330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States

Priceline.com IHG Booking.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Well Kept Secret

The previous poster had a great pic of the amazing 5-story painted mural of the clarinet that is made to look 3-d and very real with its use of shading & painted shadows. The poster admitted they had not stayed there however...

I have, so I hope their pic can be used with my review to give you the best of both?

We were delighted to find that these amazing "trick" murals and paintings were EVERYWHERE throughout the place! When we pulled into the parking/lobby area inside the ground floor area of the hotel from off the street, our eyes had to adjust to the darkness, which made the shops and people we saw momentarily look real. We were delighted to see this was all a life-sized mural depicting an entire real city block in action, lol! Many more are scattered throughout the hotel interior.

Now, it is an older hotel and the rooms average - not the best or the worst, but comfortable.
    The staff is above average with a "you are family" feel. We really enjoyed the entertaining bartending staff & their generous cocktails. The food was good as well.

Best of all, unless it's changed, they were the ONLY hotel that advertised an hourly shuttle service to & from all the great locations of interest in the area, and free too! That is what we had searched for and this is the only one we found via google, etc.

BTW, Their room rates are low to mid-range. Our room overlooked a small block sized city park of green grass and trees hidden in the heart of the city. We will return!

Unique Quality: See above

Directions: Downtown,

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

I have not stayed at this hotel, but I took a picture from the tour bus of the big clarinet on the side of the building. I thought it was a model, like the guitars that are on the Hard Rock Cafes, but I think it is really a mural.

The hotel is billed as being close to both the convention center and the French Quarter. The AAA (which gives it a three red diamond approval rating) calls it the Holiday Inn Downtown-Superdome.

The information below is from their website.

Unique Quality: Hotel Features

* PC
    * Printer

Parking Information
    * Number of Parking Spaces: 425
    * Daily Parking Fee: $15.00 (USD)

Downtown Information
    * Complimentary Area Shuttle within 3.0 MI radius of the hotel.

More about Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome

What a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member SDCMaryland

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome the weekend of Dec. 29th through Jan. 1st and were simply amazed. I've paid much more for a hotel and haven't been as comfortable as the staff made me feel during my stay. We had a room on the 15th floor which had brand new carpet and updated furnishings in the lobby. The room we stayed in was exceptionally clean. Many of the reviews for this hotel, although rated high, described the hotel as being merely "pleasant" and I have to say that this is exactly how you feel while being there, extremely pleased. It is a tremendous bargain. They even had a continental breakfast and evening appetizers. The shuttle runs pretty much continuously throughout the day and will pick you up within minutes of calling them. My traveling companion became ill during our stay and the concierge arranged for someone to bring us hot chicken soup to our room (without being asked) because they didn't serve it in the restaurant. I will return to this hotel when in New Orleans!

Hotel Restaurant

by grandmaR about Cafe Bienville

Wandering in the French Quarter I took this picture. I thought it looked interesting but it turned out to be the restaurant for the Holiday Inn New Orleans Hotel Chateau Lemoyne

I have not eaten here.

Don't be fooled, this hotel sucks

Well, I had several problems at The Holiday Inn Super Dome Downtown, the first of many was there ants in the bathroom, the carpet had several red stains on it, the sink stopper broke, the light in the bathroom blow out, some of linen appeared dirty, I tried to get on the internet and couldn't , the phone had alot of static in the line and repairman stated that was "good". The hotel tried to overchange for telephone use , But they caught their mistake, Thank Goodness and last but least roomservice was poor and the food was awful.

P.S. I stay have at one of the other Holiday Inn in New Orleans, and The Holiday Inn Super Dome Downtown is very poor in comparison.

Would have stayed somewhere else if I could have

by TripAdvisor Member alligeek

This Holiday Inn was nothing spectacular. I stayed here in Jan. 2005, right before Mardi Gras, for a business meeting. I would have stayed somewhere else, had the meeting not been AT the Holiday Inn.

