Holiday Inn Louisville I-264 Airport East

4004 Gardiner Point Drive, Louisville, Kentucky, 40213, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Louisville

King Room - Room 110King Room - Room 110

The museum is housed in a 19th century warehouseThe museum is housed in a 19th century warehouse

Officers QuartersOfficers Quarters

Museum from the street in the frontMuseum from the street in the front

Travel

by niziom

What is the best way and most inexpensive way to get from Louisville to Lexington?

Greyhound is $24

by mccalpin

Renting a car may be the "best" way (it's what most Americans would do), but it won't be the cheapest way...

Even in Kentucky Bill?

by mccalpin

heh heh, well hitchhiking would be the cheapest solution...do I hear banjos from Deliverance? (OK, that was Georgia)...

by nicolaitan

and you are still able to remember it - congratulations.

lived in loserville for four years in the sixties. after four years i would have crawled on my hands and knees to get to lexington or most anyway, and not just because the bourbon load prevented me from standing upright.

by mccalpin

I'm guessing that UK = University of Kentucky and not that other place across the pond...because we would have wondered why you came back ;-)

by OiKnow

The only public transit would be the bus someone suggested. To fly you would have to go to Cinncinati, Chigago or Atlanta and connect back to Louisville. Renting a car would be the easiest but not least expensive option. It is about 80 miles from the airport in Louisville to Lexington (I lived in Lexington and went to graduate school in Louisville.)

Good luck!

DG

by Dester

I drive between Lexington and Louisville regularly on I-64 (the most direct route) and rarely see a bus. Check the length of time for departure and arrival because they must take hwy 60. I've heard it is four to five hours for the 90 mile trip by bus.

by YVRDave

To make the trip even more fun, Greyhound offers a transfer in Cincinnati OH.

Travel Tips for Louisville

Go to Thunder Over Louisville....

by dzni

Go to Thunder Over Louisville. It's in the late part of April. Basically it's an all-day event on the banks of the Ohio, downtown, starting in the afternoon with an airshow, including fly-bys of many of the Armed Forces' aircraft. It's considered to be one of the top 5 airshows in the country. After that, a huge fireworks display, which is really the best part of the whole thing. It's 30 minutes of nonstop fireworks shot off from barges in the middle of the river. By the way, if you have a choice, choose the Louisville side over the Indiana side. They close I-65 over the river for this event. Anyway, just well-worth your time to come and see. Also, this year we had Lee Ann Rimes sing (oddly from a barge, lit up, in the middle of the river). Who knows what we'll have next year. It just keeps getting better! I'm going to have to steal John's fondest memory on this one... it would probably have to be high school at St. X, the best high school there is! (I don't have any school pride, do I??) :)

Louisville has a few...

by John195123

Louisville has a few historical graveyards. Right off US-42, between Herr and Hubbards Lanes is located a beatifully done graveyard named after Zachary Taylor. It is a war-related graveyard, dating back I think to the Civil War. Open to the public.

Another big one is Cave Hill Cemetary, located on Poplar Level Road, between Saint X High School and Eastern Parkway.

I don't know why anyone would want to visit these places, but I figured you might know someone in the armed forces who could have been buried here. Who knows. More as it comes in.

California Pizza Kitchen

by dzni about California Pizza Kitchen

Well, I realize this is a chain, but we just got one here and I had never eaten there until the other day. The pizza was excellent... wood oven, I love that stuff. Anyway, it's kind of a chic ambiance. The pizzas all looked good, as well as their other items, like salad.... oooh, and dessert.. I'll have to get one one of these days. Check it out, it's really good pizza for lunch (or dinner I suppose). Carne Asada Pizza

Qdoba

by dzni about Qdoba

I know another chain, but definitely one of my faves here. I visit pretty often to be honest! Anyway, they serve some great burritos here that have rice and salsa and other toppings (beans if you want them). Actually, there are all sorts here, but they're not exactly the sort of thing you'll find at Taco Bell! Anywho, these are big burritos and filling, and really not all that expensive for the amount you get! Anyway, check it out if you're in town!

Louisville is an ideal place...

by JuliaL

Louisville is an ideal place to visit for history buffs. If you come here you should go to see the Falls of the Ohio, and the Speed Art Museum. You should also visit the Filson Club, which is Kentucky's premier historical society.
Louis and Clark began their famous exploration of the great American west in Louisville. There are several historic homes and museums of interest, including the Louisville Slugger baseball bat museum.

Comments