1840 Tucker House Bed and Breakfast

2406 Tucker Station Road, Louisville, Kentucky, 40299-4529, United States

More about Louisville

BathroomBathroom

A Union cavalry officer meets an English knightA Union cavalry officer meets an English knight

Overlooking West Point, KYOverlooking West Point, KY

Other Brenner paintingsOther Brenner paintings

Travel Tips for Louisville

BARDSTOWN: The Oscar Getz...

by gkitzmil

BARDSTOWN: The Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
A 50-year collection of rare whiskey artifacts dating from pre-colonial days to post-Prohibition days. The museum features rare antique bottles, a moonshine still, advertising art, novelty whiskey containers, and Abraham Lincoln's liquor license. A definite stop for bourbon enthusiasts.
Spalding Hall (circa 1826) is the home of two museums
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Admission Free

Baja Tacos in the 'ville

by leeludalas about Bazo's

I missed Baja fish tacos when I returned to KY from California. Luckily, these guys did too, and decided to do something about it. Bazo's is located in St. Matthew's and features the fish tacos as well as shrimp tacos. Burritos and Chicken/Steak tacos also available. The salsa bar has extra hot salsa for the brave few. Baja fish tacos of course! Great white sauce and served traditional style w/ cabbage and breaded fish. The white queso is bueno as well.

Buffalo Wild Wings serves good...

by John195123

Buffalo Wild Wings serves good food, dag nabit. And their wings are good. So is the 'Western Burger'
They have NRN trivia games that are free to play. Currently dzni is a punk. The Western Burger is good, and not a rip-off, and the wings are mmmmmmmm....

The George Rogers Clark Memorial Bridge

by Joseph69

The The George Rogers Clark Memorial Bridge (also known locally as the Second Street Bridge) was completed on October 31st, 1929. It links Louisville, Kentucky, with Jeffersonville, Indiana. It took only about 15 months to build! It consists of a four-lane roadway.

You can also view the Colgate Clock (located in Jeffersonville, Indiana) from the Louisville waterfront. The clock (50 feet (15.24 meters) in diameter) is the 2nd largest clock in the World!

Derby Day - Kentucky Derby - May 2, 2009

by BeatChick

"My Most Recent Visit Was for Derby Day!!"

I drove down this past May to visit with my cousin, Mischa, so we could PARTAY at Derby Day at Churchill Downs. We had access to the Derby Day Infield Club which includes the all-important access to the track - wooties!

If you check out my videos I have a one of my cuz and of this dude named Johnny from Little Rock, AK. LOL - I thought I was taking a PHOTO of them but it turned out to be video instead. OMG, we were so smashed! Had tons of fun, though, and won a bit o' dough! It's always lovely to head out of town with more money than you brought in. As I rarely gamble, my winnings must be attributed to newbie luck. ;)

"My First Visit to Louisville. . ."

. . . was many, many moons ago when Mr. Connolly and I were first courting (must've been 1991 or so). His sister, Cindy, lived there and we showed up for a visit.

I recall Mr. Connolly regaling me with stories of the famous (infamous?) Burgoo at the bar, Rudyard Kipling. According to him, it was a mishmash of meat and vegetables, very spicy, and rumored to have squirrel meat in it (and that's Kentucky for you - why not, By God?!?).

I tried it and fell in love with it (much like I fell for Mr. Connolly, Irish rogue that he is): potatoes, carrots, onions, tender meat in a tomato-based super spicy broth (is that Tabasco I detect?). Delish!

Comments