Bed and Beverage Guest Apartments

700 St. Philip, , New Orleans, Louisiana 70116, United States

• gblinda's Profile Photo

A loud New Orleans apartment

Well, it's a lovely apartment...however, I was expecting this raucous, loud, fun scene. I never discovered it, at least at the apartments where I was staying. I stayed in the 2nd floor balcony studio apartment on Royal (it's definitely not a one bedroom, more of a studio/kitchenette). At 6:00 a.m. it's very bright and VERY loud. I came back yesterday and I am still tired. You can have all of the windows closed and it is still very loud. The shower in the bathroom leaves a lot to be desired. I don't care that things are old, I prefer that but I would like just a bit of water pressure and for the temperature to hold as you pull the knob from bath to shower. It took a good 10 minutes to get the water not too cold and not too hot every day. I never knew where the main building was and I would have liked to have witnessed some of the activities listed in the other reviews so I never got to meet the infamous Blake or partake of the daily happy hour.

We had a swimming pool and it was a lovely courtyard. Beautiful weather but still too cold for swmming, there were a few brave souls that gave it a shot.

Other than that, the apartment is quite nice and I would recommend renting an apartment over a hotel room any time in New Orleans, however, if you need your sleep like I do, do not get a room with a balcony, especially if you're going to be sleeping right next to the street!

Pricewise, I don't know why all the other reviewers got their rooms for so cheap, mine was $149 a night.

Perfect location! Lafitte's and Clover Grill are right around the corner, French Market 2 blocks in the other direction. Loved it.

Unique Quality: The private balcony is great and the pool in the courtyard is really nice, but too cold.

• SinKitty's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Royal St....

We stayed at the Royal St. Philip, which is right on the corner of Royal and St. Philip. It was a tiny apartment right above CC's Coffee shop, which was super convenient. The room was ok, not the nicest hotel, but it definately served it's purpose. It had two double beds, one bathroom, a small kitchen, and a little sitting room. It was $125/night, but you could probably fit about 7 people in it. We only had four. It was about 2 blocks from Bourbon, and walking distance from anything in the quarter.
    We payed $125 per night. During Mardi Gras though, the room shoots up to $325 per night with a 5 night minimum! Jeez!

Unique Quality: The location.

Comments