HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade New Orleans

HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade
Hotels.com Booking.com TheHotels.com

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

HH Whitney House

Rooms range from $75 to $375 per night, depending on what you're looking for. The room we had was $80 per night and included a HUGE deliciously homemade breakfast. Also, each room has its theme: the bride's room, the groom's room, the Scarlett O'Hara room, the servant's room, etc... A definite Southern experience!

Unique Quality: The house is very charming and the hosts very friendly and helpful. You meet all the other guests during breakfast and can get very good ideas and tips from them.

Directions: 1923 Esplanade Avenue. Located 8 blocks from the French quarter, which you can walk during the daytime, however, at night, it is not recommended to so it's better to cab it.

More about HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade New Orleans

HH Whitney...Like coming home

by TripAdvisor Member echiss

The HH Whitney House is one of the most special experiences one can have as a traveler. The house itself has a historic charm that immediately transports you to a simpler more relaxed time. The hosts, Glen and Randy, both match the charm of the house and welcome you more as family than guests. They are a wealth of local info and history. The breakfast alone is worth the trip. There simply is no better place to stay in New Orleans if pleasure, comfort and convenience is what you seek. We have been visiting New Orleans for over ten years and love the city. Honestly, we have enjoyed the city so much more since we found the Whitney House and would not think of staying anywhere else. Try it. You will quickly understand why we feel like we have arrived "at home" in New Orleans at the HH Whitney House.

Came back for more!

by TripAdvisor Member skydive108

Our second time here, we could not resist the hospitality and breakfast of the owners, Glen and Randy. The old house is weathered on the outside but GORGEOUS on the inside, full of character! Glen pays special attention to detail and is so personable! The ambiance terrific. Most of the rooms have their own bathroom designated, great feel/decor of an old home. A nice walk under I10 to the French Quarter, or short taxi ride. Some great little restaurants near by. Glen will give you a map and highlight some wonderful areas and give you plenty of tips and ideas!! He was very good with another couple staying there who were more concerned about being in a big city, terrific PR!! Loved HH Whitney, will be back next time we go through NOLA!!!

Superb Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member badassnissan

This was the first time that I had stayed at a B&B and I must say that it was fantastic. The accomodations were top notch, the food was wonderful and Glen and Randy were a pleasure to hang out with. I really enjoyed the pool. After a long and hot summer day, it was relaxing to spend a few hours in the pool. My wife and I had such a good time, that we are going back next April for the French Quarter Festival. If you're looking for a 5 star bed and breakfast, HH Whitney House is the place.

Wonderful Stay at HH Whitney House

by TripAdvisor Member RiverRhodes

Management was very helpful - great advice for our visit to the French Quarter and very hospitable. My wife and I enjoyed walking the sidewalks of Esplanade in the morning. Breakfast was superb, and all details carefully thought out. The HH Witney House is a jewel on Esplanade.

Best B & B in the City

by TripAdvisor Member CandR74

My wife and I are New Orleans natives and frequently visit the city. It's important for us to stay in a place that not only is conveniently located to the heart of downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter, but also offers the charm and hospitality that make New Orleans such a special place. The HH Whitney House on Esplanade satisfies that criteria perfectly. The accomodations are great and the food and hospitaltiy provided by the proprietors (Glenn and Randy) are second to none. We have stayed in numerous hotels and B & B's over the years, but since 1998 we have stayed exclusively at The HH Whitney when visiting "The Big Easy "and we have never been disappointed. The host are well versed on what's going on in the city and always have great recommendations for places to eat. The location is perfect for a quick ride to the French Quarter, the Jazz and Heritage festival and Mardi Gras. You won't be disapointed

R & C

The BEST B&B

by TripAdvisor Member mazieCarriere

Our stay at the H.H. Whitney House is absolutely the best experience we have ever at a B&B. We have stayed at several in all parts of the country & due to the hosts and the accomodations we enjoyed this one the most. The home is beautifully & tastefully decorated & the hospitality of the hosts is untouchable by any other B&B. It is conveniently located close to the French Quarter, yet far enough away that you can go back to the B&B to enjoy the gorgeous backyard with pool without being in the hustle & bustle of the Quarter. There is no doubt in our minds that we will return & also recommend the Whitney House to all of our friends who plan a visit to the wonderful city of New Orleans.

Perfect Spot

by TripAdvisor Member spatial_ecology

My fiancee and I spent a wonderful four days at HH Whitney House. The owners are wonderful people, eager to make your stay more comfortable, knowledgeable about New Orleans, and willing to go that extra step to make your visit everything you want. We even got a personal 3 hour tour of the hurricane-devastated areas. The rooms were comfortable, the pool cold, and the hot tub hot. The location is nice - not too close the the French Quarter so that you have to listen to the crowds, but close enough that you can walk the pleasant Esplanade route in 15 minutes or take a taxi for $5. I recommend the B&B highly and will stay there again the next time I travel to New Orleans.

Breathtaking

by TripAdvisor Member nursered

My family & I stayed at The HH Whitney House for 2 nights during VooDoo Fest. It was a wonderful experience!!!! The house is beautiful. Glen met us outside when we drove up & was always very cordial & helpful. My children especially enjoyed the hot tub. It's in a great central location. The decor & all-around atmosphere are breathtaking. I would definitely stay here again!

what a great place...

by TripAdvisor Member bekah1210

booking a place to stay sight unseen is certainly a leap of faith.
all fears were put to rest as soon as we arrived. ( Late , I may add, however ,we were cheerfully welcomed.) The inn is brimming with beautiful antiques and the bedrooms are very homelike and comforting. The breakfasts were yummy and started our day on the right foot. The location was central for everything we wanted to do. Most importantly our hosts were wonderful. Offering advice and information with humor and wit, that we would have never gotten at a regular hotel. They made our stay unforgetable, as well as giving us an appreciation for the warmth and hospitality that all B&B owners should strive for.

Comments