2 Poydras St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70140, United States

Orbitz.com amextravel.com Booking.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Jillweinlein's Profile Photo

Great Views of the River and Mardi Gras

I like the location of the Hilton Riverside located on the banks of the Mississippi River. It's within blocks and walking distance to the French Quarter, Canal Street, Harrah's Casino, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Insectarium, and Riverwalk Marketplace.

The 1,622 rooms and suites aren't fancy, yet comfortable with many offering great city and river views. Inside the Hilton is a well known New Orleans restaurant, Drago’s Seafood.

The Health Club by Hilton features a fitness center and two outdoor swimming pools. The Hilton is a 100% non smoking hotel.

Unique Quality: The location is ideal for exploring New Orleans. It's also near parade routes during Mardi Gras. There are two outdoor pools, nothing fancy, but will cool you down in the summer. The onsite restaurant Drago's Seafood is known for its creative and fresh cuisine.

Directions: Along the Mississippi River and near the Cruise Terminal. Across the street from the Harrah's Casino.

• BellaMora's Profile Photo

Riverwalk Marketplace Hilton

I was here for yet another convention and this was an experience. The actual room was decent. However there were many issues inside it. I was on the Riverside Building end in the French Quarter side next to Kabby's Sports Grille. I had a water leak in the second sink in the bathroom. Maintenance fixed the leak and left a mess that housekeeping couldnt seem to sweep up. The water smelled awful when brushing your teeth and washing your face. I had gnat-like things flying around the room. I killed at least 5 of them during my stay. Housekeeping was lazy. She didnt vacuum, wouldnt replace coffee, sugar, tops, or cups. She didnt even report the leak so Im not sure how throughly she cleaned the bathroom. They did change the sheets everyday which was good. Some of my colleagues stated they had ants in their beds so they had to have their rooms fumigated. I purchased a bottle of 409 at the corner store off Convention Center Blvd and cleaned my sinks, toilet, and shower myself.

I wouldnt recommend this hotel unless you got stuck up sh*ts creek without a paddle. And that is a reality because the Mississippi River is directly behind it. I wouldnt pay higher than $70 a night because it was such a disgrace to the Hilton quality you normally get. This room ran for $119 a night.

Unique Quality: Ive never been to a hotel that had a train that ran through the middle of it. I could have gotten used to the train if it wasnt for the horn they blew every time they passed. at all hours of the day and night. And of course my room was right on top of the train station. It was horrible. The river view side was nice when the tugboats weren't blowing their horns at all hours of the night.

Directions: Directly across from Harrahs Casino at Poydras and Convention Center Blvd and right in front of the Riverwalk Marketplace.

• Stargazer1's Profile Photo

Convenient to French Quarter, Convention Center

I had good service, even though they were booked for our convention in Oct. 2006. Amenities were good, standard for Hiltons. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to people. It's also across the street from the casino (that may or may not be a good thing, depending on your outlook).

Unique Quality: About as close to the convention center as you can get. You can hop on the trolley just outside the hotel. It's also close to the Aquarium, and walking distance to Bourbon and Canal Streets and the French Quarter. Good bar for conversation.

Directions: Next to the Convention Center

• wayne0k's Profile Photo

Great location for conventions

Not much to look at from the outside, and the inside is pretty standard fare as far as giant hotels go, but service from everyone on the staff was excellent. When I made reservations via telephone, I requested a room with a river view and a refrigerator and when I arrived I found exactly what I asked for. I found the concierge staff to be very knowledgeable and accommodating of my requests. My room was always cleaned and I never found reason to feel insecure about leaving valuables behind. Even with the hotel filled with tourists and conventioneers, the only time I was awakened by something outside of my room was one early morning freight train that passed by far below my window.
    The immediate neighborhood where the hotel sits was clean and well trafficked and no matter what time of day or night seemed pretty safe... for a big city. The general location was great, with less than a five-minute walk to the Convention Center, the Business District, the French Quarter and the Aquarium. The River Line Trolley stopped just outside and we were only a few blocks walk from the St. Charles Street Trolley line. An added plus was an enclosed walkway that joined the hotel to the Riverwalk shopping mall. This came in handy during the heavy afternoon rain showers.

Directions: Adjacent to the Riverwalk Shopping Mall and Convention Center

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

On The Waterfront

I have not stayed in this hotel - two of the tour group were dropped off here. The hotel appears to have a large curbside area because the bus drove a long way - past doormen etc - before they actually stopped to let people off. Even though the hotel is near the river, apparently the not all of the rooms overlook the river. It is not in the French Quarter

The best rate for the middle of December for a double (before taxes) is $109/night. But the AAA (who rates it as a 3 diamond large scale hotel) has doubles all year as being $229-439.

