Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast New Orleans

1415 Prytania St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

• New Orleans' Hippest Place to Stay

This is the most unique place I've ever stayed. The owners are on premises doing things like decorating and finishing the restoration. The crew, both staff and maintenance are full of fun and energy. The Banana tree courtyard is an awesome place to relax and there's even a small happy hour so you can meet other guests.

Unique Quality: A renovation and restoration project that has created both fun and formal areas. An eclectic mix of antiques and finds. This continental breakfast even has eggs and bacon on the weekends.

Directions: Lower Garden Disrtict, one block from the St. Charles Street Car Line. Walking distance to the Convention Center and the French Quarter

• New Orleans' Hippest Place to Stay

More about Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast New Orleans

Creole-Gardens is excellent!!

This was our first trip to New Orleans. We spent 4 nights, 5 days at a Bed & Breakfast called, "Creole Gardens". I recommend this B&B without hesitation. There is not an area that I cannot comment highly about. The newly renovated facilities are charming, beautiful, clean. Our cottage room was tastefully decorated. Everywhere I looked in the room I saw evidence of much thought put into the furniture, curtains, wall decor, bedding, etc. Our children booked this vacation for us (mom and dad) for a Christmas present. After we received the book they made announcing the trip, they told us how helpful and friendly everyone was from Creole Gardens in answering the many questions they posed. My husband and I saw first hand evidence of the friendly hospitality. Rhonda makes delicious pancakes, eggs, grits, bacon, and especially homemade cinnamon buns. She brings the food to your table with a smile and pleasant conversation.
We have great memories of New Orleans and included in them is our stay at Creole Gardens.

The best ever!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member alffie

Have traveled all over and never found any place with a staff as nice as this. I would go back anytime with my family and most of all they made my service animal as welcome as myself. You could not ask for better!! Alffie will always remember you Thanks so much you guys are wonderful!!!!

Convenience Plus!

This location is very convenient to both the French Quarter and to the Garden District. It is in a very safe area one block from St. Charles Ave. and a Streetcar stop. Emeril's Delmonico restaurant is one block away. I am a single woman who was alone and felt very comfortable walking at night in this neighborhood.

A full breakfast is served and is included in the price of the room. The staff is very helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable. The rooms look exactly as they do in the website photos. These are old buildings; so expect to hear some street noise and noise from your neighbors.

All in all, a very satisfactory experience and I heartily recommend this hotel as it is a great value!

Did the staff write all these wonderful reviews?

by TripAdvisor Member susanht

I had to check again the reviews after staying here, did the staff write them? My friend and I had requested a room with two beds and were given room 11 in the slave quarters. BEWARE! This room has no bathroom door and after going out to dinner and returning to our room we found no toilet paper or soap and had to make it through the night with some tissues we had. The toilet ran and the sink rocked when used and NO DOOR to the bathroom. There was a very small wardrobe which would not fit a suitcase full of clothes.
The next morning we did see the manager since no one was on duty after 8pm, though there is an emergency number on the door. We told him we wanted to be as happy as the other guests so were moved into the mansion upstairs from the dining area and had very nice rooms with king size comfortable beds but alas! We again had no toiletries or TP. We went downstairs and took TP from the other bathrooms so we could make it through the night. I also had requested a clock since there wasn't one but never did get it and had to turn on the TV to tell time since I don't wear a watch. I did get toiletries the first night but the next couple of nights I did not. The front bedroom with a balcony let in the sunshine but also the street lights so was very bright in the room at night. I did wake up Sat. in the early morning hours to my bed shaking gently and after figuring out it was not an earthquake I realized the house "spirits" were trying to get my attention. I was shaken for a few more minutes and quietly asked them to leave and was granted the sleep I needed soon after. They did not return and neither will I.

Pleasant enough employees, but would not return

by TripAdvisor Member isseyvoo

Given a room in Bordello Annex with old upholstered chairs that looked as though they were just pulled out of a barn after being stored there for decades. Full of dust, saggy, ripped and unusable - allergies went crazy. No heat. Toilet not firmly affixed to floor. Phone didn't work. No TV remote. On second day, with no warning during an afternoon nap, three people showed up at the door lugging a wall unit they wanted to install -- right that minute. Got dressed, moved our luggage out of the way, had the unit installed, only to discover it still didn't work and still no heat.

Moved after 2 nights to "best room" in mansion. No complaints there, except for a lamp with a short circuit, a non-functioning TV remote and one other strange thing -- the bathroom French doors had big windows in them with no curtains, so other room occupants could watch one on the john, in the shower, etc.

For final night's stay we had to move once again, since they had mistakenly double-booked the room that night. Went from a king size to a full size bed in a dark room with Jesus pictures all over the walls. Bath sink not firmly affixed to floor.

Strangely, in all 3 rooms, the bathroom French doors had no interior handles of any kind, so it was not possible to really close them properly.

The staff was friendly, breakfast was good, but with all the choices available in New Orleans I would look elsewhere.

Well....

My husband and I spent the weekend of 12-14 March 2005 at the Creole Gardens bed & breakfast. I must say that the establishment is very comfy and the people were extremely friendly and service was impeccable.

I must especially commend Uly, who had been an incredible help throughout our stay there. The owner, John, was also friendly and chatty. Breakfast, which was included in the cost of the stay there, was also a plus.

HOWEVER, I must also bring up the fact that walls are paper thin at this place - I was awoken by our neighbours' "nocturnal" jaunts and the a/c in my room was also quite loud.

All in all though, I only have complaints about the room, but other than that, everything else was almost perfect!

We'll be back!

Wonderful staff - friendly and most helpful with lots of local information that made our travels around NOLA so much more enjoyable. The location is terrific, and enabled us to explore some lesser visited areas of the city without ever having to get into our car!

Our room was clean with beautiful hardwood floors and lots of character - the renovations are done with loving care and attention to details of the period. Rather than wander the noisy streets of the French Quarter one night, we brought a bottle of wine back to the peaceful and romantic courtyard under the stars and cool breeze. What a great evening together in a wonderful space.

Breakfast.......well, it was delicious, lovingly prepared by a beautiful lady, and it kept us filled with homemade yummies for the better part of the day. (With a midday cafe au lait and beignet to hold us until dinner, of course).

We slept well, ate well, and thoroughly enjoyed meeting the folks at Creole Gardens. Thanks, everyone. Andy, we found a great mantle, but alas, could not fit it in the car for the trip home. So we will just have to come back with a truck!

Best concierge/manager ever!

The whole staff was wonderful, and we want to send a special thank you to Jonathan, who provided us with wonderful tips on where to go and what to do. The staff give new meaning to the term "southern hospitality." Our room (the Gothic room!) was fantastic, and each morning we would get up and--after a breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, homemade cinnamon rolls, and grits--take a stroll through the Garden District. It was a welcome change from staying in the French Quarter like we normally do.

Thanks to everyone at Creole Gardens,