Holiday Inn Express Lake Charles

402 Martin Luther King Highway, Lake Charles, Louisiana, 70601, United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Charles
IHG Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

I was looking for a Hotel in the Lake Charles, LA area, I went to expedia and found this hotel Holiday Inn Express – Lake Charles, LA, The hotel is extremely clean and the food is very good, but it is the staff that makes you wishes to return over and over again, I cannot remember when we have been treated with such hospitable, gracious concern as was our experience at the Holiday Inn in Lake Charles. The mattress was so comfortable and the hotel was very quiet - perfect for a good night's sleep, We had a Flat television, Internet, Microwave, Refrigerator in our 2 Bed Wheelchair Accessible Nonsmoking Room with all the amenities, This hotel is near to Malls and restaurant and this Holiday Inn is a great value for the quality of the hotel and their exceptional staff.

More about Lake Charles

Oak Tree Sheared off by HurricaneOak Tree Sheared off by Hurricane

Louisiana Coastline west of Holly BeachLouisiana Coastline west of Holly Beach

Travel Tips for Lake Charles

Me and Ray Charles

by Ken_Weaver

One of the great characters that I met was a guy actually named Ray Charles. He worked for a contracting company that supported the Citgo Refinery. He supervised a group of workers that grilled our meats on huge live charcoal pits. He also could get me just about whatever I needed to make our operation work.

Cajunland

by ARoman

Sure, you go to Lake Charles from Houston to challenge you good luck and play at one of the four casino boats that make it famous. My friend George made me a decent Black Jack player so that I know when to quit, and my friends visiting got so excited by the slot machine winner bells.

But if you live there for few years like I did, then you know that gambling is not the best in town. This is the land of cajun food and music, of beautiful nature and nice rough people.

Try some crawfish poboy or some alligator tail, listen to zydeco or dance two steps, go out to see those alligators so close to feel unsafe, relax fishing on the lake and in the many bayous, enjoy the Contraband Days and Mardi Gras parties, cheer the Cowboys college football team if they will ever make the finals again, enjoy the warm hearted people.

In the grey Milan sometime I miss my time there and my friends. Hope you come back to see more pics and clues about this lovable place.

Comments