Harrah's Casino is across the street. Harrahs may put up guests at this hotel at present, but I believe they are now building their own hotel.

Note: parking is $22/night extra

Unique Quality: Classic rooms or standard rooms (from their website)
    are oversized guestrooms in French provincial style featuring views of our numerous courtyards. The room includes a king or two double beds, work desk, phones with two lines, voice messaging, Wi-Fi, data port, speakerphone, color TV with cable, LodgeNet pay movies, Internet browsing and video games, iron and ironing board, coffee maker with first pot of regular and first pot of decaf each day on a complimentary basis, hair dryer, alarm clock/radio, automated wake-up call, and individually controlled digital A/C ad heat thermostat.

You can also have a treadmill in your own room if you desire.

Directions: From West/ Follow Interstate-10 to Downtown/East/Slidell, exiting at Poydras St. Off-ramp becomes Poydras St., following Poydras south to its end at the hotel's front circle drive entrance

• riverside views stunning

once again a too big hotel with too many crossbridges, different lobbys and the decor of the rooms is typical for it's class size and time. But the location close to the French Quarter and the main shopping arcades (actually connected to one) is ideal and from the riverside rooms you get a stunning view on the river, riverboats and visiting cruiseships outside your window. On really misty days you get all the fog-horns instead.
    Beware Mardi Gras, when parades cut off hotel from outside transportation.

• Great location

Short stay in NOLA, compliments of Harrahs. The proximity of many attractions makes the Hilton are very convenient hotel.

Would recommend this hotel; clean, comfortable and convenient.

Unique Quality: The hotel has direct access to the Riverside shops for quick shopping and dining.

Directions: Take Canal St. to the river.

More about Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Stay at the Hilton New Orleans...

by EuropeBound

Stay at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside..it's a little ways from the French Quarter, but the the view of the Mississippi is incredible!
$175- $200 USD Has neat little shops, different types of bars and restaurants located within it.

hilton riverside run away to embassy suites

the hilton riverside was terrible. They should be ashamed to put Hilton on their hotel. The bathrooms were gross, hair mold, the grout in the tiles need to be redone. The wall are paper thin for noise control. The staff did not seem to care, but they want your money as they type away on their omputers. I left after 2 days and stayed at the embassy suites which I highly recommend. The pictures look great and the location is what they sell, but do not be fooled.

Great hotel, great location!

We were at the Hilton Riverside for 6 nights the last week in August. We had a fabulous time. The staff was professional. The Concierge Desk staffs were extremely helpful in booking the various tours around town and in suggesting great places to eat, especially Lobster. The room was large and clean much different from those hotels in the French quarter, many of which looked cramped and dirty. We had a marvelous view from our room and the location of the Hilton riverside is perfect. Its much like the center of a wheel in terms of getting to all the choice locations, The French Quarter, etc. By buying tickets at the Concierge desk, you can be picked up at the hotel and start your tours whether its to plantations or Bayou boat trips through crocodile infested waters. We spent every night in the French Quarter dining at different restaurants. You can take the trolley behind the hotel to the French Quarter or walk, its that close, to Jackson Square and the French Market. The trolley can be picked up outside of the Hilton and then drop you off right behind the Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter for its famous powdered sugar Beignets and Chicory flavored Coffee. Many nights after dinner, we would wind our way through the streets of the French Quarter to the Cafe Du Monde to have late night Beignets and Coffee. We chanced upon a Mardi Gras style festival in the French Quarter called the Southern Decadence Festival which occurs the last weekend of August into September. Its an end of summer blowout and very wild. Just to the side of the Hilton Riverside is NOLAs World Trade Center. Though disconcerting to me at first, I am a New Yorker, I found they have a late night bar/nightclub at the top with a breathtaking view of the city and river. This was our first visit to NOLA, just the two of us. It is definitely a town with a hopping nightlife. The Hilton is without a doubt the best place to stay for location, location, and location.We would recommend it to anyone!

accom

by tankgirl

Can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced (I know – what does that mean) place to stay in New Orleans? Needs to be central. Would like somewhere memorable.

by John_P_LSU

Doubletree or Whyndam on Canal St. Not too "memorable" but nice and affordable.

Re: Memorable

by BluecatCanoe

There are so many little out of the way Guest Houses in New Orleans I would be wrong to suggest just one. Each has character the Hotels never have, we also have small little hotels now in some unusal old buildings many would be memorable. I suggest looking for a Guest House and calling the owner and speak to them first hand about why their place is a memorable place to saty in New Orleans.

by Helga67

What about Chateau hotel? Have a look in my New Orleans page for more info.

by artspicer

the Hilton New Orleans Riverside...or the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks down

by carlo123