The room I was originally in was somewhat comfortable, but I noted that the trash hadn't been emptied. The room was otherwise clean, but the continuous ambulance sirens (yes, they're located blocks from two major hospitals) made it somewhat difficult to sleep (and I was on the 16th floor).

I was amazed when the staff asked me to switch rooms mid-stay so that they could shampoo the rugs before Mardi Gras. If they KNEW that I was staying for a week, why did they even put me in that room to begin with? Don't even bother with the restaurant on-site--what a ripoff! >$13 for a horrible buffet.

On the positive side, the free shuttle to the French Quarter and Riverwalk was great and I met some great people at the meeting. I wish I had stayed at the W or the Hilton and taken the free shuttle over to the HI for my meeting, however! Wouldn't stay at the Holiday Inn again.

Nice hotel, wonderful employees, safe enviroment

I usually stay at Hyatt, Hilton or Marriot when I'm in Nawlins. I'm not a "Holiday Inn" type, but this was next door to where I needed to be.
The shuttle is what really sold me!! It runs every hour until 10pm. Paul was a terrifice shuttler! In the restaurant, Taciana & Sharice were SUPER. They should write a book "Being the Best at Your Job"!!!
Parking rates were $15, very reasonable! The kingsize bed was very very comfortable!

This hotel wasnt "bad", for a "Holiday Inn type" but if you are looking for luxury, try the LePavillion.

Horrible Experience

by TripAdvisor Member mike4176

I stayed at this hotel last weekend. To start off this hotel claims to be in the downtown area yet its a 10-12 block walk to the French Quarter and Bourbon St. They offer a shuttle bus every hour to and from the FQ until 10:30 PM. This means that you must end your evening at around 10:00 to catch the last bus. The breakfast buffet was a rip off. The bacon was swimming in a pool of liquid fat. They could of at least put some bread beneath the bacon to soak the fat. They charge an additional $2 for coffee and $3 for juice. I always stay at hotels that offer a breakfast buffet. Courtyard, Sheraton, and Ramada just a few. This was the fiirst time I was charged extra for the juice and coffee. I told the server I could accept the juice being an additional charge yet for you not to include the coffee with the $8.95 buffet charge is highway robbery. A party of five people overheard me and agreed. They mentioned thet they were billed $20 just for beverages. Guest services was terrible. I called downstairs to request 2 towels. After waiting 20 minutes I called again to confirm my request. After 30 minutes the towels finally arrived. This left me with just 10 minutes to get ready since I had a scheduled tour bus pick me up.

On the positive note the attitude of the staff was friendly. The concierge Paul did all he can to answer my questions and request good restaurants. Overall due to hidden charges at breakfast, inexperienced guest services, and distant location I would not recommend this hotel.

When visiting NO go to Cafe de Munde for some authentic beignets. Also if you like eating gator yet don't like it all breaded and fried go to Cafe Pontalba on St. Peters where you can have it sauted and blackened.

Average 3 star hotel

Well, I stayed here my first time in New Orleans. I was there during a highschool music festival, and since about 10 of the highschools chose this hotel, there was literally 250 students with their instruments waiting for elevators when I first got there, and the lobby was SO small (the size of a Holiday Inn room) that I could barely fit inside the entrance of the hotel! The service was not at all personal, the workers could not even speak english. There Holiday Inn is a bit run down, don't be fooled by the pictures! There was some cute aspects to it...the jazzy theme and the restaurant were adorable, but I would definitely not stay here again. It's a good hotel if you are really on a budget and need a safe place to stay, but there are better places!! Location was very bad too...not at all within a walking distance of anything that New Orleans is famous for. To conclude...I was not impressed at all, but then again, I am used to the Ritz. (HI New Orleans doesn't even compare)

shuttle from Holiday Inn superdome to the Arena?

by juju98

Is there a shuttle that goes to the Arena from the SuperDome

Re: shuttle from Holiday Inn superdome to the Arena?

by goodfish

The hotel is only a few blocks from the arena - you shouldn't need a shuttle. Or you can call the hotel and ask if their shuttle service includes the arena.

Comments