door.

About 10, they were still at it, and I was tired and wanted to go to bed, so I opened my door very quietly and looked, and the connecting door to our room was open on their side. That's why I could hear everything they said so clearly. They were playing cards on a hexagonal table, and had poker chips etc. So I called the desk and complained that they were gambling, and she called the room. They quieted down.

The next morning, they stared up again at 7 giving group yells. The clerk on duty said they must be some kind of sales group. They had been there for 4 days and checked out that morning, but he said he xeroxed them a lot of maps.

The continental breakfast was just that - orange juice and apple juice, rolls, cold cereal and milk, coffee and bagels. Bob didn't think much of it.

I left a comment card that said I'd never stay at a Microtel again.

Directions: Take I-65 North to Kentucky. Exit at Bowling Green exit 22, U.S. 231; then immediate right on Mel Browning Road just after the Shell Gas Station. Hotel is on the right, next to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant.

Comments