Baronne Plaza Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Travelodge Baronne Plaza Hotel

Travelodge Baronne Plaza Hotel
    I think we paid around $70 or so for our room... really, you can't beat the pricing here. You get a nice, comfortable room, in a great location, in downtown New Orleans.

Unique Quality: Very nice hotel... the design inside is kind of unique... almost reminds you of the room locations in a Holidome! :) Anyway, the rooms were very nice for the price we paid.

Directions: 201 Baronne Street.... actually has GREAT location... it's not right on Bourbon Street, but it's just a short walk from it. Actually, this hotel is kind of in the business section of town, but even th

More about Baronne Plaza Hotel

I enjoyed the Barrone Plaza

I stayed at the Baronne Plaza on December 19, 2004. My room was on the 4th floor and it was large and clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful.

I had no complaints and I will stay there again. Great location near the French Quarter.

Great location, affordable rates!

by TripAdvisor Member sapateif

I had heard a few not-so-good reviews of the Baronne Plaza, but it was actually a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and you can't beat the rates given the location. The Baronne Plaza is only a couple of blocks from Canal/Bourbon streets. It is in a safe and easy to navigate neighborhood. Really, location is what impressed me the most about Baronne Plaza. If I had anything to complain about, it would have been the view from our room. All we could see was the 10-story building accross the street, but it wasn't so bad. I am actually going back in a few months and plan to stay there. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is travelling on a budget ($70-$100/night) and doesn't mind staying somewhere practical instead of fancy. Happy Travels!

It was perfect for our needs!

The location was great. Close to the French Quarter, only a 5-minute walk- just don’t do it by yourself. The room was large and clean… nothing fancy, but just right. We went to N.O. to be tourists, not hang out in our room. The front desk people were wonderful! Dwayne is especially amusing and even lent my sister neosporin for her injury. When we wanted extra pillows, and they only had one to give us. There is a free computer room with internet access. We didn’t eat at the restaurant, but it seemed somewhat fancy. There wasn’t a view from the room, and the cable wasn’t great, but the price was! I was especially weary of staying there due to some comments I read on this site, but I couldn’t have been more pleased! Lastly, I am embarrassed to say that one night we accidentally left our door unlocked- I was mortified to find this when we arrived home… however nothing was taken or missing from our room!!!

Great stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member roulette00

Went to Nola from 10/29/04 to 11/1/04 and stayed at the Baronne for the first time. My room was clean. Nothing looked old. Location to Bourbon Street was great. Dwayne was funny at the front desk. They dont know how to say no everything is always yes to your every need. They even unlocked business center for me at 4 in the morning so I could print my boarding pass. If I had to say anything was not great it would be that the air never did get my room extremely cool but that wasnt just at Baronne. I was in different friends rooms at different hotels and there rooms were not really that cool either. It was record breaking heat and the demand on the units was too great. My room wasnt hot I just kinda like it nippy when its hot outside so I can cool off quick. I will be a repeat customer.

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member chgolaw

We stayed from Nov. 4th to Nov. 7th, 2004. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to almost all the sights and sounds of the Big Easy. Great helpful Staff. We had a clean room with a window overlooking the street. No complaints here. I highly recommed this hotel!

The Worst

by TripAdvisor Member jessier88

This was BY FAR the worst hotel I've ever been to!! We moved rooms 3 times. The first had stains all over the sheets and cigarette burns in the bedspread. The second had dried blood on the bathroom floor and a broken door lock. We were so exhausted upon arrival that we "settled" for room # 3 but checked out the next day and booked a new room at the Holiday Inn. I wasn't expecting much, but was at least hoping for a clean room. I was afraid to walk around without socks on!! This place made some of the budget hotels I've stayed at seem like 5 star hotels! Don't be fooled by the web pictures. This place is an absolute DUMP!

great location, great prices

by TripAdvisor Member Furious_Jam

This is one block away from the French Quarter and two blocks away from Bourbon Street, which counts for a lot. A 24-hour Walgreens is just one block away too, which is very helpful.
This is not the Ritz. The rooms are small and plain - many are without external windows. The staff is not very professional, though they are very friendly and helpful. But the prices are so great that I think it would be unreasonable to expect anything more.
Good points, besides the great location and prices, are:
Everything is clean and well-lit.
The room was quiet.
Internet access is wireless and free.
The staff successfully addressed our issues (burnt-out light bulb and poor a/c were quickly fixed).
In a tourist town like New Orleans, you could easily pay a lot more and get a lot less. Debutantes will be turned-off, but the budget-minded traveller will be pleased.

Very Happy with the Baronne

My wife and I stayed here from Feb 16th to Feb 21st. Hotel is in great location, staff was helpful, and rooms were clean. Only negative is that the room we had did not have a window so it was hard to tell what the weather was like before going out. However a dark room in the morning really isn't all that bad after a late night on Bourbon! Would recommend this room to anyone and will likely stay their again the next time we go to the Big Easy.

Day One

by BigXey

Being more impetuous than frugal, we decided it'd be worth the extra money to fly into New Orleans. So, we plopped down the $116 some dollars per person to fly from KC to NOLA. The flight was like 2 hours (I don't remember...I slept most of the way) or so. We stayed at a hotel that was right across Canal Street from Bourbon Street. It was called Baronne Plaza Hotel and it was the Travelodge. You really can't miss it if you look down Baronne street. It was around $135 per person to stay there for 3 nights and it was a pretty sweet hotel. I was however disappointed by their hot tub or should I say lukewarm tub. We decided that since we had just been on a plane, we'd gotten up early, and that we're not used to New Orleans food, we should eat something normal, so our first meal in New Orleans was....Subway. We were so looking forward to a spicy Cajun meal, but instead we had veggie subs. Oh, well. Later that evening, we went to a restaurant called Country Flame which was pretty good. I recommend the poboy sandwich. After eating, we set out to accomplish our main goal as college students on Spring Break: drinking. We basically cruised down Bourbon Street, with jazz blaring this way and that, sipping on our Hurricanes, and loving it. I tell you, that is definitely not something you can do in Columbia, Missouri. As far as drinking goes, I highly recommend the Hand Grenade. You can get pretty loaded after just about 3 or 4, which will run you about $19 total. We bar hopped from Razoo, to Cat's Meow, to 735, and to Oz (my roommate is gay, and told me that there would be hot guys there. How could I not go?!?) Oz and Parade are pretty much the 2 most well-known gay bars in New Orleans...possibly the world. All I know is that it was expensive, the cigarette machine sucked, and I dropped my dollar bill, thus precipitating the whole crawling on the floor looking for my dollar incident. It's amazing how determined one gets while drunk. I have to say my favorite club would be 735. ATB was playing that night and it was amazing, especially if you like techno. I had a blast. All in all, it was a successful evening. Especially since I found my dollar.

Comments