Chateau Motor Hotel

1001 Chartres St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States

Chateau Hotel
Hotels.com Priceline.com Booking.com

• cromette's Profile Photo

Nice quiet hotel - good standby

We have stayed here multiple times, and have always been pleased for the most part.

When traveling with the kids, we always wind up with an upstairs room. This time our room was rather small, and there was not much room to put our things. In addition, I was surprised to see that our air conditioner did not seem to be working properly. When I inquired at the front desk, the man said he did not have the air conditioner turned on because it was supposed to get cool during the night. However, it had not been “cool” throughout the day. There was no air circulating in our room, and the sun had been shining into it all day. I requested and was given a small fan. This did not help much. We were hot all night, and woke to an uncomfortable room.

Before we headed out to the Quarter for the day, I made a plea/complaint again at the front desk, and the problem was fixed in the most marvelous way. When we stopped back by in the afternoon, the room was cool, and air was circulating beautifully, making for a much more pleasant stay. The maid brought a ton of fresh towels, and the general staff was very helpful.

This hotel is kind of “tucked away”, and sometimes guests tuck in early. We were laughing and talking in the courtyard at about 10:50 pm (within pool hours), and one of the guests opened her window and yelled at us. We were headed upstairs pretty quickly anyway, so we just laughed and went to the room at her prompting.

If you plan on a rowdy time, this is probably not the hotel for you. We had the kids, and were not looking to party half the night. Overall, the stay was enjoyable, and we will keep this hotel on our “pick list”.

Unique Quality: Great location, two blocks from Jackson Square, far enough away from the action to be quiet for sleeping.

Beautiful courtyard.

• Excellent Location!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic place!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you thank you to the VT members who recommended this hotel. I was with a party of four and found our room to be very comfortable and clean. We were celebrating a college graduation so we really didn't stay in the room that much. I never had a problem with the staff and must agree with another VT member that the doorman Wendell is just a doll. The courtyard is very nice. When we were at the hotel we spent most of our time there with our feet dangling in the pool. Also the path we took from Bourbon back to the hotel was very well lit; we passed a few dark corners but had no problems. As others have said just keep your wits about you, it's just like any other tourist town. Just remember when booking in the French Quarter, it is old, below sea level, and a "tropical" environment so there will be mold, there will be dust, there will be pluming problems (hot and cold flashes of water) but I have experienced this at every hotel, and some residences in the FQ so just keep that in mind when booking.

Unique Quality: FREE SECURE PARKING, anyone who has ever driven to NOLA will know why this is important. Adorable courtyard, continental breakfast, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, mini fridge and hair dryer in rooms.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Woot. Awesome place!

I looked this place up on VT and based on some good comments and recent reviews, I decided to check it out.

Turns out those VT'ers weren't lying. This place is great. It's located in the French Quarter two blocks south (well, really south east) of Bourbon Street.

The front door is located on the corner of St-Phillip and Chartres. Parking is across the street in a closed lot (they will ask you to leave your keys at the front desk when parking here) and is included with your room.

The interior of the hotel is opened up to the outdoors which is nice compared to the traditional coffin hotels we are all used to.

The rooms themselves are smallish but very comfortable. They are well decorated and have all the usual ammenities.

Breakfast is served out in the courtyard and is composed of toasts and coffee and juice.

There is a small outdoor pool for use to guests as well.

The only thing to watch out for is that you are still quite close to Bourbon street. If you are a light sleeper, get a room facing the courtyard as it cuts down on sound from parties on the street.

This is my new home while in New Orleans. Fantastic place.

Unique Quality: Location! Free Parking! Old world charm.

Directions: All one ways in the french quarter.

• Jonathan_C's Profile Photo

location, location, location

I was doing the French quarter as a one night stand so location was important and the location here is perfect! Half way between the riotous section of Bourbon St. and the nightclub section of Frenchemen St., the immediate surroundings are much calmer than either. A school zone two blocks north sets the tone more than anything. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the Quarter. It's got the architectural charm, the staffing and the location that make for a very pleasant experience.

Unique Quality: I only spent the hours of 3 am to 6:30 am at the hotel so I made no use of the pool, courtyard or breakfast. But I was glad of the 24 hour staffing. And the off street valet parking is a must for anyone with a car. The room rate includes parking so remember this when comparing prices. The room itself was surprisingly nice and seriously air conditioned. My glimpse of the clientele mid-week in September was of an older crowd and I noticed the rooms were equipped with two boxes of kleenex and make-up removing towlettes. I doubt I'd be trading tips with the other guests but that's not why I was here.

Directions: Two blocks NE of Jackson Square.

• Neesie's Profile Photo

Quiet French Quarter Hotel w/ free parking

Another VT user recommended this hotel to me; I would not have been happy with a big chain hotel, or a hotel "close" to the French Quarter. As far as hotel rooms go it was average (bed, tv, bathroom). However I really liked the location in the French Quarter. It was a few blocks from Bourbon, and about 3 blocks from Jackson Square. It faces Charters & St. Philip. For the money, I think it is a good value.

Unique Quality: The courtyard is beautiful. Brick walls, fountains, garden dining sets and a pretty pool, statues, etc. etc.

It is the only hotel I know of (besides the Richilieu) that has their own parking facility. It is more like storage parking, so they have to park and retrieve the car for you.

Directions: in the heart of the French Quarter

• cromette's Profile Photo

Chateau Hotel - A Great Value

Chateau Hotel is by far our favorite place to stay when we are in New Orleans.

We prefer to stay within the French Quarter.

This hotel is small, clean, and very nice. The rooms are a very comfortable size. The courtyard is beautiful. The continental breakfast is made to order. You even get a newspaper in the morning.

The service is on par with a really nice chain or a good bed and breakfast, and the price is always right.

The location is perfect, just a few blocks from Jackson Square, in a quieter area. We have never encountered any problems walking to and from at night.

Ask for a room facing the courtyard to avoid street noise.

Unique Quality: The courtyard is wonderful, with a pool and beautiful foliage. It is a great place to enjoy your breakfast in the morning.

Chateau hotel

The little nice inner courtyard of the hotel has a bar and swimming pool.
    When the weather is nice, you can have your breakfast at the swimming pool. However, when the weather is too bad to sit outside, I recommend not having breakfast at the hotel. As the hotel doesn't have a place inside for breakfast, they'll bring your breakfast to your room. As the rooms are rather small with no table, it's difficult to eat your donuts and danish and drink your coffee without making your bed dirty.

Chateau hotel

The room with king size bed that we had was rather small but nicely decorated and had TV and a fully equiped bathroom. From our balcony, we had a nice view over Chartres Street (French Quarter).

Chateau hotel

In the heart of the French Quarter, just steps away from Jackson Square and the old French Market is this nice hotel in a typical French Quarter style. They have 45 guest rooms with double beds or king size beds, continental breakfast, a morning paper and free valet parking. Staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful.

More about Chateau Motor Hotel

Parking

by fritz5

Is there any cheaper all night parking than the $20 to $25 a night the hotel's charge in New Orleans? It seems like a rip off to me. Maybe there is a park and drive somewhere, or a parking garage?

Re: Parking

by Helga67

Why don't you take a hotel where car parking is free. We were at the Chateau hotel and didn't pay for our car. For more information about the hotel, see my New Orleans page.
Helga

Re: Parking

by jicooper

Why dont you park at Harrah's its free as long as you get the parking card validated.

Comments