Horseshoe Bossier Casino Hotel

Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Horseshoe Bossier Casino Hotel

stayed multiple times...the best in Bossier!

I cannot believe someone recommennded windstar over the horseshoe...unreal ! I live in dallas and have been to both....horeshoe accomadations and gamimg are FAR superior to Windstar---well worth driving the extra 30 minutes ! Please trust me on this one....the horsehoe comped me steak and lobster at Jack Binion's...and I play quarter and 50 cent video poker...also a free night in their beautiful tower many times....love the "personal' attention I recieve and the layout makes you feel hust like Vegas....go, PLAY, have FUN ! My wife and I have been their 10 plus times and won at least half the time...one time we took 75 dollars each, came home with 6500.....no gripes about tight machines... ALWAYS at least get value time on all the machines.. I strongly recomend the "horseshoe" over all other hotel?casino's in Bossier--been to them all. If you go..........glgl and have a ball.........JIM

A++++ to Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member swoods

It is a 7 hour drive for us to the Horseshoe but well worth it. We could drive to an Indian Casio in 30 minutes but why? Love everything about the Horseshoe-the shots are fair (if you know when you should call it a night)-the food is great (we have tried it all)-Room service is Wonderful-The room are soooo clean (comps to housekeeping)-and speaking of comps-There Are NONE at Indian Casios but Great Comps at Horseshoe.

Wonderful Stay! First time to Bossier City

by TripAdvisor Member wackyjack

We had two nights comped at the Horseshoe in Bossier City in October, 2005. The exit from Hwy. 20 was simple, pulled right into the Hotel and valet parked. The lobby was beautiful. I was given a suite and it was wonderful. It was huge, with a nice jacuzzi tub and LR sitting area and breakfast table and chairs. It was a smoking room. We requested non-smoking, but checked in very late, so there weren't any available. They said the room had been treated, and if it wasn't good enough, they would do it again. Or give us a standard room. We took the suite and couldn't even smell smoke. It was lovely. Didn't want to leave the room. The bed was very comfortable.

I found the machines to be very loose in the casino. I play video poker, and hit $1,000 once and $500 later. Even won $85 at 3 card poker. My winnings kept me playing all night. I liked the variety of machines.

We had the buffet comped. It was OK, but not as good as I expected after reading the reviews. There was a huge variety, but I didn't think the quality was that good, of course you can always find enough to fill up on. Ate at the cafe once and it was very good.

Looking forward to staying there again soon.

Loved Shreveport

I stayed at the Horseshoe Hotel in Shreveport the Hotel was nice and the staff was freindly. I didn't spend much time at the Hotel and I didn't go to the casino. The City of Shreveport has started a public art project and they have murals and statues displayed in the downtown area. There are also a few historic churches in the downtown are. For Elvis Fans there is the Municipal Auditorium where the Louisiana Hayride was broadcast from. The tour only costs $2 per person and takes about an hour. They have elvis memoribilia and His contracts he signed with the Louisiana Hayride program. Shreveport is a great city.

We loved the Horseshoe!!

My fiance and I stayed in a lux suite. It was beautiful! I called to make the reservation well in advance to make sure I would get a nice view, non-smoking..etc. It was exactly what I requested. We had a beautiful view and a huge room. He planned on proposing to me outside on the boardwalk, but the view was so great he did it right there in the room. We ordered room service and it was great. The food was terrific and the service was good too. We went to the casino... He won and I came out even.Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. I loved it!

Bad Service-cold and hard food

Just returned home form 2 nights at the Horseshoe in Bossier City. My wife and I eat at the Oak Creek Cafe & Grille-Tues nite and Wed nite. Our order took app. 60 min. on Tues nite and my T-Bone was just warm and my wifes Chicken Fried Steak was fried HARD and only warm. On Wed nite the food order took 1 hour and 12 min. (Hamburger patty and french fries and I had a Casino Club and fries.) The manager came by and asked if everything was OK but was 3 tables up by the time I had a chance to ans. To me 1 hour and 30 min is too long for a simple meal. City and State inspectors in Texas would have this place closed.
We had a great time while we were at the Horseshoe and plan to return someday soon, but will find an off site location to eat. Drive time from Bossier City to my home is 12 hours

my favorite hotel in Bossier City

The Horseshoe is good about comping my rooms at it's hotel Sunday - Thursdays. On weekends they put me up at the Holiday Inn. (I'm not one of their HIGH Rollers!)
All their hotel rooms are "suites" with 3 TV's, a refrigerator and a coffee maker. The rooms are very large and with nice furnishings. They have a beautiful lobby, excellent shops and 3 restaurants. My favorite thing is they have a security guard 24/7 at the hotel lobby. The other casino hotels dont have that!! The Oak Creek has a great breakfast deal, sometimes it takes longer than an IHOP, but I think it is well worth it!! I also think the Horseshoe caters to a more "upscale" clientele. I rarely win in the casino, but I always have a good time.

Very Nice Hotel (and I'm picky!)

by TripAdvisor Member ok2trvl

The room was wonderful....very comfortable bed, with a duvet cover; seating area, refrigerator enclosed in cabinet; large tub; marble floors....we loved it! Exercise area is upscale also. Won money in the casino. Just all around, had a wonderful time here....but the best part was the friendly, welcoming staff. They made our stay extra special.

Excellent rooms - Bad food

by TripAdvisor Member Five_Aces_Tx

The Horseshoe has always had excellent hotel rooms every time we've stayed. They're always clean with comfortable beds and not a lot of outside noise. The Oak Creek restaurant, however, stinks! The first time we went there (a few years ago) it was great food with great service. I then visited it again back in December/2005. After dropping $2,000 at the craps table, I and a few friends went to the Oak Creek restaurant for what we thought would be an excellent comped meal. We stood in the comp line while they seated FIVE parties from the cash line! Then they acknowledged us and proceed to tell us that there were no tables. I looked inside and there were no less than six dirty tables and nobody doing anything about it. We waited a little longer and eventually got seated. The waitress took our drink orders but never came back with the drinks. She then took our food orders and brought the drinks back with the salads.

I complained to the regional VP about this and he comped a room so we came back in June/2006. This time we got seated quicker but it took over an hour before we even saw the salads. 30 minutes after that we were all served dried up, luke warm steaks.

My advice: stay at the hotel but avoid the Oak Creek restaurant at all costs.

Great Rooms at The Horseshoe

by TripAdvisor Member CTPJ

Stayed at The Horseshoe in Bossier City for 2 nights in July 06 and loved it. The rooms are excellent. Very big and comfortable. Ate at most of the restaurants and found the food to be very good. I would definetly stay at the Horseshoe again.

Moonbeam McSwine (P-51 D)Moonbeam McSwine (P-51 D)

Comments