Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne French Quarter

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne
IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

A decent hotel with a great location

We spent three nights at the Chateau Lemoyne durig our most recent visit to New Orleans. It is a Holiday Inn, so it is not particularly luxurious. However, it had what we needed for our stay - a decent clean room with a safe, iron/ironing board, cable TV, and a great location at a reasonable price. It is located on Dauphine Street, a quiet street that is one block from the bars of Bourbon Street. As a result, it has the perfect combination of a quiet room with only a 2-minute walk to Bourbon Street's nightlife. In the center of the hotel is a courtyard with a nice little swimming pool; however, it was too cold to swim while we were there.

One thing that we liked about the hotel compard tother large chain hotels in the area is its manageable size. It is only 5 floors high, so you don't have to wait forever for elevators or deal with long check-in lines.

The staff was friendly. The security guard at the front door even gave us a great recommendation for a casual dinner one night.

[photos to come]

Directions: On block from Bourbon Street, between Conti and Bienville Streets

• Creole Cottage Not a "Cottage", But Just Fine

First and foremost, the Chateau Lemoyne's "Creole Cottages" are not cottages. You'd expect a "stand alone" structure (i.e., a cottage.) A CC is, instead, two, rustic, but just fine, narrow, long rooms (left & right) with the back wall being original brick, old, beamed ceilings, with an adequate bathroom in the middle separating the two rooms: a bedroom on the right, and a sitting room on the left (of the bathroom.) The rooms were comfortable, but not plush, a little dated, but I suppose charming. That said, they were fine. We reported one of two noisy A/C units on our check-out, and I'm confident management will attend to that issue. The location was great for the FQ, Bourbon Street, the St Charles Streetcar, Harrah's Casino, and everywhere we wanted to go. Daily parking fee of $34 or so was expensive. Each member of our foursome (each couple in a CC) were all 60 years or 60+, so were not interested in partying into the late hours or trying to close Bourbon Street, more like sightseers who enjoyed "cocktail hour" in our room pre-dinner. Room had small refrigerator, two TV's, phone, small coffeemaker. I'd give the CC an 8 on a 1-10 scale.

Unique Quality: Everyone in the hotel we encountered was very friendly, accommodating and helpful to us. Location, location, location were ideal in this hotel. If we would not choose it again, it would only be because we'd like to experience another NOLA hotel and location.

Directions: One block north of Bourbon Street. Good location.

• A dump from the 70's

I've traveled to New Orleans hundreds of times and must say the hotel is the dump of all dumps. Stinky, skanky, smokey rooms are the norm with lazy uninterested reservationists. Parking is 38 dollars per night and they don't even have their own parking facilities. This place is truly a crappy place that will leave you coughing and wheezing upon arrival

Unique Quality: There is nothing outstanding about this dump. Maybe the faux brick wall used as a headboard.

Directions: One block off Bourbon. Right in the heart of the most crime infested area of the quarter.

• yankeepeddler's Profile Photo

Party it Up or Rest and Relax

Chateau LeMoyne is a great place to enjoy the French Quarter or just hang out for a little R+R by its spectacular pool. It is located just 3 blocks from Canal Street, which gives you easy access to the street cars (don't call them "trollies!") Daupine Street is one street up from the famed Bourbon Street and a nice walk to anywhere in the French Quarter. The hotel's center piece is its pool. Located in the courtyard, it is surrounded by palm trees, plenty of tables and chairs and a large awning to protect you from the mid day sun. There is also a very private courtyard located to the rear of the hotel, complete with palm trees and countains - I used it all weekend long and never say another soul. If you are a non-smoker,be sure call ahead. Parking in the FQ is expensive and street parking is limited. If your plans are only to visit downtown New Orleans, I suggest taking the bus - see my other post. You can walk to anywhere in the French Quarter or take the street cars to any of the other tourist areas such as the Garden District.

