Sheraton Suites Lexington

Rated Higher but Costs More than similar hotels

See Hotels with Lower Price
yobei's Profile Photo

Unreliable Airport Shuttle and Terrible Customer S

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2013

The sleeping accommodations at the hotel were average. The king bed was reasonably comfortable, but our room was hidden in a separate building from check-in and the receptionist at the counter did little to point us in the right direction. We spent several minutes trying to access a door and getting the card reader to work properly so we could enter the area of the hotel with our room. I booked this hotel with a parking package, which was supposed to allow us to park our car on the lot and receive a complementary shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel advertises a 24 hour shuttle, which we were able to ride to the airport. At checkout, I notified the hotel of our return date and time, writing this information down so it could be referenced on their bulletin board. However, when we returned to the airport after our trip, the on-duty manager informed us that the shuttle could not be sent because he was the only person on duty, but he could send a taxi. We waited for 40 minutes for the taxi to show before I called the hotel again. He told me the name of the taxi company that was supposed to be picking us up. I called the company, and they informed me that the car had been cancelled due to the hotel failing to provide a call-back number for the person they were trying to locate. The taxi representative confirmed that the hotel manager had called for a car for us, so they would send one out. Almost an hour later, we arrived at the hotel, where the manager refused to pay for the cab he had called to replace the complimentary shuttle. He told me that I should have notified the hotel that I would need the shuttle. I told him that I had informed the hotel of the day, time, and flight I would be returning on when I originally checked out of the hotel. He said he had not been made aware of this information and that this lapse of communication among the hotel staff was somehow my fault. I asked him why the hotel had called a cab and made me wait over 40 minutes when I could have taken a taxi from the airport immediately, if I were responsible for paying for it. His response was that if he hadn't called a cab for me, one would have never picked me up. I had to laugh out loud. There were dozens of taxis at the airport all waiting to take people around the city. If I were going to pay for it myself, I wouldn't have waited for a hotel taxi. I could have been on my way almost an hour earlier and for a cheaper rate, as the taxi they sent was a van cab with an inflated rate and additional capacity that we did not need. If you are booking this hotel for the convince of the airport shuttle DON'T! Complimentary transport to the airport is unreliable at best and nonexistent at worst.

Nearby Sheraton Suites Lexington

Sheraton Suites Lexington

• Doubletree Hotel Lexington

Address: 2601 Richmond Road, (formerly Sheraton Suites), Lexington, Kentucky, 40509, United States

Amenities at Sheraton Suites Lexington

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Lexington Travel Forum

Need advice about Lexington, Kentucky? Visit the Travel Forum for Lexington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lexington hotel reviews

Mary Todd Lincoln House
Zip Line Canopy Tour at Boone Creek Outdoors
zipline
Things to Do
Visitor Center has moved!
Things to Do
Lamb, Ham, Turkey, Oh My!
mmmmmm Ribs!
Restaurants
Come here if you want cold food and bad service
Restaurants
New York style pizza by the slice
Great home cooked food!
Ride the Colt Trolley
Things to Do
like a library.....with a bar
Bible themed mini golf