864 Ben-Ali Drive, Danville, Kentucky, 40422-1927, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

First Rate - Moderate Price

Those who read many of my pages on VT know that I often stay at older Mom and Pop motels, especially when I am traveling alone, because they usually present such a good value. In Danville the only such place I could find was not all that cheap, it looked dirty, and they did not have non-smoking rooms. I decided to upgrade my travel lifestyle for the evening and stay at the Comfort Suites.

They gave me a 10% "corporate rate" discount because I asked for it. For only $18 more than I would have paid at the cheaper joint I got a great new non-smoking room that would have cost at least twice as much in a big city. I felt a bit extravagant since I had told my wife I was going to be staying in a dumpy place. The Comfort Suites has every amenity I desire and several I don't need. Although the "suite" consisted of only one good sized room, there was a separate sitting area and a work table. There was also an indoor swimming pool and a good free breakfast, including a few hot items - biscuits and gravy and waffles.

When you consider the free breakfast, and the fact that I got Choice Rewards points for my stay at Comfort Suites it was well worth it.

Comments