Alexa Hotel

119 Royal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

• Fair Priced Hotel

My stay was very pleasant. The staff took a little long with getting us to our room but that didnt ruin my visit. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great. They had all types of food to choose from and the omlettes were great. We looked at the pool and it was a little small, but that didnt matter. The room was up to date and nicely kept. I liked the very high ceilings.

Unique Quality: Very tall room with high ceilings and big windows but it was comfortable to stay in.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Around the Corner from Canal Street

I have not stayed in this hotel, but it seems to be a convenient location. In the French Quarter but near the streetcar line.

The AAA calls it a small scale hotel and gives it their three diamonds approval rating.

A room with one king sized bed (for two people) was $149 in December 2004. They say off season rates start at $139 and in season rates start at $179.

Unique Quality: According to the website:

Guests also enjoy full use of the facilities at our adjoining sister hotel, the Astor Crowne Plaza, including:

* restaurant
    * full service bar
    * concierge service
    * 25,000 sq. ft. of private function/dining rooms
    * fitness center
    * rooftop swimming pool

• benakelly's Profile Photo

Great Location

You don't don't go to New Orleans to stay at the hotel. This hotel was moderatly priced - the rooms were adequate - the service was friendly. What is really nice is the location. With a short walking distance to to Bourbon Street, it's just a short stumble back to your room in the evening.

Unique Quality: There is hardly any view - and there are better hotels. You will most likely end up spending more for it though.

More about Alexa Hotel

New Orleans = Fantastic

by hustaj

pretty darn fun!!! Bourban Street was grea, randomnly ran into Zakir uncle and Family. The Alexa hotel was great and cheap, bignets are soooooo good! I love this place, but it smells like poop and chicks are SICK!

October trip

by cromette

I am tentatively thinking about a trip to NO on October 15-17. Lots of good hotel deals, besides...I have to go back, it's time.

We want to try a new place, any thoughts on any of the following:

Chateau Sonesta, Crown Plaza Astor, J.W. Marriot (previously La Meridien), Monteleone, Alexa Hotel, Inn the Bourbon, or Chateau Dupre?

Re: October trip

by aimlessamos

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the J.W. Marriot this past weekend. Besides being convenient to everything we could possibly fit into 2 days stay, the staff was fabulous - rooms were squeaky clean and beds were so comfortable, they deserve mention. The restaurant breakfast was awesome - complete with omlette and waffle stations. I don't know about the other places you mentioned, but my stay at J.W. Marriott was a great experience.

Re: October trip

by sahel578

I prefer the Chateau Sonesta.. you might want to check out the W hotel as well... but that is a little further uptown.. just up from Harrah's..
Have a great trip!

Re: Re: October trip

by cromette

Thanks, ya'll.

I am beginning to get the impression that it would be hard to miss with this line up. Inn the Bourbon is only 3 stars, but my crazy husband wants to stay on Bourbon this time, so I think that's what we'll do. We go so often, I am going to try your suggestions too sometime! Thanks again.

Re: Re: October trip

by clark105

The Chateau Sonesta is great. I have stayed there before and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Comments