Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel

2753 Richmond Road, Lexington, Kentucky, 40509, United States
Bluegrass Extended Stay Hotel
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Lexington

Chad, Jessie, and Jake!Chad, Jessie, and Jake!

Polks InfirmaryPolks Infirmary

Sally on Miss MedinaSally on Miss Medina

Granddaughter and wife ready to eatGranddaughter and wife ready to eat

Travel Tips for Lexington

The best part of living here...

by captjohn

The best part of living here is to be so close to many great places. In lexington a great start in the KY Horse park, then stop by cheapside Bar & Grill for some great food and music from Rock to Blues. Cheapside is on Short street by the old Court House downtown. Lots of stores to browse through also. Try to take a drive in the country and watch the sun set on some great Horse Farms, with rolling hills and planked fences, is like a scene from a movie. When away from my home, I miss the people. Great friends you will find and often many willing to help you find your way if you end up lost. I think the smaller towns have more to offer and people are not as click-ish as bigger town's can sometime's be.My best memories are of fishing and spending most of my youth on the Ky river. Great times and many nights and days just fishing and enjoying life. This would be a big influence on my career and a river boat Captain.

Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary

by davecallahan

This is out in the boondocks about half way between Franfort and Lexington. But if you are into Birding then this can make a great daytrip.

Getting there is half the fun.
I-64 exit 58, south on US60 for one block and connect to Duncan Road (route 1681), go west then south on route 1681 for about 3 miles (you will pass through the town of Millville); connect to Watts Ferry Road (route 1964) and go west on route 1964, go past Millville School about one mile then turn north onto Germany Road; go north 1 mile and see park signs.

There are fields, woods, wetlands and ponds, so dress appropriately for the season and the day.
There are no facilities (welcome to the country) therefore you had better pack a lunch and have a water bottle (maybe a first aid kit just in case).
Most of the trails are short beginners trails so you have little worry of getting lost, but it is always prudent to buddy-up with someone.

Depending on the season (spring and fall are best), you will see a good selection of birds not native to the area. This is because this part of Kentucky is on the central U.S. flyway of some of the migratory birds.

Carraba's

by Krumlovgirl

For a chain restaurant, you can't beat Carraba's-especially since I've figured out that there is a secret to it. In the beginning it was hard for me to find something to eat there because the dishes were so huge that I could barely get through a third of it before I was full, much less get to the dessert. All of the dishes were really detailed, too, and sometimes I just like a nice plate of pasta with plain marinara sauce. Then, after about three or four visits I figured out that they do SIDE portions of all of their pasta. You would think that a side item wouldn't hardly be bigger than a small ice cream dish, but it's not. It's about the size of a normal dish of pasta from any other restaurant-and it's only $3.95. You can still order a side salad or a (huge) bowl of soup if that's not enough. They have the best dessert ever-the Dessert Rosa. It's wonderful. Layers of soft yellow cake, strawberries, cream, pineapple, bananas...all topped with a chocolate covered strawberry. Wonderful...

Kentucky Horse Park

by grandmaR

In 1982, my 14 year old daughter and her pony competed in the Kentucky Horse Park at the National Pony Club Rally. Her team placed first against teams from all over the US in the three day competition.

We camped on the grounds, which meant that my vehicle (a pickup truck with a camper on it with which we pulled a horse trailer) was more or less tied down to a camp site. The Horse Park is very large, and we didn't get to see much of it except where the kids were actually competing.

I thought that when we were staying in Taylorsville the first week in March, I might finally get a chance to see the rest of the horse park. I tried very hard to book a tour of the horse farms and historic Lexington, but they all said they had to have a least 4 people. It was off season of course which meant that there wasn't much going on, but I thought I could go up and look in the breed barn.

So when we got there, there was no one taking admissions outdoors and no one seemed to care where we went, so at my distracted direction, Bob drove all over the grounds - past the statue of Man O War, past the Pony Club Headquarters (which was closed), past the USEF offices (which was not but we didn't go in), past the National Saddlebred Museum, past the dressage rings, past the Big Barn, past the long lines of stabling, past the steeplechase course, in the middle of which I could see people working on the cross country jumps presumably for next April's three day event, past the Grill on the Hill (closed), past the building for officials, past the riding stable, all around a race course on the outside and past the Clubhouse restaurant. No one challenged us at all.

So when I got to the International Museum of the Horse, which had workers in the lobby and ladders etc as they were remodeling, I was disinclined to pay $8 to go in - I'd seen most of what I wanted to anyway. They would have someone up at the breed barn at 1:30 she said, but I didn't want to wait that long. So we left to drive into Lexington, and to try to find a place to eat.

Lexington is a Sports City and SEC football rules

by JREllison

Commonwealth Stadiun is home of SEC football Kenmtucky Wildcats. Every year the Wildcats are in the fight to see who determines the out come of the National Collegate Football championship. Many of the big name schools play here every year, pick your year it might be Alabama, Flordia, Florida State or LSU. Which ever team is the visitor the football will be great.

Alcohol, containers, food, backpacks and large bags are not permitted.

Comments