Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans

Booking.com Orbitz.com DruryHotels.com

More about Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans

Drury Inn is the Best!!

by TripAdvisor Member Charlotesmom

I had a conference in New Orleans and could not afford to stay at the pricey Fairmont Hotel. After researching on the Web and reading rave reviews, I decided to give the Drury Inn and Suites a try. Wow, what a nice place. My only complaint is that they do not have a restaraunt on the property, but they do serve heavy snacks at night and an awesome breakfast. I had a 2 room suite, complete with a living area, with a desk to work at, huge bedroom area and an excellent bathroom (all marble). I felt very safe as the elevators and stairwells were card access only. The pool on the roof (heated) was beautiful. The excerise room was sparse, but for what I paid, best bargain for my money in a long time!! Defintley recommend and the staff were so nice and friendly. Very close to the trolley, stops at the corner and nice walking distance to the casino and riverwalk mall area.

Great place to stay in New Orleans

We stayed at the Poydras Drury Inn in late July of 2004. It was a terrific place to stay. Affordable, walking distance to the French Quarter, and very elegant for the price.
We stayed at a similar Drury in St. Louis (Union Station) earlier that summer--just as satisfied. I think it is great to put updated motels in older buildings, near the downtown instead of out by an airport. This building has character, but is as clean and comfortable as a new motel. It is located in a quiet area, but pretty close to some major roads. We had a bit of problem finding it, even with Mapquest directions. It was sure worth it, though.
Parking was extra, but convenient. We walked to the French Quarter, the new shopping center by the river, and the wonderful D-Day museum with no problem. The walk to the French Quarter was a bit farther than websites indicate, but much better than driving and trying to find a parking place.
The breakfast was fine (but the usual motel quality, lots of mediocre but edible food) except a big tour bus was leaving and we had to wait in line quite a while. The rooftop pool was small and crowded when we were there, but not awful. The popcorn and soda provided in the inroom fridge (and a microwave) was a nice touch.
We only spent a day and a half in New Orleans. I hope to go back, and will stay at this motel again!

Would Recommend to Anyone...

by TripAdvisor Member dsmemphis

I booked this hotel based on reviews found on this site, and was pleased above my expectations. I was met upon check-in with complimentary cocktail coupons and snacks, which we had the opportunity to enjoy every evening of our stay from 5:30 until 7:00. The people at front desk were very friendly and willing to give directions and offer advice whenever we asked. Every morning, if you can drag yourself out of bed from the night before, they offer a free hot breakfast from 7:30 til 9:00, which we took advantage of each day of our stay. Also, the hotel is very nicely decorated and clean.
Our room had an old hotel charm about it. The floorspace wasn't the largest I've ever stayed in, but the 15-20' ceilings made it feel very spacious but cozy.
It is a short walking distance from anywhere in the French Quarter, and it is located just far enough away from the hustle and noise of Bourbon Street.
We will definitely be staying here on our next trip to the Big Easy.

Great!

by TripAdvisor Member greekgirl64

We just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. We loved it. Public transportation is right out the front door (bus and streetcar). If you'd rather walk, just head strait down Carondelet - it turns into Bourbon when you cross Canal (6 blocks).

Hot breakfast is provided every morning in the lobby. On Sun-Thur, each adult guest receives three complimentary evening cocktails in the lobby.

The rooftop pool is small, as is the fitness center.

The lobby is beautiful, with marble floors and nice chandeliers. We stayed in a king suite, and it had tons of space, although the bathroom area seemed small. Our teenaged nephew slept on the pull-out sofa, and appreciated all the room he had to spread out. He also appreciated that we had our own tv in the bedroom, so he could have control over the one in the living room. He loved the free internet access, but didn't love the TONS of pop-up ads that came along with it.

The king suite had:
One bedroom with king bed, two night stands with lamps, entertainment center with television, telephone, and closet.
Living area with pull-out sofa, chair, recliner, coffee table, entertainment center with television, refrigerator, and microwave (2 free soft drinks and microwave popcorn provided), and desk area with internet access.
The vanity area had another closet, as well as a coffee maker.

Parking is $13 a day, which is a bargain. The lot is self-park, no valet, so you have access to your car whenever you need it.

Make sure your room key is always handy. You need it to get in and out of the parking area, to use the elevators, and to get into the back entrance (all day) or the lobby entrance (after hours).

This was our third trip to New Orleans, and our first stay at the Drury. I think we'll stay here again.

Very Pleasant experience!

Recently spent three nights. Booked after reviewing tripadvisor reviews. CLEAN and wonderfully situated. Self parking was attached to the hotel, secure and, relative to nearby hotels, inexpensive. Staff was not overly attentive but we preferred it that way. The breakfast buffet was nice although nothing exceptional. The free cocktails in the afternoon were a pleasant surprise and much appreciated. The roof top pool was a bit difficult to get to but once there clean, quiet and refreshing (bring your own towl). Lots of room in the suite. Free soda every day placed in the refrigerator. For the price, it is the best hotel deal in town.

Very Good Value

Ive stayed in several worse hotels in New Orleans that were more expensive than the Drury. They have great service (they even let me check in early), great location (4-5 blocks from the Quarter), great parking ($13/night w/unlimited access), great security (you cant even use the elevator without a room key), and great breakfast (lots of choices). And the every part of the hotel is very clean, unlike a lot of other hotels in NO. AND it cost at least $20 cheaper/night than any other hotel I saw in the area. I will stay here everytime I visit from now on.

