L'Auberge du Lac Casino Resort

L'Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about L'Auberge du Lac Casino Resort

Old Blood In Bed-Check Your Linen!

I love the casino, however, my 1st stay in their hotel was 1/06 and it was not desirable, liked or fully enjoyed. I would like to say Mr. Harold in vip services were very nice, helpful and very apologetic for the 1st room we were placed in. We went into the room only to find that housekeeping had already cleaned the room from previous patrons, BUT the bedding had not been changed only pulled up. After pulling sheets back to rest a minute before going to the slots we found blood on the sheets. Pulling the sheets back we found the blood had gone straight thru to the mattress. The hotel personnel was informed by way of myself calling and going down to speak with Mr. Harold in vip and he found a room for us and it was very, very nice. BUT, there was only 1 bed, a sofa and chairs. there was no double bed happing there and this was needed with 5 people!! ya think? YES, it was my orignal request when placing the reservation. The room was comped rooms but I gamble there all the time and was planning to do so during this time and I did. Lost alot, so the rooms were more than paid for, my boys had to sleep on the floor in the great big beautiful hotel in this nice upscaled room. The hotel worked it out by paying for two meals for my family. Do I feel it was enough, no not really, like I said before I played more than what they comped me. Do I feel they did all they could have done? NNNNOOOO, I think they should offer me another stay in a room that will allow my entire family to sleep in beds and not the floors. Upon leaving someone asked why did I not ask for pull out beds, I honestly did not think about it and I truely believe they should have said we will place you in a room that will accommadate your family. They didn't. But the truth of the matter is I love the hotel, the place is friendly and its a place away from home. There is some cleaning problems but that too will be over looked by people like us who will go back no matter what we place on this website.

Most Enjoyable Getaway I Have Had!

In late December 2005, my sister and I decided to take a short getaway.
We decided on the Lake Charles location. I was somewhat hesitant, due to the recent devestation in the area, but we went anyway.
From the moment we arrived we were immediately received with the utmost care and consideration. The valet service employees were courteous, friendly, and efficient, registration in to the hotel was swift and polite, the rooms were neat, clean, and stocked with any needs one would have. The employees "ALL" had a sincere, friendly smile, they could not do enough for us! (It was amazing to me after all the devestation, people had lost so much. But their "SPIRIT" seemed untarnished.)
The design and decor of the entire establihment was incredible, there was no reason to leave the property, everything was there.
We took advantage of everything that was offered and had no disappointments. Shopping, restaurants, clubs, spa, (a little to cold to swim, but the pool and it's area is fantastic.) and of course the CASINO!
This was the first time I can remember(and we go to many such establishments all over the world.) I actually had restful sleep at a hotel and casino, I was so refreshed when I woke up.
This will be the place for me from now on, as a matter of fact I am returning again this week and looking so forward to it!
Thank you L'auberge Du Luc and to your FANTASTIC STAFF!

Sincerely.
Linda Sunday
San Antonio, Texas

Night at the L"Auberge

Well I reviewed the information posted here before going to the casino and I found it most helpful. I kept most pertinent information in mind. Upon arrival I found the check in process fine and the same as any other hotel. I will note the smoke was Very evident upon entry into the casino/hotel. However, it is that way in any casino environment I have ever been too, so it was somewhat expected. Anyhow. Due to a review that someone wrote on tripadvisor, I immediatly went to my room to do an inspection. Upon arrival the room was impressive and suitable. Until I drew back the covers. I was worried because the comforter looked as if it had been sat on and there was hair on the bed. As I went to one side my aunt went to the other side. This Is where she immediatly spoted that someone had thrown up in the bed and on the nightstand. The sheets were covered in dry throw up that continued onto the side of the bed onto the nightstand. We called and we were told to go downstairs at once to change rooms. This was very dishearthening and disappointed as we were paying 249 a night. After a quick discussion we were moved into a suite and given a lower rate. We then repeated the process of checking out the room and it was in tip top shape. After spending 45 minutes getting the room situated we went to the buffet. The lines were long but as long as you have good company they go fast and the food made the wait worth it. After eating we went to the casino. The biggest problem here is that it appears that they did not build the casino big enough. There are only a select few tables and roulette in comparison to the various amounts of slot machines. My preference is roulette and it took until 2:30 in the morning for things to settle down enough to Comfortably sit at a table and play. This was very irritating. But my husband and I stayed around and were able to play. Until this point the staff were nice and courteous. At about 4 am my husband called for room service as it is advertised that they have late night. He was told that due to staff shortages, they did not have it but he could go down to the cafe. He tells me that he went down and waited for an hour for someone to wait on him before he became fed up and went to talk to the hotel manager. At That time, they apologized and comped our room along with giving us 2 free buffets. Staff at this facility were average some were nice and courteous while others were rude. Though we had a couple mishaps I still think the casino hotel is a nice getaway and the best in Lake Charles. It has great potential.

