Lake Claiborne State Park Hotels

Our Members Say

• am&pm profile photo am&pm
  • Reviews: 38

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cabins: Some cabins are better than others

I grew up doing a lot of camping in a tent. I used to laugh at people in campers and cabins because they didn't know what it was like to "rough it". Well, those days are almost over for me, although I'm perfectly game to go tent camping again. Now I'm happy with things of comfort and these cabins were perfect for me. A little rustic but with creature comforts as well.

If you decide to rent a cabin here, we can recommend the following cabins to you based solely on their location. We had never been there and considered ourselves lucky when we booked over the phone, not knowing which cabin location we were getting. We got Cabin #1 which was really nice and fairly close to the water. The best locations, however, were Cabins #2, 3, 4, 8, and 9, with 2 being the most ideal view of the lake. There--now you have it. First hand knowledge of what to ask for when and if you book! :)

All the cabins have the same layout---loft with double bed, bedroom on the first floor with 2 bunkbeds, sofa sleeper in the living room. Kitchen, eating area, living room.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average