3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

541 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

FourPoints.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 60% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Some elegance surrounded by debauchery

I have stayed at the Ramada a few times, as well as some no-name places. Provided you can afford (or have the company pay) the $80 (off season) and up price, the Ramada is a perfect hotel in great location. Basically I think of it as some elegance surrounded by debauchery since its right on the middle blocks of Bourbon St.

The hotel is clean, quiet and the staff is very professional. The beds are quite comfortable and the security to keep the riff-raff out is very tight.

I first came here years ago when the Ramada was hosting some seminars, but have subsequently returned since I enjoy the location and the price is reasonable.

Unique Quality: Similar to all quality hotels, there is a restaurant, business center, pool, gym facilities.

Directions: On Bourbon St, adjacent to Razoo's

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

All that jazz

Somewhat expensive for a balcony room at this hotel but worth the experience for a night or two

Unique Quality: This hotel is not for you if you want a quiet early night especially if you have a room overlooking Bourbon St but the balcony is great if you have had enough of partying and simple want to watch the fun unfolding below your room

Directions: If you can't find Bourbon Street in New Orleans then there is not a lot of hope for you ! If arriving after sundown be prepared to find many roads closed for vehicles so you may end up carrying your bags the last few yards

• Very Good Location on Bourbon (bit noisy)

Good location, good rooms but very peculiar habits. let us say noisy habits
    Valet Parking starts messing arround with cars around 6:00 AM alarms go off waking everybody up sleeping on inner part of hotel.
    Vacuum cleaning of corridors after 10:00PM
    Don

More about Ramada Plaza Inn On Bourbon

Plain Awful

This hotel is plain awful. Never stay here during peak periods or special events, they have hitler at the front door harrasing people as they enter. Its not just asking for your room key and ID, its interrogation at its finest. I am single and met a gentleman at Pat O's, and I asked him up to my room for a cup of coffee and private conversation. Bottomline, they would not allow him to even enter the lobby with me. Can you imagine? I felt as though I was in Alcatraz or Angola, not in a a hotel that I was paying $249 a night to stay at. Do yourself a favor, lets make a statement by not staying here. Eventually they may actually care about their clients and treat us with more respect. I fully understand the need for security, but when you charge my credit card a nightly deposit of $50 a night, plus the room charges why can't I have an in-room guest? Attentive security personnel should be adequite in finding problems with guests and people that do not belong there. This was ridiculous. DO NOT STAY HERE... EVER!!! The rooms were musty and small and the Bourbon balconies are OK, but no action on this part of Bourbon Street. Stay at Royal Sonesta or one of the many bed and breakfast's on Bourbon, you'll be glad you did not stay here... trust me.

Security at its finest! I love it!

Enough with the complaints about the "tight security" and only "paying guests" are allowed in the rooms! I stayed at this hotel during Mardi Gras 2003 and we are going back again for Mardi Gras 2004. The way I look at it, I paid a lot of money for a balcony room on Bourbon Street and I want to make sure the people around me are paying guests too...not freeloaders or "new" friends for the night! As far as this part of Bourbon street being desolate...I guess that's an opinion because on Saturday night during Mardi Gras I couldn't even see the pavement, there were so many people. It was loads of fun "people watching" from our balcony in a prime location. As far as the hotel, yes, I can agree that the rooms are not huge, but they were appointed nicely. Of course you are paying out the ying yang for the hotel...look at the location! I found the staff to be polite and helpful. I got to know the doormen so I was never asked to show my hotel key, etc. No, the room was not ready when we got there but they allowed us to leave our bags in a room for later. I felt safe the whole time I was there...even with the throngs outside. Can't wait to go back!

A testament that location is not everything...

My wife and I stayed a tad at this hotel while visiting Louisiana and found the facilities very disappointing. I knew whe I booked "Ramada" that I was not in store for a "Ritz," but I figured since it was a Gold Key property (Ramada's best) that it would be considered around a 3-1/2 star property. Well was I dead wrong. The staff was rude. I got there and they said they were sold out, I showed where I had a room reserved through Hotels.com (who offered no assistance whatsoever), and they offered to move me to their sister property, Ramada Limited in METAIRIE, LA. Not acceptable. Long story short, I threw a fit and they gave me a broom-closet type room, very small, uncleaned and missing a TV. They did finally bring a TV up the next AFTERNOON, but all in all, it was very bad and I do not reccommend this hotel whatsoever. Stay a block or two off Bourbon, trust me, you will be glad you did!

Location great, Rooms just OK

by TripAdvisor Member Greenlawnsue

We stayed at the Ramada Inn on Bourbon for one night. One night is enough. The check in was easy, but the front desk staff just didn't seem to want to be there. I finally got a smile out of one of them before I finished my check in. The lobby is nice and very comfortable, which seems like a world away from right outside the door on Bourbon St. Our room on the other hand was a disappointment. I realize that we are paying for location, but the rooms are kind of worn and smelly. We had a balcony room over Bourbon St. and had a lot of fun at night. If you stay here, just remember that you are paying for location. Everyone should experience a balcony room at least once!

not as bad as most the reviews say

We stayed @ the in this past weekend during marti gras. Although we only satyed one night on sunday, it was so much fun. We went with 3 other couples, 2 of which go have been going for the past 3 years.
Theay saty @ the inn on bourbon each time. I was wouried before because i read some of the reviews. I was expecting hitler @ the door. THe staff was so friendly!!!! THe only bad thing was that we requested a room next to another couple and a bourbon balcony room. Well, our rooms were'nr next to each other. It turned out to be a good thing because we got a room with a much bigger balcoy then them. I had a blast throwing beads down to the passer byers who would just about do anything. We were a group age range form 19-30. i am deffentaly going next year and every year after!!! i will have more fun every year i go. THe club razoos next had mtv visiting. Per the valet guy, mtv was also staying in this hotel. GO stay @ the ramada on bourbon, you'll love it. If you managed a hotel on bourbon during marti gras would you let every one and any one up to the rooms to visit. i would'nt!

Perfect hotel for first timers in the Big Easy!

by TripAdvisor Member viajeelmundo

It was our first time in New Orleans and the Inn on Bourbon made our trip an unforgettable one. Location, location, location...this hotel is in the middle of everything making it soooo easy to walk everywhere within the French Quarter. I recommend a room with a balcony on bourbon for the full experience. With a balcony you will see and hear just about anything! The staff was extrememly helpful in directing us to the typical tourist sites as well as making nightly reservations to the best resturants in town. I do warn you that if you are interested in getting a quite night of rest, do not request a room facing bourbon, besides that I highly recommend this establishment.

Comments