Unable to return.

I call to made a reservation for a room. They asked me if I wanted a Queen bed or King bed. I requested a King Bed when I arrived I was given a room with 2 Queen Beds. I call back down to the check in and they stated there were no more King Beds. I stated I reserved one and he stated they do not reserve the type of room first come first serve. I asked why do they asked and he stated he did not know. I play blackjack and the first night loss over 5000.00 the next day won and now they wanted my SS# asked why stated for my identification stated I show my Driver's Lic. that was not enough. They needed it to report to the Treasury Dept. I asked if it would be on my Taxs and he stated no. A very nice gentleman stated yes they would report it.
I do not understand why they had to not tell the truth. If they would have taken all of my losses and added them up I would not have won that much.
I went for Breakfast and the waitress was incompetent
unable to get my order correct. The Clerk at the check in stated to go and get a new card. When I went to the players counter she stated no I did not qualified for one. When I went over the terms on the sheet it showed I did have a upgrade. No one can get there storys straight. They escorted me out of the casino and would not let me cash my 300.00 dollar voucher or cash in my 1300. in chips.

Nice hotel with poor service

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the L'Auberge. It was a beautiful hotel, but unfortunately they have very poor service in a lot of different areas. Room service is almost impossible, because it is so slow. Once they forgot my order completely. I discovered this after waiting for almost 2 hours. They have a very small staff in their spa, so it is almost impossible to get an appointment. I called to get an appointment for a massage on the first day, but never got an appointment in the 4 days we were there. One day our room never got cleaned at all, the next day I had to call housekeeping to remind them to come. It is very unfortunate, because it is a very pretty hotel. The rooms are large and very nice. The pool area is beautiful.

It's not a $370 a night hotel, no mater what!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Texas George

OVERVIEW Casino property is 18 stories with golf course, pool and marina, approx 18 months (?) old. The property interior is designed to resemble a mountain lodge. Easy access from Lake Charles and I 10. Room views are pool and golf course or water/refineries in the distance. About 3-31/2 hours from Houston. No other facilities in walking distance, but restaurants 5 minutes by car. Probably the nicest regional casino in the area (according to wife who has gambeled at most in area). Small marina in rear of hotel.

THE GOOD: Arriving by car the valets were there with no wait. Self parking is available. No charge for valet. Bellman available at the door for lugage. Check in was qiuick with several stations open. Casino personnel were execllent. Made for an enjoyable evening (even though I am not much of a gambler). Best drink service of any casino to date! Great decor scheme both in general and room areas. Starbucks coffee shop in lobby. Fabulous pool area, great for kids and adults. Duvey bedding. Minimum wait at check out and for the valet. Security very visable.

THE BAD: While the decor is great, the quality of the furnishings are of low quality. Already the tables are scratched, the columns are faux wood and the rooms are already worn. Hall ways had trash that was never cleaned up. Linen carts have scored walls and on no smoking floor, several cigarete burns at elevator carpet. Our room had huge black marks all over the carpet. Stains on the easy chair. The glass top table had spilt beer on the top that the maid missed. Temp in the room was meat locker level. Turned the local A/C off but there is a central A/C that froze us. The in room CD was inoperable. At check in the quoted price was $329 INCLUDING tax. Plesently supprised as this was unexpected. On check out, that changed to ADD TAX to make the bill $370.

THE UGLY: Walls are paper thin; no insulation (?). Couples spat in ajoining room awoke us at 7:30. Not to be outdone kids everywhere making noise. Could even hear it in the local A/C. Tried to eat in the restaurant at midnight. 45 minute wait to get seated. Tried the Asain rest next door. We are both China hands and we found the food almost ineatable. $12.00 for lousy fried rice seemed a little expensive.

