Covington Hotels

Our Members Say

• msbrandysue profile photo msbrandysue
  • Reviews: 771

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Annabelle's Plantation: Best Bed and Breakfast in Convington!

Annadele's Plantation was recommended by 1000 Things To Do Before You Die: USA Edition and was worth every penny. I stayed here two nights and am thinking about returning shortly.

It's places like this that define Southern Comfort and Southern Hospitality. And it's things like this that make me proud to be a Southerner!

Now, there are only 4 rooms to request so you will need to make a reservation to ensure you get a room, and many weeks in advance for the weekends. I stayed on a Monday and Tuesday night so there was no one really around. When I walked up to the place in the middle of the afternoon there were two guys working in the garden. One of them was the manager! He politely greeted me and checked me in. Everyone working here was completely helpful and so friendly, the entire stay.

When I arrived in the room I was very impressed. The rooms are so big and the bathrooms are beautiful. While the place is most known for its romantic restaurant it has an open bar downstairs if you don't want a full meal. During the weeks the manager even let me part in the front (back) of the area right by the stairs up to my room.

*The manager was showing me around and pointed out that all plantations face the water. Although there's no river or creek here anymore, it's still a nice view. I spent one afternoon reading while the sunset on the community balcony. Very peaceful (mind the mosquitos!).

Many ammenities here. You get free wireless internet, plenty of cable channels on the tv, and Bath and Body Works products for the bathroom!

One of those only things I didn't like was.....I had room 2 or 3 and there wasn't a shower. Well, I had to take a bath and I'm not real big on that.

This place was really confusing to find the first time. I had to use my GPS in the car to find it...Some signs point to it but you really have to be on the look out. I highly suggest getting a detailed map or having their number so they can get you there.

The (free) breakfast that is cooked in the morning is absolutely amazing. I am NOT a morning person, nor am I a breakfast person but WOW....I would wake up for that meal every day if I had a personal chef each morning. The eggs, bacon, french toast, fresh fruit, coffee, juice.....I'm hungry just thinking about it! And....afterwards....you can walk upstairs and go back to bed hehe! :p

One more thing! They have a mini fridge in each room filled with sodas and water for free! That was so nice during the summer time coming back to the room and having something cold to drink without having to get quarters for some vending machine. Just another way Annadele's completes a wonderful stay.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 17, 2009
Tip Photo

• BluecatCanoe profile photo BluecatCanoe
  • Reviews: 163
I like to stay in New Orleans...

I like to stay in New Orleans and take a ride for a day trip but there are a few national chain motels on the highway leading up to Covington.

• Opinion of Price: