Sleep Inn - Louisville

1850 Priority Way, Louisville, Kentucky, 40299, United States
Sleep Inn Louisville
Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Louisville

What to Choose?What to Choose?

Fourth Street Live!Fourth Street Live!

Happiest man in the world( w/$300 worth of booze)Happiest man in the world( w/$300 worth of booze)

Bardstown Road at Eastern ParkwayBardstown Road at Eastern Parkway

Travel Tips for Louisville

Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory

by rw-bigfoot

this is just less than five miles north of Church Hill Downs
GET 10% OFF IN THE GIFT SHOP!
Click link to receive a coupon worth 10% off in the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory Gift Shop.

Admission

$9 Adults (13-59)

$8 Seniors (60+)

$4 Kids (6-12)

Kids 5 and younger are free

Group rates are available for 20 or more with advance reservations. Call 1-877-7-SLUGGER (877-775-8443) option 2 or email group.sales@slugger.com for more information or to book a tour.

HOURS:
Guided factory tours begin at 9:00am and continue every 20 minutes until the last tour of the day at 4:00pm. Factory tours last approximately 30 minutes. We cannot guarantee you will see full bat production on any tour. Visitors normally allow an hour and a half to 2 hours for the entire museum experience. Everyone will receive a miniature souvenir bat on the tour! Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory is located on the corner of 8th and Main in the heart of downtown Louisville. You can’t miss us-just look for the World’s Biggest Bat! A parking garage operated by the city is conveniently located directly behind our building and some street parking is available.

Heading West on I-64: Exit on 3rd Street. Right onto River Rd. and left onto 8th Street. Parking garage on the right.

Heading East on I-64: Cross Sherman Minton Bridge. Exit on Roy Wilkins Blvd. Left on Market Street and left onto 8th Street. Parking garage is on the left.

From I-71 and I-65 take the I-64 West ramp and follow directions above heading west on I-64.

Funky, Fun and Fresh!

by TravellerMel about Lynn's Paradise Cafe

I found this restaurant on a website called Roadside America - I wanted to stop because of the "world's largest coffee pot" outside of the restaurant. What I found was a funky and fun restaurant with really good food! The outside is very whimsical - besides the coffee pot, there are hand-shaped chairs, wood cutouts where you put your face in the hole, funky statuary - and tons of flowers (fake - it is January after all!).

You enter through the World of Swirl gift shop, which had awesome fun stuff - I bought a "Male Nurse" action figure for a friend.

I was seated immediately at the bar, and started taking note of my surroundings. There are two trees "growing" from the floor to the ceiling, wrapped in lights. There are funky lamps and lampshades everywhere. There are banners and streamers handing from the ceiling. At my table was a lampshade made from men's neckties, and a suit of armour lamp that someone had decorated with multi-colored glitter glue.

I was very happy that my server, Alex, let me know I could get a half-order of the breakfast I wanted - as it was, I had trouble finishing my meal. It was delicious, and I will DEFINITELY return the next time I am in Louisville. I had a half order of the Bourbon Ball French Toast - two large slices of cinnamon swirl bread, battered and lightly fried, with bourbon vanilla custard, candied pecan's, chocolate and whipped cream - yummy! The amazing thing is that it was NOT very sweet - the flavors balanced out and it was simply scrumptious! Recipe was taken from Bobby Flay (with proper credit given on the menu).

The half-order above and a cup of coffee (well, three cups, but you only pay for one) came to $10 with tax, without tip. Not bad at all!

Sesame Chinese Restaurant... I...

by John195123

Sesame Chinese Restaurant... I haven't been here in a while, but the food is always good, and I don't think they would use MSG. Larry, the owner, is quite friendly.
Nice interior, excellent food. Cold noodles again.

KENTUCKY DERBY MUSEUM

by rw-bigfoot

Adult: $ 10.00
Sr. Citizens (55+): $ 9.00
Children (5-11): $ 5.00
Children (Under 5): FREE

TOUR
With the new 10,000 square foot expansion we have created a whole new environment full of the sounds, images and artifacts that bring the pageantry and excitement of the Kentucky Derby to life for all of our visitors. The new exhibits include high-tech computerized hands-on displays and video graphics.

INSIDERS' TOUR NEW!
Museum tour guides take up to 20 guests on an hour and a half in length behind the scenes tour of the Jockeys' Quarters, Millionaires' Row, the Press Box and other areas of Churchill Downs' newly renovated clubhouse.
$10.00 for adults, children (4 and under) FREE. W/ Museum admission only.
Starts Monday - Saturday (10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm);
Sunday (1:30 pm and 3:00 pm)

BACKSIDE TOURS (AVAILABLE MARCH THRU NOV)
Museum tour guides take up to 12 guests on a one-hour tour of Churchill Downs' stable area and infield. There, guests experience the unique atmosphere that truly makes Churchill Downs such an integral part of the equine industry. There are also two stops for picture taking, time permitting.
$10.00 for adults, children (4 and under) FREE. W/ Museum admission only.
Starts Monday - Saturday (7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm); Sunday (12:30 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm)

HIGH-DEFINITION VIDEO (The Greatest Race)
This presentation of Derby Day and the activities surrounding it, has been upgraded to a high-definition video featured on our 360-degree screen. Feel the excitement of the crowds and hear the thunder of hoofs as you view this award winning show.
Every thirty minutes (9:00 am through 4:30 pm)

WALKING TOUR
View the Grandstand, the Finish Line and Winner's Circle as our guide tours you through historical Churchill Downs. You will also visit our resident Thoroughbred and his companion, a miniature horse, in our back yard paddock.
First tour 9:30 am; Last tour 4:15 pm

KFC World Headquarters

by dzni

You know, I think they have a museum here, but I'm not positive. Anyway, you can see the mansion/complex from I-264 between the Newburg Road and Poplar Level Road exits. In fact, you could take either one of those exits and follow the signs to the main post office if you want to get closer to this monstrosity.

Comments