Blue Heron B&B
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond
- Hampton Inn Richmond
- Red Roof Inn
- Super 8 Motel - Richmond
- Best Western Holiday Plaza
Blue Heron B&B and Retreat Center
Blue Heron was established in 2001 to provide a quiet getaway for folks seeking "spiritual refreshment." There is a library onsite and the guest rooms have a CD's/Player, comfortable chairs and a desk.
The Blue Heron also welcomes business and church groups for day retreats with a Conference Room, Libary and Family Room available for group use.
The house itself is a Victorian style house on 30 acres in rural Kentukcy, practically right on the river bank. There are trails for hiking, benches for resting or reading. Two waterfalls are on the property and a working goat farm- baby goats in spring/summer.
It really is located in a quiet and tranquil place and you get the feeling that you're really far from civilization. It's a nice feeling, and you also know that Richmond is just minutes away.
Unique Quality: * Beach (On Site) -
* Boating (5 minutes)
* Working goat farm
* Boonesborough State Park- swimming, mini golf & playground
* Halls on the River restaurant 4 miles away (seafood)
* Fishing (5 minutes) -Bluegill, Bass & Catfish
* Golf Course (5 minutes) - The Bull 859-623-4653
* Health Spa / Massage (On Site)
* Hiking (On Site) - 30 acres of woodlands
* Nature Preserves / Trails (25 minutes) - Raven Run Nature Sanctuary- Kentucky River Palisades, 470 acres, miles of trails through meadows and along creeks and rivers.
Directions: From Richmond - Take 388, Red House Road out of town for 8 miles. E.Prong will be about 1.3 miles after passing the Red House County Store. Turn right on E.Prong just before small bridge. The Blue Heron will be on the left- look for sign/mailbox.
Nearby Blue Heron B&B
Richmond Travel Forum
Need advice about Richmond, Kentucky? Visit the Travel Forum for Richmond and ask our Answer Gurus.