Unique Quality: Be sure to bring you bathing suit ! I searched high and low for one and came up empty - odd for a place that's so hot. Bourbon Street is the next street over, for better or worse. If you like to party, its for the better. Otherwise, it is crowded and "fragrant." But once you hit Dauphine Street, the noise and crowds drop right off. Bars and restaurants abound - you can't go half a block without hitting one.

By the way, I booked this hotel using Priceline.com Name Your Own Price. I got an awesome price. Check it out - you'll need the extra cash to cover your food bill.

Directions: 3 blocks off of Canal - 1 block up from Bourbon

• doug48's Profile Photo

french quarter

the chateau le moyne is an excellent value in the french quarter. a great place to stay for the business traveler or the tourist on a budget. the chateau le moyne is owned by holiday inns and you can expect all of the amenities of this moderately priced chain.

Directions: french quarter.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

French Quarter Chateau LeMoyne-A Holiday Inn Hotel

I enjoyed my time in the Chateau LeMoyne. We had just spent a night at the Soniat House so I didn't think I would enjoy it. I figured it would be like eating McDonald's after a wonderful dinner at the best steakhouse in town. However, I spent a lot more time in this hotel. We were so beat from our morning shopping/touring activities we watched a movie on cable, ordered pizza, and got ready for a night on Bourbon St.

It is one street away from the GOOD part of Bourbon St. so if you're planning on getting trashed this is a great place to stay! (Trust me on that one haha).

I saw a lot of kids here as well. There is a pool in the courtyard and many families were taking part of those fun activities.

After I had my hurricanes, grenades and flashing festivities I stammered back and spent all night on the balcony of our room even getting more beads there. What can I say? I was 23 at the time! Oh, which reminds me...

They have security all night which was very comforting! How do I know? There were guys on the street we were yelling back and forth at and the security told them to move on haha. That and I was pouring alcohol down on the street and got in trouble from him...But I went down, apologized, flirted with him and everything was fine :)

One of those trips you just need to take in your youth.....

Unique Quality: Great for families. Loved the price and the balcony!

Directions: You can see the business district a few blocks away but right beside Bourbon St!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

One Block from Bourbon Street

I have not stayed in this hotel. I took the photo while we were walking around the French Quarter on our first evening, and I was not even aware that it was a hotel until I went to look up the Cafe Bienville which is part of it.

The AAA gives it three approval diamonds (small scale hotel) and a double is between $109 and $329/night, depending on the season

Unique Quality: valet parking and heated outdoor pool.

Directions: From I-10 west, take exit 235A, Orleans Ave/Vieux Carre. Continue off exit ramp onto Orleans Ave. which veers and becomes Basin St. Turn left onto Conti St. Go three blocks and turn right on Dauphin.

• LolaSanFrancisco's Profile Photo

The scene of my first crime....

This hotel was the scene of my first crime: My first time in New Orleans. My pal got to the hotel first and was checked in. She was given a small room for us to share with no view, no nada. She calmly explained to the front desk: “I’m sorry, but when my friend checks in here your going to be very sorry. You see this just wont do; we will need the works for her so what do you have? We were upgraded to the large room with a balcony that looked out to see a hint of Bourbon Street.

The hotel was very swanky mind you, decked out like a over the top bed and breakfast. Everything matched this kind of French yellow pattern.

The courtyard was splendid, shaded always by the building. A huge pool was there to take the heat off ya. They had a tiny tiny tiny bar, nothing to write home about; in fact I don’t even think I had a drink in there.

And I never ever made it to breakfast; I can’t even tell you if it’s included in the price. But the location was right smack dab in the Quarter. I have to say, that in the hot morning you can SMELL Bourbon street barf from the night before. Nasty, but that the quarter, right?

Here is a description from their web site:

Unique Quality: Named after Jean Baptiste LeMoyne, the Chateau Le Moyne displays an exquisite work of historical architecture while providing modern convenience during your stay in the New Orleans French Quarter.

The Chateau LeMoyne has every amenity from a heated swimming pool to room service. Guests can relax in our comfortable lounge, enjoy a live New Orleans jazz combo on weekends, or enjoy romantic courtyard dining with Sclafani's tantalizing Creole Italian dishes.