BOTTOM LINE: Why go here when Vegas in just a little more in cost for a couple? Certainly the rooms are a much better value. This is about a $129 to a $159 a night hotel. Upon leaving we spotted a Best Western on the highway. Wife suggested if we were ever to return we should stay there. This is probably a good destination for families, but it is a terrible value. Definately not a $370/night room!!! I WOULD NOT RETURN IF THEY COMPED THE ROOM!!! Wife thinks I understated the bad and ugly.

L'auberge Needs Improvement

My 23 year old son and I stayed at L'auberge during the Contraband Days festival in Lake Charles. Although at first glance the place seemed posh it wasn't long before we could tell it was all smoke and mirrors. You could tell the furnishings were nice at one time, but they now look like Hurricane Rita concentrated her efforts inside the lobby. The staff was pleasant though. Valet was fast, checkin was easy but it was a little hard trying to find the hotel elevators. I don't know why they are so far from the front desk. We asked two different people for directions but they didn't speak english. We then tried to ask an asian lady in a tuxedo, but she seemed hurried and unapproachable. The room was designed nicely, but it wasn't as clean as I would've hoped for. I got the impression that with all the money this place it makes it doesn't spend enough on proper staffing. What a dumb area for a supposedly upscale resort to cut overhead in. The pillows made an impression. I've never slept on hotel pillows that were so comfortable. We went to the casino for a few hours and had a good time. It was somewhat crowded, but we moved into the High Limit area where things were much roomier. For a boat there was more room than any I've seen before though. The pool looked very inviting and I hope to have time one day to give it a try. The area around the pool is awesome. You could easily lose yourself in an island fantasy there. Palm trees and even a straw hut bar with stools in the water. There were scantily clad women nearly everywhere which my son enjoyed but I found that it took away from the classiness of the place. It was like having beach bunnies serving cocktails at the Museum of Natural History. We tried all of the restuarants during our visit and found that Jack Daniels Grill was the best as far as food goes, but our waitress seemed clueless. The service in Snake River Grill was wonderful and Patrick was helpful with wine choices but the place is too pricey for what they offer and our steaks were a little overdone. The Buffet was a good value and fun to experience but some of the food looked old. Ruby was very sweet and efficient. The Cafe took too long to get us seated and I was disappointed in the "prefab" fried shrimp. I mean this is Louisiana, good fresh seafood is expected. Brock apologized and spoke to us for a while making us feel like he really cared about our visit. We opted for Room Service for a late night/early morning snack and was nicely surprised at the service. We asked for cookies and the manager Candice said she'd find some or bake them herself. We had a good chuckle over it, but she managed to produce cookies so I guess she was serious. Karen at the front desk was friendly and helpful with information on the Contraband Days festival. She helped us decide the best times to go. Checkout was simple and painless and we drove away knowing that even though the place could use some sprucing up we'd be back not because of the services but because of the service.

not going back,very unhappy with the hotel

Cost of the room was very high.plus no comp for the room. Will not stay there againe. Lost a lot of money and get nothing off the room. Not happy. Pay over $300.00 for one night and not have a spa tub.Will not go back

Will Return

by TripAdvisor Member redhat52

We were given a gift card to this hotel & casino in November 2005. We were finally able to book a room in June '06. Our experience was great, the room was clean, and the pillows are awesome. The staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. My husband played golf, which he said was a wonderful course. I stayed out by the pool which was delightful. Loved the tubing on the lazy river.
I also had room service which was quick and good.
I do think the room rates are a bit overpriced ($239 for a Thursday) and it is difficult to book a room in advance. I was told they are reserved for 'high rollers" on weekends and only available last minute.
The lobby furniture is showing a bit of wear and tear, but I guess it's natural with the amount of people staying.
I'd love to see the room rates drop a bit, we'd love to stay and golf more often.
We will visit again soon.

Impressive Hotel

I loved the hotel and the shops. I did not win any money, but had a great time. The wait staff was very accomodating as well. I could spend another weekend there. Super impressed with the pool, but it rained so we didn't get to "float." We really wanted to drink martinis and float on the Lazy River. Next time.

I had spaghetti and meatballs in the restaurant. Absolutely wonderful ! The best I ever had. I made myself sick trying to eat all of it ! haha

Did I mention the beds ? Ooooh, so comfy. All the fluffy pillows and the down comforter were too much !

Comments