Hotel and Staff were great

My family and I stayed here the night before our cruise 09/29/04. The hotel is clean and in a great location. Easy access to the street car and Bourbon street is only a few blocks away.

The staff was very friendly, especially Palistine (sp). I asked if we could keep our luggage there while we walked around the next day and she took very good care of it. She even called a cab (minivan) for us to take us to the pier.

I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Would stay again

by TripAdvisor Member PhilWashingtonDC

This hotel, especially considering its comparatively reasonable room rates, has a lot to offer. On our first night of a 3 night stay in Oct., 2004, we were given one of several rooms on the first floor off of the lobby. The room had 12 foot ceilings and lots of space but early morning laundry noise caused us to ask for another room. Our request was cheerfully honored and the second room, like the first, was comfortable and clean with both a microwave and refridgerator. The easy in-and-out parking lot is fenced and adjacent to the hotel as is the Charles street streetcar line. The free breakfast was ok as was the first night free social. The hotel is short walk to the French quarter, the river, and the convention center. However I would use caution walking around the hotel neighborhood, as well as most of the rest of New Orleans, after dark. As to restaurants, there are plenty in the French quarter but not in the vicinity of the hotel.

clean and well kept

by TripAdvisor Member NYNJexpat

I was traveling cross country,and I had stayed at crappy Motel 6s, so this, for the same price, was a relief. It was clean and pleasant. The free cocktails and hors d'eurves and the breakfast were okay, but not anything to brag about. What mattered to me was a parking lot (I had all my worldly possessions in my car so the cute little French Quarter hotels were out of the question). This hotel had one right out front so I could see and get to my car easily. If you want to be waited on hand and foot you'll have to pay more than this hotel, but if all you want is clean, comfortable, and quiet, but near enough to the French Quarter to walk there then I would definitely recommend this place.

Very satisfied

I stayed at the Drury last August for a conference as I could not afford the official conference hotels (Fairmont, Sheraton, etc.). I could not have been more pleased - the room was clean and comfortable, free pop and microwave popcorn were provided in the room, and the breakfasts were substantial. Elegant lobby and staircase. The rooftop pool was not large, but it was wonderfully refreshing up there with the breeze after trudging around in 40 degree C temperatures all day. The location was also convenient - easy walk to the French Quarter, the other major hotels and to the streetcar lines. Fantastic value for money - I was suprised at just how nice it was.

Drury inn and suites new orleans

by marshallsanta

I have a few questions to ask about new orleans first time traveler.
My family and I just booked a room at the drury inn poydras street is this a safe area? and a nice hotel?
Are there any fresh fish markets in the area?
Best Mufalatta sandwiches in the area.

marshall

by sahel578

Thats in the warehouse district, which is a good, though relatively quiet area. Its a decent hotel as well. However, its a bit of a hike over to the French Quarter. I would suggest walking to the Quarter to explore, but planning on taking a cab back to the hotel, so you are not too worn out.

Central Grocery is the tourist hot spot for Muffalattas, but good ones can be had at Napoleon House as well. The French Market down on the other side of the Quarter, on Decatur, before Esplanade will have lots of fresh fish and produce.

by travelmad478

I stayed at the Drury two years ago for Jazzfest and liked it a lot. One word of caution--the room we booked was the cheapest suite, and while it was good-sized and comfortable, it had basically no windows. For me, this is actually a positive since I like to sleep with as much darkness and quiet as possible (plus, if you are in New Orleans, why would you want to be in your hotel room?) But it was a little odd. That said, the staff was great, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was a nice bonus. Location is fine, but yes, at night I would take a cab home if you are not in a group (that goes for pretty much anywhere in New Orleans).

by marshallsanta

Thanks to u and (sahel578) my husband and I feel a lot better about our trip to the area.

marshall

Riding AMTRAC

by bnewc

I am arriving in New Orleans by AMTRAC and have an overnight layover before taking AMTRAC to Los Angeles. I am lookng for a motel close to the AMTRAC station - within walking distance.

Re: Riding AMTRAC

by usatravels

Hello

The nearest two hotels within 15mins walk are St Charles Hotel & Drury Inn, both would set-you-back around $100 per night. You may wont to consider priceline.com, you wouldn't gaurantee to be within walking distance, but should secure a rate at around $40-$50 per night

St Charles Hotel

New Orleans, LA 70112

Best wishes

Re: Riding AMTRAC

by mccalpin

You're arriving at 7:33 p.m. and departing at 11:55 the next morning, right? The French Quarter is only a 10 minute (or less) taxi ride away - why don't you pick out a nice place in the the Quarter like the Prince Conti Hotel (http://www.princecontihotel.com/) and check in, walk around, stuff your face, walk back, then sleep in and still have plenty of time to get back to the station by taxi?

Bill

Bachelorette Party in November help me?

by southerndollie

I'm planning a bachelorette party for my sister in November. We've been to New Orleans a million times, but would like to make this a memorable experience for her. We're only staying the night, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Any and all will be appreciated :)

Re: Bachelorette Party in November help me?

by Lauren5020

I just visited New Orleans for a few days in August...stayed at the Drury Inn (short walk from the French Quarter - 5 minutes). I don't know what new things you should see, as you've been there many more times than me, BUT, the Drury was reasonably priced and they have very nice rooms, a GREAT free breakfast and free drinks and snacks in the evening. Worth looking into.

Re: Bachelorette Party in November help me?

by vcaulkins

Buy her a cheap veil and hang out a the clubs on Bourbon Street. Razoo's is a must. You should all get free drinks anywhere all night.

Comments