Directions: One block from the world famous Bourbon St.

More about Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne French Quarter

Very nice hotel

I am a Travel Agent and I have stayed at lot of hotel around the world.
I find the Holiday Inn New Orleans -Chateau lemoyne very nice and charming. Everything is within walking distance of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful..in choosing tours ect...the hotel rooms are small and the beds are like a full double bed..Love the down bedding...
I would stay at this hotel again..

outstanding price location awesome!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cindyrey

We arrived in NO for a two day holiday and we were greeted with a very warm welcome at CHATEAU LEMOYNE. The front desk upgraded us to a suite because it hadn't been booked. They had a free cocktail reception in the lounge. Our room was beautiful, everything was clean. We had a balcony over the courtyard. Netya at the front desk was soooo sweet. we will stay here everytime we visit!!!!!!!! The location is the best!!!!!

Not Even If Free

by TripAdvisor Member cajunyank

We were the groom's parents at a wedding at the Chateau LeMoyne and had made reservations months ahead for ourselves and my wife's elderly mother and relatives from out of town. We had requested two connecting rooms each with two double beds and what we were greeted with were two rooms far apart and with King beds. We had no apologies from the staff and received no assistance. My wife and mother in law had to share a double room with relatives, other relatives we gave one of the Kings to, and I shared a room with my sister. I used a very uncomfortable rollaway bed and they had the gall to charge an extra $25 for. They had checked with the manager and the charge stayed. The staff definitely had an attitude. And the supposed discounted rooms for the wedding party were never discounted as initially I had checked on their site on the internet and found we were charged just as if we booked from anywhere. The air conditioning system did not work properly in any of the three rooms we were in. I wrote a letter to the General Manager detailing our experiences and 7 weeks later of course not even the courtesy of a response. I have stayed in 16 properties in the French Quarter and this by far is the worst. I would not stay there for a free room-I'd rather sleep curled up next to a Lucky Dog stand.

Cheaper Alternative to Bourbon!

by TripAdvisor Member missnola

My husband and I stayed at the LeMoyne after my first choice of Hotel Provincial wasn't available. We had stayed at the LeMoyne's "sister" hotel Holiday Inn French Quarter on Iberville about 4 years ago with accumulated hotel points. The H.I. FQ was a typical Holiday Inn, mostly clean, average staff, good location. I did not want to stay there again, I wanted somewhere nicer. I thought that LeMoyne was the answer, to a certain degree it was. I do have to say, the front desk recept Eriska was awesome. After we checked into our "deluxe" King Room, and found it to be a very nice room, but claustrophobically mini-me sized, she switched us over to a much bigger, less deluxe double bed balcony room. Eriska was very accomodating checking into other suites and rooms for us at 10pm at night, she was a treat to talk with. The lobby is luxurious, generally the rooms are not. But face it you're not in NOLA for the rooms. Our room was tidy and clean but worn in a not so New Orleans way. A huge hole in the ceiling to prohibit our balcony door from locking, toilet paper holder falling out of the wall eveytime you reached for the roll, and the internet access was not working. The bathroom had some minor flaws like hairs of unknown origin, not many mind you just enough to make you looking the whole bathroom for more. Shower was good and hot and powerful. Housekeeping was a little stingy on room supplies, so definitely ask for towels! The hotel's location was a giant plus, a block from Bourbon, 3 from Canal. Valet parking was a plus( the secure lot was across from the hotel), but you can also valet park 1 block down for $6 less a night. Our balcony room overlooked Bienville, and was great except for Friday nite, when all the freaks in their boom boom cars cruised by until about 5am. If i would ever stay here again, I'd ask for an interior facing room/balcony. I have stayed at nicer hotels in FQ for the same amount of $$. This hotel was adequate, and I would stay here again for the free hotel point nights, or if my favorite hotel was booked. I hope this helps, any questions, please ask me!

Comments