Frenchmen Hotel

See Amenities
lcostello's Profile Photo

friendly-budget

by written on May 2, 2009

I stayed here once because there was a great deal through Bookit.com. I wanted to be in the Fauboug Marigny area which has a bohemian flair. It is on the outside edge of the French Quarter, a car is advisable. This property is very charming. The rooms are extremely small- cozy. They all open onto a small courtyard with a little pool. There is a homey breakfast area with a large dining table and coffee is always available. The staff and other guests are very friendly. Do not walk around at night alone. I would recommend this hotel if price is a main factor, you have a car and not looking for plush comforts.

Directions: on Frenchmen, just off Esplanade

Roseytheriveter's Profile Photo

Very nice hotel

by written on March 20, 2006

The service was good, the rooms were a bit small, but the courtyard was beautiful.

Unique Quality: This was an old courtyard type house in old town New Orleans...just blocks from the French Quarter. The casual feel of the Big Easy was apparent. The colors were very New Orleans, and the breakfast layout was delicious.

Directions: Very close to the French Quarter, very close to the Market.

pamstravels's Profile Photo

Welcoming Hotel

by written on May 16, 2005

This hotel offered everything we needed. Safe and comfortable. Just one block out of the French Quarter on Frenchmen Street. Close to the French Market, one block from the end of the Riverwalk Streetcar line as well. Our rooms were filled with antiques, very clean and comfortable. My room was painted an eggplant purple with a brick fireplace. My friends room had high ceilings and a bigger bathroom than mine, with a window over looking the courtyard.

The small pool and hot tub were most welcome after a long day of exploring New Orleans. The staff was accomodating and friendly. They offered great advise on restaurants and tours, which we followed. Our arrival and departure times were outside of the checkin and checkout times so they were gracious enough to hold our luggage in the office till our shuttle van arrived.

We enjoyed having breakfast in the dining room and meeting the other guests. Coffee, tea, orange juice, sweetbreads and converstation. No problem bringing my plate back to my room when I wanted either. When I come back to New Orleans I plan on staying here again. Reasonably priced and friendly service.

Unique Quality: To enter the hotel the front desk must buzz you in. We were two women traveling together and felt very secure staying here.

FLVanilla's Profile Photo

Lost trust with them...

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2005

My stay here was ok. The room was not as clean as it should have been. The carpet needed shampooing and the bathrooms needed to be updated. I left a family heirloom there, a pillow my grandmother gave me before she died. I called the hotel after I left and they promised me that they would send it to me, free of charge. I offered to pay them to send it to me anyway and they insisted that they would do it. Unfortunately they never sent the pillow. After a month, I arrived in New Orleans again and returned to the hotel to get the pillow and it was not there. They didn't even offer to make it up to me.. So there is that.

Unique Quality: free limited parking

• Suites
  • Swimming Pool
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Night Safety.
Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Garden District
Things to Do
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
Cemeteries
Cemeteries
Tours
Drinking
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
Cat's Meow