Sleep Inn Lexington

Sleep Inn
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Lexington

Nothing like a dog at the ball parkNothing like a dog at the ball park

Cheapside Slave Auction BlockCheapside Slave Auction Block

Sally eats a wormSally eats a worm

Steake entre cote with Pbierre de {arosSteake entre cote with Pbierre de {aros

Travel Tips for Lexington

Michael Thurman-Astrologer

by Krumlovgirl

I MUST give a call out to my main man of mystery, Michael Thurman. If you’re into anything New Age, and you want to know something about your future, then you should definitely give this man a call. He does astrological charts and he’s so dead on that he’s downright frightening at times. It’s very in depth and lasts about an hour and half. At last call he was charging $80. This guy knows his stuff and is also well versed in various religions, philosophies, and astronomy. He has a degree in psychology, which is also helpful, and he’s helped me make some very wise decisions in the past. If you’re nervous about paying him a visit, don’t be. He’s very business-like and professional, although the office in his house is also very inviting and relaxed. One of my favorite things that he does is a world map based on your time of birth, place, date, etc. Even though he had never met me and knew nothing about me, when he showed me the map I was floored. All of my lines ran right through the Balkans and another line went through Wales-two places that have come to mean a lot to me. His website: http://www.moonsunearth.com/Thurman/AboutMichaelThurman.htm

Contact Information: mthurman@moonsunearth.com

PHOENIX PARK This is a...

by Valhalla11

PHOENIX PARK This is a montage of photos of Phoenix Park, one of many small public parks in downtown Lexington. I have added a travelogue which is basically ground level pictures of Phoenix Park. These photographs were taken from the top of Lexington Public Library.

Chili's

by Krumlovgirl

I’m usually not up for chain restaurants, but Chili’s is typically my exception. I really have a thing for their southwestern egg rolls and their garden burgers aren’t bad either. Usually, the only time we end up eating there is after we’ve been to a concert or late movie showing in downtown Lexington and most other places have started closing. Let’s face it, Lexington has no shortage of good restaurants and we like to frequent them as much as possible. But for a late night eatery, I have never gone wrong at the Chili’s on Richmond Road. Consistency says something. The last time I ate there I had a tomato basil penne pasta dish with grilled chicken strips. It was wonderful. I was there during happy hour so my guest and I both had strawberry margaritas. For dessert we split a chocolate volcano type of cake. In Austria it would be called a “mohr imd.” I love them. Everything was really good and we left so full we could barely walk.

Visit The International Museum of the Horse

by 807Wheaton

The tour of the history of the horse begins with an introduction of the horse drawings found in the caves near Lascaux, France. These horses resemble the Pezewelski Horses found in Mongolia in 1879. Still in existence these horses most resemble the early pictures found of horses. Saved from extinction the former Soviet Union has established a refuge in the late 1970's for the Przewelskii horse.
The anatomy of the ancient wheel is also displayed as well as carts and chariots from early China. The development of the Arabian horses is displayed with visuals of the Battle of Granada, Warm blooded versus cold blooded horses - Arabian and European horses.

Arboretum

by sabogg01

Huge area full of beautiful plants!! It has a walking track around it and you are welcome to bring your pets to the track. There is a welcome center and gift shop on site. Very relaxing. Bring a blanket and your picnic basket and have lunch under a shade tree by the beautiful fountains. Another amazing free thing that Lexington has to offer.

Comments