Audubon Park House Bed & Breakfast

Central Grocery interiorCentral Grocery interior

Pirate’s Alley CaféPirate’s Alley Café

Prince Conti Hotel or any other hotel in French quarter

by mindcrime

I have read some good reviews about The Prince Conti Hotel, and has some offers for $58 per night. It is located at 830 Conti Street. Is this a good location for us? (we will stay for 6 nights).

Can you suggest any other 3 star hotel in New Orleans?
I want to be near the jazz clubs.

k.

by riorich55

The Prince Conti Hotel is right in the heart of the French Quarter so you will be within walking distance of all the main jazz clubs. $58 sounds very inexpensive for that part of town.

great! :)

by mccalpin

I stayed at the Prince Conti a number of years ago, and it worked out fine for us. The room was done up in an old style (not modern business chain). I don't really remember the amenities - I actually spent much of the time in bed with a fever while my wife and her mother went out and had fun (which was OK, I just wanted to sleep). And, yes, it is quite close to Bourbon, and since the Quarter is small, it's not much of a walk to anywhere in the Quarter.

Note that if you have a car, the parking was valet only. This was because the hotel had a vacant lot next door, and the valets played mathematical games cramming every car possible into that lot ;-)

by mindcrime

no, we wont have a car, will it be easy to find a a way to the airport early in the morning from the airport?

by riorich55

You will take a cab to and from the airport.

by mccalpin

Yes, if you're taking a taxi, no problem at all; I can't imagine any taxi driver not knowing where the hotel is...

by mindcrime

yes of course, my question was if I can find a taxi from the hotel, do I have to call?

by riorich55

The hotel personnel at the front desk should be able to make that call for you.

by mccalpin

I agree. I don't remember a taxi stand at the Prince Conti, but there are taxis in front of hotels not far away, and I have to believe that one would be able to come quickly.

Of course, if you are thinking that you will need a taxi very early in the morning to take you back to the airport, then asking the front desk to reserve your a taxi the evening before would work.

Travel Tips for New Orleans

Louisiana State Flag

by Amareyui

The Louisiana state flag was adopted in 1912. It bears a mother pelican in a nest with three young pelicans. This design shows the state's role as the protector of its people and resources. The state motto, Union, Justice, and Confidence, also appears on the flag.

Take a plantation tour out to...

by Turnkey

Take a plantation tour out to Laura plantation. The slave quarters are still mostly standing, which (I have been told) is unusual. It is an awe-inspiring connection to a tragic chapter in our founding history. Follow that up with a visit to Oak Alley, the beautiful plantation where Interview With a Vampire was filmed...and where they make one heck of a mint julep. My fondest memory of New Orleans is eating my breakfast beignet at the Cafe Du Monde on the corner of Jackson Square. I ate there most mornings, and I really enjoyed watching the people pass by while my travelling partner and I planned our day over iced chicory cafe au lait.

You absolutely must try to see...

by jypsylade

You absolutely must try to see and experience everything that New Orleans has to offer. THE FOOD,,THE FOOD,, THE FOOD!!..I couldn't get enough of it!! Everything was so different and delicious!! While on Burbon Street you have to find Pat O'Brian's, where they make the world famous hurricane, at least that's what I remember them calling it, you only need about 2 and your well on your way. The people are amazing, the music is awsome!! Louisiana warmed my soul...i will for sure visit it again! The Daiquiri shops!! They are on every street corner like ice cream stands, they are very delicious and you should try to avoid as many of them as possible, if your not careful you'll find yourself in trouble. Like myself in this picutre, i stumbled apon one too many that night!!

Spend some time watching the...

by Radiomom

Spend some time watching the Mississippi River. The traffic on that river is constant and ever-changing. Makes you think about how important major river ports, like New Orleans, were to commerce when the US was just being expanded west-ward. (And obviously, with this much container traffic, still absolutely essential!)

Uptown District

by Cabana_Boy

This is where it's happening now....it seems like everyone has already moved to Uptown and that's the place to be in Nola (give bywater a few more years)....the best thing about Uptown has to be all the restaurants, bars and shops on Magazine Street. From the Big Fisherman to St. Joe's or onto Jacque Imo's or the Maple Leaf deep into Uptown, this part of the city is the place to go to avoid the tourists as well as all the chug-n-puke crowds of the Quarter.... Any night that I get to eat at Jacque Imo's and drink at the Maple Leaf....

Comments