Country Inn And Suites New Orleans

Country Inn & Suites New Orleans French Quarter
Booking.com Travelocity CountryInns.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• webula's Profile Photo

Convenient location and good value!

This was a small hotel around the corner from several of the bigger hotels that provided a clean and safe environment.

Unique Quality: There was a continental breakfast served and it was jam packed every morning. The only strange thing was that getting to your room could be a challenge with the winding halls and half floors. But only a small issue.

Directions: Around the corner from the Marriott and a few blocks from Harrah's Casino.

• freespirit1's Profile Photo

Location and Nice Hotel

I stayed almost 3 weeks here and felt at hoe, the rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast fresh and the location just far enough away from the noise and close enough to walk to everything that mattered. If the place had not of been full already for week 2 of Jazzfest 2010 I would definately stay again.

Unique Quality: A series of warehouses fused together

Directions: Warehouse District

More about Country Inn And Suites New Orleans

Clean, Charming, New Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member nalu

We just returned from a 3 day stay at this lovely hotel. We had a one-bedroom, which had a huge bedroom area (2 queen size beds) with a door separating it from the sitting area (pull-out couch). This was a great set up, as we were traveling with a child. Everything was very clean and beautifully maintained. This hotel is just a 10 minute walk to the French Quarter, so you have all the benefit of being close to all the action, but far enough away to enjoy this quiet location. My only complaint: the valet parking (the only parking available)--which is $23/day for a car and $32 for a van. But that's not the bad part. We had to wait 35 minutes for our car prior to our return flight home...a little nerve wracking! We made it to the airport on time, but we had no idea it would take that long to get our car. The staff said they informed people at check-in that it would take 30 minutes to retrieve a car, but no one told us, and we had no warning regarding this unreasonably long wait. So, if you need to park a car, call the valet about 30 minutes ahead of the time you wish to depart. Other than this issue, everything else was great.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member jle1012

I was in New Orleans the 1st weekend in March and stayed at this hotel with some friends. The location was great!! Close enough to the French Quarter without all of the noise…. It’s also just a short walk to the Café du Monde & the French Market as well as the Riverwalk Mall. The rooms were clean and spacious (we had a 1 bedroom suite which had 2 double beds as well as a pullout sofa). There is a little hallway between the sitting area (which is where the pullout sofa is) and the bedroom. There is a coffeemaker as well as a little refrigerator in this hallway. Everyone that we encountered at the hotel was very friendly and helpful with information on places to see and how to get there. I would definitely stay here again.

A great place to stay

My family and I stayed here for four nights in mid-May. We found thlis hotel to be very clean, comfortable and accomodating. The buildings are on the National Historical Register and has exposed brick walls and ceiling beams, as well as the old elevator hoist. There is a lovely little sitting room off the front door, and a complimentary breakfast with tables in the dining area, plus out in the hallway. Nice place to enjoy a meal or a game of cards. The staff was friendly and very helpful, and they serve cookies at the front desk. There is a small on-site bar -seating four, in the hallway-(but overflow can sit at the tables). A private courtyard with a small pool is inviting and quiet. The Magazine Street location is just a block off of Canal, and the Quarter is closeby as is the River. We happened to be there during the termite swarming- that was the only problem during our stay. I recommend this hotel!
One last thing, we didn't rent a car during our stay and we had no trouble getting cabs to get around the city.

Clean, Friendly and Cheap

by TripAdvisor Member mellow_goat

I go to New Orleans too much some say. I know the Quarter better than I know my family. I have stayed in many hotels in the French Quarter. This is one of the best I have stayed at. I booked a one bedroom suite for $100s. The room was huge. I had a livingroom and a bedroom. Both of these rooms were extremely clean. There was a TV in each room which was nice since I like to sleep late and my gf does not. (darn early birds) The room was quiet. The most quiet room i have ever stayed at in the Quarter. When you closed the bedroom door it feels like you are in your mother's womb but with AC. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was 4 hours early for check in and they let me get into my room anyway. I would tell anyone to stay at this great place. This place isnt overly fancy..... that was a great perk. Some of the hotels in the Quarter go over the top.

Beautifully appointed, historic bldg.

