4141 S HIGHWAY 27, Somerset, KY 42501

More about Somerset

The four of us at Cumberland FallsThe four of us at Cumberland Falls

J.M. Perkins HouseJ.M. Perkins House

First Baptist ChurchFirst Baptist Church

Cracker Barrell "Front Porch"Cracker Barrell "Front Porch"

Travel Tips for Somerset

TAKE A WALK ALONG MAIN STREET SOMERSET

by LoriPori

Hans and I along with Johan and Wies, took a leisurely stroll along Main Street in Somerset.
Among the nice buildings we saw was the Public Library which was once a U.S. Post Office and built in 1812. Another impressive structure was the First Baptist Church.
This Unique Clock stood in the Square.
The Somerset Pharmacy at 101 South Main Street, brought back memories of how the town was in the older days.

LAUREL RIVER DAM

by LoriPori

Construction of the LAUREL RIVER DAMbegan in 1964.The dam created a 5600 acre lake, which provides hydroelectric power, a safe supply of drinking water for local communities and recreation opportunities for the public. The dam's power plant was completed and began producing electicity in 1977.
The Lake was unbelievably bright blue, especially with the brilliant blue sky.

Childhood revisited

by Little_Lou_Lou

My mother was born and raised here so we visited often when I was a child. I will do my best to give an objective opinion, but as I love this area so much, it might be difficult. My tips will be listed in the appropriate catagories, but most of them are truly "off the beaten track". The only touristy thing to speak of is Lake Cumberland that gets invaded by (in my mother's words) "the Indiana/Ohio navy" during the summer months.

Planning a day trip there this weekend, will add more pics after that (I hope!).

Comments