La Quinta Inn - Richmond

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Richmond

After Liddy's first teaAfter Liddy's first tea

This year's bowl...This year's bowl...

my favorite house every year-on Cottonwood.my favorite house every year-on Cottonwood.

gazebo in the back gardengazebo in the back garden

Photographers around Richmond/Lexington/Berea

by wenterskye

Hi! I'm getting married in March and trying to find a photographer for my wedding. I checked out Brunner's in Berea and although their photographs are phenomenal their services are a little out of my price range. Can anyone recommend me an affordable service? I'm interested in anything around the Madison County area and possibly Louisivlle if they are willing to travel. Thank you!

RE: Photographers around Richmond/Lexington/Berea

by Little_Lou_Lou

How convenient! I happen to do photography through my studio. I do mainly portraits "on location", but I have also done 3 weddings ;)

by wenterskye

Do you have a shop in Richmond or a website that I could check out? Or are you in Lexington?

by Little_Lou_Lou

I work out of my home and my website is currently having issues...Web designers, UGH! I have a couple of portraits here on VT under Family Picnic and I will have to scan some of the wedding photos. I can't send them on VT though because the files are too big, do you have another Email I could send them to?

by wenterskye

I have another email address at wenterskye@hotmail.com. That should accept some attachments. Thank you!

You're welcome ;)

by Little_Lou_Lou

Also, please let me know the date ASAP. I have another wedding in March, so I need to check my calander :)

Travel Tips for Richmond

Come On Down!

by Krumlovgirl

I think Richmond is a great town. A lot of tourists go to Richmond because there are a lot of possibilities when it comes to things to do. I’ll add some of our tourist destinations on another page, bust aside from them, Richmond is pretty beautiful. My biggest tip is just to come and see us! What I miss most when I am away from Richmond are the beautiful drives in the country that I take whenever I am stressed out. We have some beautiful palisades down by the river, and some gorgeous cliffs in the southern part of the county. Everything is very clean and bright and it is very soothing.

Christmas Lights

by Krumlovgirl

One of my favorite things to do is to drive around and look at Christmas lights during the holidays. I love the people who go all out and really decorate. The more, the better. I can just imagine the people shopping for the decorations and having fun putting them up, because only people that really get into the holiday mode can decorate like that. Sure, some of them might be tacky, but that's what makes it fun. It's all heart.

Madison County Fair

by Krumlovgirl

God bless Eastern and Central Kentucky counties that haven’t lost their county fairs. With so many theme parks so close by now (Kentucky Kingdom, King’s Island, Dollywood…) and the huge state fair, it’s a wonder that they haven’t died out all together. Yet, every year like clockwork, we still have our county fair. Sure, the rides mostly consist of the til-ta-whirl, the scrambler, the big slide, and the ferris wheel but it’s more the tradition and the principle of the thing that makes us go. (And, for me, the Polish sausages.) 4-H still does their thing there and you can find homemade quilts and jams and dogs and horse and other competitions going on. We also have the Miss Madison County pageant (I was in it as a child!) and that’s always a big highlight. This year the admission was $8 and you could ride anything you wanted as many times as you wanted.

Although the dates vary, the fair usually runs during the last week in July.

Pops at the Park

August 20, 2005
White Hall State Historic Site

Pops at the Park is one of my favorite things in Richmond. It’s basically EKU’s Philharmonic Orchestra, but what makes it extra special is that it’s set at White Hall. We’re going this year if the weather holds up. You can rent a table ($120 and it seats 6) or it’s $10 per person if you want to sit on a blanket. That’s what we do. The tables all compete in decorating themes and they can get really cute. The thing to remember is to bring your citronella candle, however. Mosquitoes can be bad, as we found out one year.

Country Drives

by Krumlovgirl

There are some great drives in the area if you're into that. One of my favorite routes is to drive down the Bypass and onto Barnes Mill Road. If you continue on, you will end up on Poosey Ridge where you can get a great view of the county. (And a couple of other surrounding counties.) Poosey Ridge is about 8 miles long and ends smack dab in the Kentucky River so once there you get the palisades which are also lovely.

Another drive that I like is to take Doylesville Road (also considered Union City Road to some people) to the very end. You end up on provate property, but the owners are good about letting you spook around. The road turns to gravel and it ends in the river. At the river there is a big open field and the remains of a still that was used in the civil war. Beautiful spot.

Note: All photos were taken by me.

Comments