Garlands Guest House and Creole Cottages

1129 Rue St. Philip, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States

• I'LL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!

I've stayed at the Garlands three times (‘08, ‘09 and Feb ‘11). I loved my first 2 visits, but I will NEVER stay here again...which is really so sad because this place has so much potential.

Our party booked several rooms (more than half of the Garlands was booked by our party). We received terrible service. The toilet in one of the rooms did not flush so we informed Janna about it. She sent her boyfriend in to fix it, he couldn't so she informed us that "these things happen with old houses". Of course they do, but I expected her to get it fixed! The guests in that cottage had to come over to my cottage to use the toilet for several days! Also, the air conditioner leaked causing an entire suitcase of clothing to get soaked. Janna was informed about it but, she offered to do nothing about it. (And of course she did not get the air conditioner fixed!)
    The housekeeping service was incredibility lax. There were no towels provided several days of our one week stay. I asked Janna for a bath towel at breakfast and she informed me that they were in the wash - what b&b doesn't have a full supply of towels?!?!? I never did get a clean bath towel that day.

There were only 3 gate openers/remotes that were kept on a table in the courtyard. We had to open the gate with the remote, drive out of the gate, close the gate, run back into the courtyard through the door and replace the remote. This was ridiculous, but we managed until the remotes were not placed back on the table in the courtyard....Janna had them in the house and the house was locked!!!! By the time Janna finally opened the house for us to retrieve the remote, we were late for an appointment!

Breakfast was a joke the garlands advertises a "full gourmet breakfast". We got nothing of the sort!!!! What we had was a continental breakfast - AT BEST!!!!! Example of a morning's breakfast: muffin and yogurt. Another breakfast: ONE pancake!!!! Another: A biscuit and jelly. If you're going to advertise a FULL breakfast, then I expect a full breakfast. If you have no intentions of providing a full breakfast, well, then please don't put that in your advertisement!

Honestly, it saddens me to write such a horrible review. This place is beautiful and has so much potential. If it were run by another manager, I would consider returning. But as long as Janna is there, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I will NEVER be back!

Unique Quality: It is a beautiful place with so much potential.

Directions: Treme.

• I'LL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!

Unique Quality: It is a beautiful place that if run correctly, could be a fabulous b&b!

Directions: Treme area....across from Louis Armstrong Park. Area is dicey, but okay if you take precautions.

Comments