Ramada Inn Baton Rouge

10045 Gwendale Drive, I-12 @ Exit 2B, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 70815, United States
Ramada Baton Rouge
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Baton Rouge

confederate civil war memorialconfederate civil war memorial

Street through dirty car windowStreet through dirty car window

Museum exhibitMuseum exhibit

Capitol buildingCapitol building

Baton Rouge housing

by fab2

My son is a recent College Graduate who ( having always loved the
South) is going to spend a year working in Baton
Rouge. He will need an apartment from July 2003-June 2004. We have
located several on line Listings, but having never been to your city,
do not know what the areas are like. He thought perhaps in the LSU
area? He likes to run daily and we live in rural
Pennsylvania, so I know the city will be different for him. Can you
recommend areas that are safe? Of course, he will be on a limited
income and needs reasonably priced housing. Perhaps you could point us
to someone that might be able to help?

by alicedadoll

Yes, the LSU area has many apartments at a reasonable price. The Campus is a beautiful place and great to run in and other amenities.

by mello317

I was recently looking for apts. in the Baton Rouge area and looked at www.homestore.com this site helps to find apts. in any area that you are interested in. I did find a complex called University Gardens at 2750 Alaska, that has a one bedroom for $330.00. I don't know if this is a good area or not because I myself have never been to Baton Rouge, but you should check the site to find something that you are interested in.

Re: Re: Baton Rouge housing

by wing3

The area upriver from the LSU campus is semi-marginal. It blends into an area shadowed by the Mississippi River Bridge.

Downriver and East of the campus are the more desirable areas. You may want to keep looking.

Re: Re: Baton Rouge housing

by sahel578

Its so cheap because Alaska street is in the GHETTO!!

by sahel578

The thing about Baton Rouge is there can be nice neighborhoods and then the next street over is the 'hood. In general, most housing by LSU is rundown. There are cheap apartments in Tiger Land, just off of River Road, but that is not exactly the most crime free area. The so called "Garden District" has some nice homes, but also.. one street away is the ghetto again.. with people selling "Racoon Meat" (I kid you not) on the corner out of a pick up truck.
The farther east on I-10 you get from Baton Rouge.. Bluebonnet Drive and Jefferson Davis Hwy is quite decent and inexpensive. Anything on the west side is going to be run down and crime infested. If you have any questions about a particular location, please email me.

Travel Tips for Baton Rouge

We like our rice and our politics dirty

by cynthi

I would say that you can't make a trip to Baton Rouge without a visit to LSU (but I'm biased). The oak trees are gorgeous and azaleas are beautiful. Another absolute must is seeing the Mississippi River. I would also suggest going downtown to see the Louisiana State Capital and old state capital. Go to http://www.ci.baton-rouge.la.us/ (and hit 'things to do, places to see') for suggestions beyond my tips. I did my undergrad at LSU and am currently a graduate student at LSU... plenty of good memories! The picture to the left is of the Memorial Tower, a landmark on campus, but maybe not as much as the football stadium!

oak alley plantation

by doug48

oak alley is one of the most visited plantations on the "river road". originally called bon sejour it was built by george swainey in 1839. this greek revival plantation house is known for it's 28 doric columns that encircle the house. oak alley gets it's name from the double row of live oak trees that were planted prior to 1837. oak alley is listed on the national register of historic places.
oak alley is located between baton rouge and new orleans at 3645 state road 18 near vacherie LA.

Look out for the Man-Eating Sharks!

by Jmill42 about Blue Fish Grill

First, I have not been here. So, I am reporting a second-hand story from my roommate. The reason for this is that he told me this place is really cool and I thought would be worth telling VT about. The coolness comes from the fact that you are eating while watching fish and sharks swim in a 107,000 gallon tank in the middle of the restaurant! So, if you aren't the great conversationalist and are on a first date, maybe you should come here! My friend said the Tilapia was out of this world.

St. Francisville

by BruceDunning

Drive through the town that only takes about 1/2 hour to take it all in, but there is so much to see -if you like history, architecture, culture and the good old days gone by. It is 2 miles long and the homes and preserved structures are sites to behold. Started as a monastery in around 1773-85, it spread out to be a trading town. It was a primary source to move cotton up the river to manufacturing cities. The boll weeval, floods, and fire nearly wiped out the demand for goods, but the town stayed the same as you see it today.
Get brochures before you come to plan visits to the antebellum homes in the area. It is fabulous.

u.s.s. kidd and veterans museum

by doug48

the u.s.s kidd was a destroyer that saw action in WWII and the korean war. the destroyer was named after admiral isaac c. kidd who was killed on the battleship arizona during the attack on pearl harbor. the u.s.s. kidd was put into service in 1943 and was awarded eight battle stars in the pacific during WWII and four battle stars in the korean war. for those interested in military history the u.s.s. kidd and museum is well worth a visit when in downtown baton rouge.

Comments