Charming and comfortable, beautifully appointed--with the partially exposed brick and light colors, it's a place apart from your typical Country Inns and Suites location (not that those are horrible, exactly). The cookies are still there regardless! An extremely impressive hotel for its class. And it's located in a building on the National Register. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Great Location, Great Hotel, Great Price

by TripAdvisor Member speakeasy

You really can't beat this hotel at this price. We paid $79 per night for this new (2004) hotel in a super location for access to Bourbon Street, the Aquarium, superb restaurants, free Wednesday night concert in Lafayette Square (What a treat to hear Cowboy Mouth), and Harrah's Casino. This hotel is a beautiful renovation of several very old buildings. Our room had a very high ceiling with an immense arched window that overlooked Magazine Street. The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were a bit thin for my taste. The room was freshly decorated and a good size, with a small closet and large bathroom. The original floor joists are left exposed (painted) in the ceiling so you can appreciate construction materials you can't see today. There is a tiny pool, and a tiny 4-seat bar with a wonderful bartender named John. Breakfast was included and featured the typical waffle station, bagels, muffins, breads, cereals, fruit, coffee, and juices. The front desk offered freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, a great treat upon returning after a day's touring. All hotel personnel were very courteous. The only downside was the parking rate--$23.00/night, although this is common in NO. You CAN do this town without a car.
Have you been to New Orleans before and loved it? If so, please go back. This city, and the surrounding area took a sock in the gut from the hurricanes of 2005. If you loved the food and the fun then, you'll be able to ignore the things that are not up to snuff.

Nice Stay

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on June 18th for two nights. We are trying to reestablish ourselves in New Orleans after Katrina, so the trip was primarily business, i.e. checking on our house, meeting with contractors, visiting family, etc., no tourisy stuff. I booked a one bedroom suite on the country inns website and got a good rate of $99 a night including breakfast. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. The rooms were decorated in cream and brown. Very nice. We had two queen beds in the separate bedroom and there was a sofabed in the living room. There were five of us including my 3 kids, and we had plenty of space. There are 2 TVs so for those parents travelling with kids this is a must have. Plenty of storage space since the living room and bedroom had a closet. The only downer, the bathroom though clean and nicely decorated was small. Also the bar area would have been nicer had you had a sink, but those are very small things. Maid service was good, even though we didn't get enough towels (always a problem with a family of five), but easily obtained from front desk. Breakfast was typical continental: cereal, fruit, grits, oatmeal, and waffles. It was very well stocked. My family enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I was doing low carb so there was nothing I could have except coffee. Would have liked some Splenda too. The charge for parking, typical for hotels in this area is a bit steep, $32 for minivans. Since we were out most of the day, we had no problem finding off street parking at night (no charge). Just make sure you feed the meter after 8 am once the meter maids come around. Again since we were out pretty early in the morning and didn't return until evening, we paid $2 a day max. Just be aware of where you park and try to park on the main streets instead of the darker side streets. On our last night the guest next door complained that we were a bit noisy, so the walls though nicely done in brick, may be a bit thin, so watch that. Nice hotel for the price, would use again.

A nice little hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member soco_engr

My family and I stayed at the hotel for one night on June 16th. We paid $119 at the last minute. The hotel was easy to find and the valet efficient. The interior was surprisingly spacious and elegant. The cookies at reception were a nice touch. We had the room on the first floor on the other side of the cuban restaurant. The noise was not bad considering the room is on the street. The room was clean and comfortable as others have reported. We especially liked the fact that we did not have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. In this room, the bath is large with both a tub and a large shower. The breakfast is pretty good but definitely lacks protein. The hotel location is great - reasonably close to all the downtown sights. During our short visit, we went to the aquarium and the quarter - both back up and running nicely. We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

Absolutely gorgeous!

I stayed here for a business trip, and was absolutely delighted with the hotel! The lobby and courtyard are gorgeous, and the rooms were lovely. Not much of a view from my room, but the beds were soft, and everything was clean. The staff was very helpful as well. I didn't have the chance to eat the complimentary breakfast except for once, because of my early meetings... but I can't imagine going to New Orleans without visiting this hotel again. WONDERFUL!!! Highly Recommend it.

Comments