Brandenburg Hotels

• ChartIt profile photo ChartIt
  • Reviews: 139

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Southern Grace: An Awesome B&B

We had a marvelous time at this lovely B&B. Southern Grace is a new B&B but the couple that run it are truly welcoming, gracious, and willing to go the extra mile for their guests. They may not in a historical building but the hosts and nicely luxurious d├ęcor and textiles ensure a heavenly escape from the everyday. Theresa made some divine desserts which were always fresh and ready for anyone at any time. I have decided cake balls are a wonderful thing. They have a lovely swimming pool that did get to about 6 feet deep at one end with a fully functional pool house at hand. It was a delightful way to end our days and or cool off in between our Kentucky adventures. The rooms were welcoming, comfortable and I slept very well (which for me is hard to do). The breakfasts were a knock out of the ball park hit! The farm fresh organic eggs from their chickens and some really brilliant sweet potato pecan waffles made this breakfast one not be skipped. They made everything fresh and if you are early will happily make sure you are stocked with your morning beverage of choice and some fresh fruit; and or some cheerful conversation.
I really felt enchanted and at peace in this lovely homey slice of Kentucky Heaven.

A pool is not something I expect at a B&B so it was lovely they did as it helped us cool off from our KY adventures. They are located on a working farm complete with alpaca and chickens (which you are welcome to feed). They also have fishing (and fishing gear for you if you so wish), a paddle boat, a lovely garden, great treats and welcoming fluffy beds.

• Opinion of Price: about average