Taylorsville Hotels

Our Members Say

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6594

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Taylorsville Lake Resort: Between Louisville and Frankfort

This was the last place where we stayed on our 2005-2006 winter trip. It was an Armed Forces Vacation (space available) condo. We were here in March.

The condo ad says that there is an 18-hole golf course on site and Taylorsville Lake is just a mile from the resort. You can swim in the lake as well as fish.

On-Site

* Playground Area
* Spa Services
* Swimming
* Whirlpool/Hot Tub

Fishing is available on the lake and the nearby Salt River. To unwind, take a dip in the resort's glass-enclosed pool open Memorial Day through Labor Day

Of course we were there well before Memorial Day.

However, it WAS a convenient location, not too far from Louisville or Frankfort. You will need a car.

The lady at the condo gave us directions so we wouldn't have to go all the way into Taylorville but she was concerned about us getting in after dark because of the danger of hitting a deer. Hitting a pothole seems more of a problem. Bob wanted to get fuel before we went to the condo as he though (correctly) that there might not be many gas stations.

We checked into the condo about 4, and I discovered that although there is a phone, the phone system doesn't allow internet usage, so I had to come down to the office to log onto the internet.

We had two bedrooms - one a king bed, and one a regular double or a queen. There was only one bathroom. There was only one TV (although it has cable) and that's in the living room, and there is a full kitchen with a microwave. The unit backs up onto a golf course. It is on the second floor (14 steps) but the hill rises steeply so that we could walk right out the back onto the golf course. Although there is NO way that one can access the parking lot from there without sliding down the hill.

I came down to the office on Friday afternoon to use the computer and she had me put it on one of those computer desks pull out trays. Then when I plugged it in, the plug did not have any electricity to it. She put her hand on the tray that the computer was on, and the whole thing fell off and onto the floor. I was afraid the computer was broken

I got my power strip out and plugged it into a plug on the other side of the room. The computer still worked. It is a dial-up which is pretty slow, and there is only one line for the office and the guests, so if I use the computer, the lady in the office has to be offline. Guest use is limited to 15 minutes if there is more than one person waiting. When we were there, no one else was using the computer line.

After Friday, I went down to use the computer line after office hours when I would not keep the office lady off-line. I was afraid to chance the computer desk, so I worked on a table until they fixed the plug behind the computer desk.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 26, 2006
Tip Photo

View from the back windows

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful