711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, Louisiana, 71111, United States
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about DiamondJacks Casino and Resort

Loved it!

my stay was just simply marvelous.the staff,service and the quality of the rooms and linens was of excellent quality. I can't wait until I visit again hopefully in November. Thanks again for a wonderful visit. I visited at the right time because the room rate was great otherwise I would not have been able to afford it and enjoy the casino.

They try, but it just isn't enough.

While the Isle of Capri has some nice rooms, it just doesn't compare with the Horseshoe. The casino is almost always too crowded and that is really tough on non-smokers. About the only place you can go and breath easily in the casino is on the 2nd floor near the entrance. I was there last month and left after not being asked one time in 3 hours if I wanted something to drink. The waitstaff needs to improve greatly. The food is ok, nothing to get excited about. I felt snubbed by our waiter in the steakhouse there, still not sure why he felt he needed to be snobby to my family. It seems like it takes days to walk from the hotel to the casino. I love walking, but it is tough on my aging parents. The Isle is ok if you have your room comped, but I'd never pay to stay there. Just the facts, sorry!

should be condemned

when we got to our room it was a mess. Trash strewn about,linens torn off the beds etc... we waited 20 minutes in the hallway for another room. The new room was orderly but not clean.
It was hot but we didnt dare turn on the wall air conditioning unit because I noticed that the inside of it was filled with black mold and the air already smelled of it.
In room coffee maker was a nice bonus. (I thought)
It had not been cleaned out from prior uses. It had coffee in it with white fuzzy mold floating on top of the coffee.
There were lots of hairs on the floor in the bathroom.
The carpet felt like you were walking on fresh laid tar. I dont think it had ever been cleaned.
I was tired and the sheets looked and smelled clean. I decided to just get in bed watch a little tv and leave in the morning.
That didnt quite work as planned. There was no remote to be found anywhere. There is no way I was going to get up and adjust the volume and channels all night long.
we got dressed. We got packed. we slept in my car in the parking lot.

It's past it's prime for sure!

The Isle is the only casino my husband and I have ever stayed in during our past 6 years of going to gamble. It was real nice in the beginning. I have seen better Super 8 Motels that can beat it now. The food all taste the same at the buffet, the room service is slow and the people as a whole do not seem to care if you are there are not. On our last trip in June of 2004, the rooms looked worse than I remembered. The sheets were torn and the wall paper was coming off the wall in the bathroom. We ordered food from the Deli and when we got to our room to eat it, the people that made it must of been talking to someone else, because the food no way resembled what we had ordered. We have gone through alot of money in the 6 years of staying there and have just decided for our money, we will not return. For our money, we will go to Boomtown. In June, we stopped by there on our way out of town and they actually seemed GLAD we were there. The Isle had better decide that they are NOT the only game in town. We emailed the powers that be, after we got home and never got a return email or call. Does this tell you that they do not care? Just go there and you tell me....

Enjoyed our Stay

I read up on the Isle Resort before choosing. The reviews were not that great, but when we made reservations they were so nice, that we went ahead and went there. We had two children (3 and 8) with us and the kids gave a complete thumbs up to the decor (bright , colorful and full of parrots!) We were not there to gamble, but thought the ambience would add to our overnight stay..and it did. The buffet at Calypso was good, a bit pricey for the evening. We especially liked the morning buffet at 7.99, with the kids being free. We were there on a Monday, so no shows were scheduled. The price was great at $59. Even though it was cool outside, the kids had the jacuzzi tub in our room. My husband went down and gambled for a short while in the evening and he felt all was good. No mold, no poor customer attitude. All in all, a good time.

Absolutely Horrible

My husband and I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Isle of Capri Inn on Dec. 28-29, 2004. We stayed there because the other hotels were booked due to the bowl game on the 28th. When we made our reservations we had asked for a smoking room with a king size bed. Upon arriving we were given a NON-smoking room (king) and was told that was all there was. There was only one person working at the desk and the phone rang nonstop. Finding the room was an absolute nightmare, we walked in circles for about 10 minutes before we found the room because of the layout of the hotel. I counted 8 cracks in the hall walls. We were shocked at the appearance of the room, old, outdated, plain, cracked walls, AND THEN I walked into the bathroom and found all the dirty, wet towels laying in the floor, shampoo bottles in the shower, coffee still in the coffee pot from the last occupants, empty sugar, creamer, etc., packages strewn throughout the bathroom. I called the front desk and told the young lady about the conditions and we were given another room. There was no housekeeping available until the next day. This one was a smoking room with two double beds....so much for our king.... There was a lipstick covered washcloth behind the bathroom door but at least we had clean towels. No insulation in walls because you can hear people talking and using the restroom next door.....talk about no privacy! The second evening we were there we realized all housekeeping did was make up the bed and replace the towels. No coffee, no shampoo, no cleaning of any kind was done, trash was not emptied. When we checked out I told the young lady at the front desk about our experience and she wrote down everything I told her AND STILL CHARGED US FOR THE ROOM!!

