125 East Kaliste Saloom, Lafayette, Louisiana, 70508, United States

BEST WESTERN PLUS Vermilion River Suites Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• NOT recommended

My husband and I stayed here, next door to my parents for a weekend trip. Upon entering the rooms for the first time, the overuse of air freshener should have been an early indication that they were trying to hide something. Indeed, it reared its ugly head by morning. Both rooms smelled like a moldy locker room - musty, stale and funky. The bathrooms have no ventilation or fan - so smells just linger. The staff was unbelievably LOUD - slamming their carts against doors and walls, singing and or yelling to each other down the hall. During our second night, there was some sort of argument or fight that started in a room next door that escalated and continued in the hallway. We mentioned this twice to the front desk only to be told by the guy "I didn't hear anything, no one said anything about it." No apology, no promise to look into it...nothing. VERY poor customer service. When I invited him to step into our room to enjoy the wonderful aroma for himself, all I got was "Well, you are checked out and free to go." WOW! The outside could use a little cleaning up...trash thrown about and trees that overshadow the parking spots are filled with birds that love to leave little gifts on your vehicle...I'm glad mine was a rental, but others that this happened to were not so forgiving. The ONLY good things this place has going for it is the free breakfast (though the selection is hit or miss with serving dishes being empty) AND the location. This was a first and last stay for us. And since the customer service response I received was so unprofessional, uncaring - so disconnected (clearly this man was just collecting a check), I shall find every site that allows for reviews and share my experience to help others.

Unique Quality: Location. That's it.

Directions: Near everything that could be needed or wanted. Just on the tip of Lafayette and close to Youngsville.

Comments