Avenue Plaza Resort And Spa

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• jsob1949's Profile Photo

Great Location

Excellent hotel close to Basin St. right on the trolley route in the heart of the Garden District. Easy access anywhere. Hotel is well laid out with a beautiful pool and garden area in the back side. Great gym and reasonably priced spa services. Excellent restaurants and cafes near by.

Unique Quality: In the Garden District

• malianrob's Profile Photo

More on Avenue Plaza

I really liked staying here and in the Garden District. There were times that I wished I was in the French Quarter but whn it got to crowded or too crazy there I was glad I was away from it. On the positive side, this hotel isnt too far from the French Quarter.

Unique Quality: The one thing that I didnt really care for was that we had to pay for parking. It was about 10 dollars a day and you could go in and out as much as you wanted.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Great Location

I get alot of different information about this place. We stayed here because it is part of our timeshare but it is actually a few different timeshares located in this place. Someone also told me it was part hotel. So I am not sure. The service here is excellent. We stayed in a studio room since it was only the two of us. We had a kitchenette in the room and the entire place was very spacious. Unfortuneatly from our room we couldnt get a good look at the parades passing by but they do have a balcony off the second floor and everyone is welcome to hang out there and enjoy the parades. The pool is alittle small but not too many people were using the pool anyways so i guess that was ok.
    I can say that they sure take really good care of us here and I will definitely be back.

Unique Quality: A few things I really liked about staying here was that we were at a great place to watch all the parades. If we wanted to catch beads we just walked down to the street in front of our hotel. If we just wanted to look at the parades we went to the balcony area and we got the best views of the parades and sometimes they will even throw beads all the way up to where we were. Great location.
    This is also a great place to take the kids. This area was fun during Mardi Gras and there were tons of kids around.
    Something else I really liked about this place was that they have the Ashley house. It is a cottage built in the 1700's somewhere on Canal St and in the 1900's was moved over here to the Garden District. They do little tours of this house at the hotel for free. There is also some writing on the walls from the Civil War.

Directions: On St. Charles street in the Lower Garden district.

• JCiroli's Profile Photo

Avenue Plaza Hotel

A room here will run you about $100 per night but has full kitchen and sofa bed.

Unique Quality: Nice place. All rooms are suites but some are more so than others. Hot tub on roof w/ great views of city. next door to Igor's. A local 24 hour bar with lots of character and a decent drink.

Comments