Room filthy - buffet terrible

We received a coupon from Isle of Carpi, that INVITED us to come visit, when someone invites you to their place and you have to drive 600 miles to get there, you expect that they might clean up for company. The carpet was filthy, the shower stall was so dirty that it was slimmy when wet. I have a broken ankle and was afraid to step into it for fear I would fall. We were awakened at around 7:am with loud alarms saying "The emergency was over and we could resume normal activity" since we did not know there was an emergency in the first place it was very distrubing...the alarm went off for about 20 minutes..and we were only notifed that it was over..scary if it has been an actual emergency to be notified that late.." Needless to say it was very annoying. The buffet which was not free I think it was $17.95 not sure, can't remember, was the worst buffet we have ever been to and we have been to alot. The food had set out and had not even been stirred to make it look presentable it was clearly left from lunch. The food was cold or lukewarm. Everyone around us was complaining. We went back for breakfast thinking no one could mess up eggs and we had a coupon that made it cheaper than McDonalds. So we thought we would give it one more try...it was terrible..dirty dishes with cake I recongnized from the night before were sitting at the dessert station. The donuts were stale and dishes were dirty. The casino was not clean and the slowest elevator in the history of elevators always had a line. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly..seems the only thing they have going for them is that they hire nice people but they need to make major changes if they want to compete with the Horseshoe Casino

Enjoy the Isle of Capri

by TripAdvisor Member MelodyBronson

I visit the Casinos in Shreveport at least once a month and I usually stay at the Isle of Capri, I receive free rooms each month with them. I have been staying there since May 2001. (I have stayed in each of the Casino hotels in Shreveport). My rooms have always been nice and clean (somewhat), sometimes I have had either had no towels or a shortage of towels. In the older rooms the furniture does appear worn, but I prefer the older rooms with the couch to the newer rooms with the 2 chairs. Farradays is excellent! The 24 hour foodplace has good food also. I'm not impressed with Kitt's Kitchen, the times I've been there some of the items on the menu were not available or they were out of it. I hate the remodeled buffet! I will only eat breakfast there and only if it's comped. I won't pay for a meal in the buffet. This casino is the smokiest of them all, but I do enjoy gambling there so I deal with it. I usually do quite well at the Isle. They have made some recent changes to the floor layouts and moved some of my favorite slots either to a different location or completely out. This is somewhat disppointing. I love the pool and the spa! I will keep coming back and I do recommend the Isle to others. (But it could be cleaner!)

Great Rooms at the Isle...but what happened to the buffet?

I have stayed at the Isle of Capri in Bossier many times over the past three years. I love the rooms and have always found them to be clean and well-supplied. But I am mystified as to what happened to the buffet. Three years ago the food was wonderful. Then they remodeled and the quality and variety of food became very poor. I've always taken great pride in taking along friends and co-workers and introducing them to the wonderful gaming opportunities of Bossier and the great rooms at the Isle. I have taken 43 different people in the past year - 33 for their first Casino experience. In the past I've always bragged about the buffet but this last time I was quite embarrassed when a friend commented "How can you mess up Macaroni and Cheese?" and our table and the surrounding tables erupted in laughter. Farradays is wonderful and deserves to be 5 star - however five star restaurants come at a five star price which isn't always in the game plan of your basic "have a good time and hope to win" gambler. As for Tradewinds, I attempted to order there my first few visits, only to wait forever to have my order taken as locals and others walked in to have their order taken before mine - I waited for thirty minutes one time and there were others arriving 20 and 25 minutes after me who had their food before my order was taken. It was an eye opener to experience reverse discrimination and probably a good experience for me as a social worker. I figure I learned a lesson and I should just realize in the future there is a good chance that I will be treated with predjudice if I visit Tradewinds again, but I want to keep an open mind and hope that not every employee discriminates (it hasn't occured elsewhere in the casino/hotel). I recommend the Isle for gaming and hotel stays but don't waste your money on the buffet unless you get a comp for breakfast. So far they haven't messed up the recipes for cooking sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, eggs and hashbrowns. Bring back the good food at the buffet! Please!

For 10 years we have enjoyed the Isle casino & the hotel for 8 years

Wonderful place to stay and play!! The hotel attached to the casino is wonderful! Beautiful clean, rooms with jacuzzi tub, 2or 3 TV's (depending on your room size) with sitting area, cold a/c, We always and ask for extra coffee and towels with no problem. The buffet choices are great at breakfast and dinner. The casino has loose slots great cocktails.

Yankee DoodleYankee Doodle