Dreyfus House Bed and Breakfast

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 2 reviews

Dreyfus House Restaurant

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 3, 2012

I have never had a poor enough experience, anywhere, that prompted me to write a scathing review like this one! I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (approx 25 - 30 min outside Livonia) and years ago I fell in love with Dryfus House. The food was delicious and the service was superb. I had not been back since "New Management" hijacked this place. Myself and a close friend chose to have lunch there a couple of days ago, right before the New Year and I regret spending the gas money it took to get there. The girl that waited on us was "dizzy" to put it nicely. We had to repeat our orders several time and she just seemed like she was on another planet. We arrived at the restaurant at 1:30pm, ordered an appetizer and finally got our server (Christie) to understand our order shortly there after. Our appetizers came out in acceptable time... HOWEVER,... our entree's did not arrive to our table until 2:45PM. INSANE!
BUT, Let me back up... my friends order was delivered to her 15min. before my entree was delivered. Who does that??? Who brings out a partys' food one entree at a time??? with that much time in between deliveries?... My friend ordered surf and turf. A horrible cooked
piece of dried out beef w/ a side of sauteed (un-deveined and over cooked) small shrimp. Which she did not eat. I ordered fried eggplant with a side of crawfish remoulade sauce. The eggplant was cooked very well and the sauce was o.k... I just didnt understand how my order was so complicated, that it had to follow behind sooooooo long. And no one could explain it to us. Christie found it FUNNY that we asked, but could not give a "sober" answer to our question. When we went to check out, my friend asked to speak with a manager and we were told she would not be in until 5pm. My friend refused to pay for her un-eaten lunch and was advised by the cashier to give her name and # for the manager to call her. Needless to say, No one has called.

When I told another friend about this place and how badly it has gone down, his reply was " Everyone knows that they do not want Black people in their restaurant and make sure the experience is horrible so you will not return." .... Well, they succeeded! I will never go back and white, black, yellow or purple neither should you!

Good day!
Leslie

Nearby Dreyfus House Bed and Breakfast

Livonia Travel Forum

Need advice about Livonia, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for Livonia and ask our Answer Gurus.

Livonia Travel Guide