Hampton Inn New Orleans-Dtwn French Qtr Area

226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hampton Inn New Orleans-Dtwn French Qtr Area

Will Stay Here Again!

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler X

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Downtown Hampton Inn during the last weekend of Jazz Fest only after pouring over all the reviews on Trip Advisor for all the hotels in NOLA. We were not disappointed. One of our main concerns is noise (in and outdoors) and the Hampton Inn is very quiet. At the same time, we wanted a hotel close to the Quarter for convenience. The Hampton Inn hit the mark there as well, as it is located only two blocks away from Bourbon Street. As stated in other reveiws, our room was exceptionally large with a high ceiling making it seem even more spacious. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept on and the room was clean throughout. The hotel staff was friendly without exception. Add to all the above a wonderful free breakfast with hot items and a weeknight manager's reception with free beer/wine and snacks and you've got a winner! We are already planning to come back for next year's Jazz Fest and will be staying here again.

Would stay here again

My husband & I just got back and what a wonderful time we had! I would stay at the Hampton again. First it is a nice clean hotel with a beautiful lobby - staff was wonderful. I booked a whirlpool room and got a huge corner room with 4 big windows and the biggest bed we have had in a long time. The free beer and wine Sun - Thur was great! We had a few before going out for the night. That saved some money along with the free breakfast . The only drawback (and I knew it before booking my room) is the lack of a hotel lounge. We like to have a glass of wine before going to our room so we just bought a bottle and opened it in our room.

Great location, basic room

The room at the Hampton Inn was clean and large, but rather dark. Also, be aware that there is no room service, no refrigerator in the room and no in room movies. This probably won't matter to most people, however, I was traveling alone and would have liked to order room service and a movie at night. On the plus side, there is a nice free breakfast in the morning and a manager reception in the evening on the weekends. The location--close to the French Quarter--is great. If your interested in just a basic room, no perks, then this is a great place to stay.

Great location, would stay here again.

We stayed here for 3 nights in June and found the Hampton Inn staff very professional and helpful. The room was spacious and well maintained. It is within walking distance of most things tourists like to see--Canal Street, Bourbon Street, French Market, etc. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet which is very good. Also, weekday evenings between 5 and 7, there is complimentary beer, wine and some type of snack or soup. There was no refrigerator in the room and no room service. Overall, a great place for the reasonable rates and location.

Great place to stay

We stayed here Aug 1-3.We arrived off the cruise ship at 10:30 am and had no trouble getting our room right away.The room had lots of space. And a comfy king size bed. The breakfast was good, with fresh fruit salad, fresh fruit , at least two hot items, plus cerel, muffins, juice etc. You are within walking distance of everything(some things are a good walk), but you can also catch the trolly outside the door. There is no place to eat in the hotel, but lots close by. Overall it is a great price 99.00 per night plus free breakfast and on certain nights a managers party with free drinks and wine and a variety of snacks. You can't go wrong here.

A great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HibTraveller

The Hampton Inn, Carondalet street is one of the best hotels I've stayed in anywhere.

I booked a room with a whirlpool bath and when I walked in, it was more like a suite - it was a massive corner room with 4 double windows! It felt like I should have being paying a multiple of the $125 rate that I got it for. The room had a very high ceiling and was very nicely furnished. The whirlpool bath was great too. Also included was a complimentary buffet breakfast, newspaper, room safe and even free wireless internet access. On weekday evenings they even supplied free beers and wines in the same area that breakfast was served.

The location was perfect too, being a block away from Bourbon street and the French quarter.

All in all, this hotel is highly recommended.

Beautiful Hotel with a Friendly Staff

After a horrible experience at another hotel we moved into this one on day 2 of our trip. The room was wonderful. The beds were so soft and comfortable and they served a wonderful breakfast every morning, which was one less hassle that we had to worry about. I think our stay at New Orleans was heigtened by this Hotel. They even book a swamp tour for us and found coupons for it. In conclusion I really had to complaints about this hotel and would gladly stay there next time I go to new orleans

great value

by TripAdvisor Member Muncie_IN_JohnB

good location, HUGE room,free brakfast & cocktail hour. 2 1/2 blocks to the french qutr. 'king study' is a very large room - had a great view from the 12th floor. can't beat the price for what you get.

Great hotel in the Big Easy

by TripAdvisor Member Saintev929

Stayed here for 3 nights in Mid October. Can't beat the location, great breakfast and extremely friendly staff. Good size room by New Orleans standards. Trolley stop right outside the door. Our new preferred place to stay in N'awlins.

Comments