120 West Second Street, Lexington, Kentucky, 40507, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Otel.com

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

A Great Historic Downtown Inn

We only got to spend one night at the Gratz Park Inn but found it extremely comfortable, beautifully decorated and close to downtown sites. Our suite was spacious and had all the comforts we needed for a visit. The hotel is very well done in its decor and the staff was extremely helpful during our stay. We were glad our room was away from the elevator. It was a very good experience and we liked its convenience for easy walks to attractions and also the downtown walking tour.

Room Tip: Get room away from elevators.

Unique Quality: A nice garden/terrace are even though it is downtown. Also convenient for walking in the downtown area.

Directions: In the downtown area but not in the business area downtown.

• zuhur's Profile Photo

Old-Fashioned Charm

I've stayed here twice. It is at least 100 years old, but redone. Once, I was given the tallest poster bed, I've slept in. Second time, the floor of my room sloped a lot & got myself into the small exercise room in the basement. No pool, but good air con, nice restaurant and bar, and a one-seater business room with computer in a former library.

My second stay was notable in that Michael Jackson died that day, so this basically took over
    the news and aura of the place.

Unique Quality: Hot steamy temperatures in June -- so there are lovely lilies, cone-flowers and seating area outside in a relatively small front garden. Downtown Lexington was a bit creepy at night, maybe best not to walk around alone. There is a breakfast room in the basement.

If you have time (I did not) you could walk to see the Old Courthouse, where slaves were auctioned off in the past. Or Henry Clay's former offices.

Directions: downtown

More about Gratz Park Inn

Jonathan's at Gratz Park

by Krumlovgirl about Jonathan's

Had been meaning to try this place for awhile now and finally had the opportunity to have brunch there not long ago. I love the Gratz Park neighborhood in Lexington. It's one of my favorites-full of old houses and quiet streets and a hop away from some great restaurants like the Atomic Cafe and a la lucie's. In the evenings they sometimes have horse and carriage rides and it reminds me a lot of Washington Square in New York City. But I digress. The Gratz Park Inn is on the list of historical hotels and it's a quiet little place right off the square. Jonathan's isn't your typical hotel restaurant and is a notch above many of the area restaurants that seem to cater to college students and the young yuppie crowds. It's quietly elegant and subdued and upon entering the dining room you feel as if you have stepped back in time. It's a little pricer than most, but on par with a la lucie's and Bellini's and Metropol. I was there for Sunday brunch and therefore had a different menu than what I would have had for dinner or lunch. I ordered the omlette filled to the brim with brie, mushrooms, and sweet onions. It had a little too many onions for my taste, but it wasn't bad. It came accompanied by homefries and my only complaint with them was that I didn't have enough of them. For a starter course I had the fruit and yogurt parfait that was absolutely wonderful. My dining partner had the dried apple and cinnamon oatmeal for a starter and the Kentucky hot brown (the biggest I have ever seen in my life) for a main course. For dessert we shared a slice of apple spice cake topped with slivers of green apples and smothered in caramel sauce. It was divine. The cost for two for brunch was $48, not including a tip.

Comments