1896 O'malley House

120 South Pierce Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70119, United States

More about 1896 Omalley House

Indulgence at its finest....

I am a native New Orleanian; however, frequenting this B&B transforms me into a pampered tourist in my own city. Larry and Brad's attention to detail and indulgent pampering makes their guests' stay a divine experience.

Their home's historical architecture transports you back in time, while the modern renovation allows for High Speed Internet and Jacuzzi tubs.

Their taste is impeccable--the walls are adorned with the some of the finest art and tapestries.

There is simply so much to experience at the O’Malley House….

Big Beauty at the Big Easy

This is an excellent b&b in a great location. Our hosts made the entire experience absolutely wonderful. The location is very convenient and the amenities were terrific. What a great first visit to this great city. We will be back.

The Wonderful O'Malley House

The 1896 O'Malley House was beautiful! Not only that our hosts were extremely friendly and catered to our every need. I would DEFINITELY recommend the O'Malley House to anyone who visits New Orleans!

beautiful house !

Stayed at the O'Malley last summer for a few days. Very nice house with nice owners (a couple with a small child). It was somewhat remote but I know the new Canal trolley has alleviated that somewhat. Recommended.

This is the place!

I cannot adequately describe what a beautiful house this is. Brad and Larry see to every detail in order for your experience in their home to be one to remember. The house is exquisitely decorated and has a feeling of home. Brad and Larry are the best. You can't experience New Orleans without staying at the 1896 O'Malley House. I can't wait to go back.

The Best ever!!!!!!

I cannot say enough good things about the O'Malley House and its owners. The rooms are beautiful and have that great like home feel. Brad and Larry make you feel like part of the New Orleans family and Cody ( thier dog) is the best. This place is a must for anyone. Don't miss out. You can be in the mix on Bourbon Street or relax in the swing on the front porch. I loved it so much that I am making a return trip in September.

Redefines "PERFECTION" for this family

by TripAdvisor Member delunatic_cat_2000

Impeccably restored historic bed and breakfast. Tastefully furnished. Large suite with lots of windows and a balcony (room #6, the Broyard Suite is the best). Gracious, entertaining hosts Larry and Brad anticipated EVERYthing. There was simply absolutely NOTHING to complain about or even want for. Cody (their dog) was a joy. Delicious breakfast elegantly served. Supercomfy bed with luxurious linens. Easy-to-find convenient location within walking distance of neighborhood restaurants, cemeteries, and the Canal St. trolley. (Bring cash if you eat at Mandina's. Their ATM charges you $3. This is in addition to whatever your bank charges you.) Unlike other B&Bs we checked in the area, the 1896 O'Malley House did not charge extra for our 8 year old son to sleep on the fold-out sofa. They were also willing to acomodate his special gluten-free dietary needs. The 1896 O'Malley House set a new standard for this family! This is the ONLY place we will stay every time we come to New Orleans.

Nice alternative

This bed and breakfast is very nice. I loved the "mansion" style house and the yummy breakfasts. The rooms are well appointed as well. I slept like a rock!

Only downsides: the owners have a dog. I'm allergic. He was so sweet I still played with him, though, but my allergys were terrible when I returned home.

Trolley car can be slow if you're headed to the French Quarters.

Awesome B&B!

Staying at the 1896 O'Malley House was an awesome experience. The house is beautiful and comfortable. Each room has a bathroom and is decorated tastefully to give you that cozy feeling. The breakfasts were delicious. Larry and Brad have thought of everything and tend to your every need. They even provide high speed internet access and wireless technology. They were very helpful with choosing where to go and what to see and offer coupons from local attractions and discounted daily passes for the streetcar. Cody, the dog, is precious and very well mannered. Larry and Brad truly made our first trip to NO a memorable one. I highly recommend staying at the 1896 O'Malley House. We plan to come back with friends!

O'Malley was O'Awsome!

by TripAdvisor Member The_Black_Knight

My wife and I have stayed in B&B since 1985. Not many allow children so we were thrilled when we found out the O'Malley House did. I can also tell you that if you don't come down for breakfast in the morning then you are certainly missing out. We stayed in room 6 which has a balcony. We could watch the street cars on Canal St. from our room as well. We had a marvelous time and never knew anyone else was there had we not gone to breakfast. The next time we return to New Orleans there is no doubt we'll be staying at the O'Malley House!
Your missing out if you stay anywhere else!

Comments