Louisville Days Inn Southeast

1850 Embassy Square Boulevard, Louisville, Kentucky, 40299, United States

More about Louisville

Art-o-MatArt-o-Mat

Inside the museumInside the museum

Old Spaghetti FactoryOld Spaghetti Factory

Noel & Tiffany at Six Flags GatesNoel & Tiffany at Six Flags Gates

Travel Tips for Louisville

I think that a trip to Ft Knox...

by bmiller39

I think that a trip to Ft Knox is worth a visit. You can't actually get in the gold Vault, but it is interesting to look at. Not far from the Gold Vault is the Patton museum of Armor/Cavalry (my former army branchs of service). The museum has interesting exhibits, static displays and is located in a large park perfect for a picnic..

Good Place for Brunch!

by leeludalas about North End Cafe'

North End Cafe' is situated in an old "shotgun" style house. The atmosphere is welcoming, the walls hung with works from local artists. Brunch on weekends is an excellent time to visit. The food is very fresh. The menu offers unique items such as "migas"- scrambled eggs with jalapenos, cheddar cheese and salsa, and orange spice french toast, as well as traditional items such as oatmeal and buttermilk pancakes. One strange breakfast item? Hushpuppies served with honey butter. Migas- eggs with salsa, cheese, tortilla strips, jalapenos and home fries.

McAllister's Deli

by dzni about McAllister's Deli

An interesting deli where you order at the counter and they bring the food to you. Ok, I just got my food to go, but it looked like a pretty nice place to eat. The sandwiches were pretty good, but I think they were overpriced and not like something you'd find in a good local deli (something we're lacking around here). Ah, and their Southern-style Sweet-Tea wasn't bad either.

Ghost Tour

by gkitzmil

There are 2 operators of Ghost Tours in Louisville. I have now taken one and hope to take the other! We took the Old Louisville neighborhood ghost tour by mini-bus. The guide was David Domine who has written 3 books on ghost stories from the area. We learned a lot about the architecture, the people of the 1800s, and heard some ghost stories. Overall worth the money

Seems Like Everything Is Convenient

by riorich55

"Here's Looking At You Louisville"

Louisville is about a 5 hour car ride or 1 hour plane ride from Chicago. This was another shot on my last morning in Louisville from across the Ohio River in Indiana. Shot just after sunrise, I think it will give you a good overview of downtown Louisville.

"15 Minutes Or Less Took Me Everywhere I Wanted To"

I've been to Louisville a few times in the past on business trips and have also stopped here 2 other times before, once on our way to Florida for lunch and another time after I watched my oldest son in a bike race across the Ohio River in Southern Indiana.

This time, though, being a member of VT I took more of the tourist approach (and there is nothing wrong with being both a tourist, a person being in town on business and trying to fit it in like a local - I really try to meld all 3 of those with each of my business trips) snapping a number of pictures including those foodie ones.

Over a period of 3 weeks I spent 10 days and nights in town. Although I really only get a chance to wander around after business hours, I did get in a 1/2 day early on one trip and woke up at 5:00 a.m. on my last morning in town, just so I could go around and explore more of the town outside of the immediate area where I was staying.

One thing I noticed is that everything I wanted to see was really only less then 15 minutes from everything else. In Chicago you could get a couple of miles in that time and in the big suburb of Naperville where I live I can't even get to the other side of town that quickly.

"Where the Colonel is From"

Louisville is also the proud home of Colonel Sanders (aka Kentucky Fried Chicken). Although the original Colonel has been dead for many years now you will see his famous portrait on the side of one of the downtown buildings if you glance off to the right as you head into town on Interstate 65.

Comments