Extended StayAmerica Studios Louisville - Hurstbourne

Hotels.com Booking.com Ext. Stay America

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Louisville

8 oz Lomo8 oz Lomo

Entrance to the cemeteryEntrance to the cemetery

Little John sandwichLittle John sandwich

Harting-Ackermann'sHarting-Ackermann's

Travel Tips for Louisville

Packing List

by bmiller39

louisville tends to be somewhat casual in dress unless you are here for business. Summers are warm to very hot and last from the first of May until about end of September..Winters are cool to cold with moderate snow (about four or five snowfalls a year)..Spring and fall are very mild and comfortable with nights becoming cool and days somewhat unpredictable but erring toward warm. Very comfortable weather No special preperations are required. Tetantus shots, malaria tablets(quinine), bubonic plague vaccinations, and sleeping sickness medicines are not necessary as it is a very healthy city. you can even drink the water right from the tap..which goes directly from the Ohio river..through some processing by one of the finest water companys in the world, directly to you. Wherever i go in the world, I always carry canteens of Louisville water because it is so good and keeps me from getting homesick..plus it mixes real good with our world class Bourbon ! Well, the state capitol of Kentucky is Frankfort repeat Frankfort...just in case you might appear on who wants to be a millionaire and they ask the question. it is also illuminated at night so you can take a beautiful night photo on an open shutter timer. I have driven from louisville to Lexington and at night the Capitol is visible from the inter state (I-64) and is quite spectacular...

Are You a Meat Lover? - Part 2

by riorich55 about Palermo Viejo Authentic Argentine Restaurant

Alright, so here is the 2nd page for Palermo. I've included the 4 pictures of our food, from the appetizer, to both our dishes, to our tasty dessert.

Just to continue a little more of the story from our visit. As the evening progressed the restaurant started to get a bit busier. Since it was a Monday night (usually a slow night for good eating restaurants) it still had plenty of empty seats, but everyone appeared to really enjoy themselves.

When we ordered dessert the man behind us with his wife (he is a lobbyist and his wife is a dentist) said the dessert is one of the main reasons they keep coming back. His wife loves the crepe with carmel sauce and banana ice cream which we decided to share. We had a pleasant conversation with the both of them and naturally I mentioned VT to them. I gave them the VT website and also my handle (that's a word he used for my home page - I haven't heard that used since the old trucker CB radio days) Let me talk about each food item picture by picture.

Picture 1 - The Appetizer- Cocida which consisted of grilled asparagus, smoked provolone, portabella milanesa mushroom, a garlic rubbed roasted tomato and sweet potato fries, served with a dijon mustard dipping sauce. At $7.00 well worth it.

Picture 2 - Steve's Main Dish - 8 oz Lomo - They list it on the menu as 6 oz terderloin at $16.00 and then add $1.50 per ounce. Renee said they don't cut the meat until ordered. They also cook it in their own charcoal grilled oven and then serve it on its own small little cooker to keep it warm.

Picture 3 - My Main Dish - Parrillada De Bifes - I'll take that as different cuts of meat since it had a ribeye, NY strip, and flank steak along with chorizo sausage served on a bed of french fries with a delicious sauce I didn't get the name of. Now, I'm really not a big beef eater so for me to say this was really good really means something. I naturally couldn't finish all of it, so Steve helped with a few bites.

Picture 4 - Dessert - The aforementioned crepe with caramel sauce (forgot the spanish name) with banana ice cream. We originally planned on getting dessert at a local favorite ice cream place closer to the hotel, but this sounded so good we went for it. The local place will have to wait until next trip.

If you are in Louisville and looking for a great place to eat with a great atmosphere this is it.

Irish Rover

by dzni about Irish Rover

Finally! A true ethnic restaurant in Louisville! Well, at least it seemed so to me! They serve great Irish food here in an almost Irish Pub atmosphere. When I went for lunch today, they had some Irish/Celtic music playing in the background. And of course they have Guinness on tap, as well as Murphy's, I believe. Anyway, I highly reccommend this place for some true Irish food and beer!

4th Street Live

by jenn5179

I love this area of Louisville - there is a bar for every walk of life!

There is a dueling piano bar, a couple of "clubs", the Makers Mark Lounge, and so many others... plus places to eat.

I love how the nightlife in Louisville is found in one convenient spot, you get bored at one place, you just walk on over to the next. Plus there is lots going on outside -- you can definitely spend your entire evening on 4th Street

Louisville Slugger

by dzni

It finally moved back from Southern Indiana to downtown Louisille. When I went to the one in Indiana, it was pretty neat, with a tour of where they make the bats, a brief history lesson, and a free tiny 'autographed' bat at the end. Definitely worth a stop, especially for younger kids. I've never been to the new one, but I'm sure it is similar or better. Plus, there's a completely oversized bat sitting out front that's neat to drive past.

Comments