Great and funny quote's heard in Houma
One the things I loved about hanging around Southern Louisiana is the local dialect. A real lazy use of the English langauge with a lot of French words (Sir names and names of places, towns) thrown in and then mixed with that Cajun accent that cannot be found anywhere other than Terre Bonne Parish. Many times, a phrase that is really three or four words long ends up being only one continous word in the swamps and along the bayous of Southern Louisiana.
To help give you a taste of Houma's cultural background, I thought I would provide a list of funny or even remarkable qoutes that I have over heard while in Houma:
2. Dun Wurri 'bout Nohtin'
3. You can't get better seafood other'n Big Al's
4. Yankee, if Cajuns wouda join da Confederates during da war, that flag woud be flying somewhere other'n jus Mississippi
5. You from Indiana...you go campin' 'n fishin' up ere?
6. I dun know what you're talkin' 'bout, us Coonasses don't know stuff like dat.
7. We been kicked outta every country...they'll probably kick us outta here nex. (referring to those with Acadian ancestry).