901 Poydras St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Homewood Suites New Orleans

Excellent hotel-Highly recommended

I chose this hotel based on the consistently good reviews on this site and it far exceeded my expectations. My husband, 4-year-old son, parents and I stayed in a two-bedroom suite at the Homewood Suites during the second week in July. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about the New Orleans area, particularly the doorman, Lionel, and the valet, Kevin. They addressed us by our names upon entering and leaving the hotel-- a nice personal touch. My son felt like a rock star. The concierge is also very helpful. This was my first visit to New Orleans and the information they provided helped us find our way around quite easily.

The hotel is new (2 years old), clean and modern while having traditional decor. The rooms are large, clean, quiet, comfortable and nicely-appointed. My husband, who was in town for a conference, liked having free high-speed internet access in our room; while my son loved having plenty of room to spread out his toys and play. The kitchenette has a full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave and a small stove top. The hotel is located very close to the French Quarter (about 4 blocks) and the St. Charles (2 blocks) and Canal (4 blocks) street car lines.

We all enjoyed the full breakfast provided every morning in the hotel's atrium; it's not the typical continental breakfast you get at most hotels. They offer scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, a variety of juices, milk, coffee, yogurt, danishes, bagels, toast, cereal and fruit, and on certain days you can even make your own Belgian waffle. The manager's reception is held in the same location on Mon. through Thurs. evenings and nice as well. A choice of white or red wine, and draft beer is an added touch.

We had a great time in New Orleans and had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Next time we visit, we'll definitely stay at the Homewood Suites.

Great Hotel!

I just recently came back from New orleans and stayed at the Homewood Suites, a very nice hotel. There was a little mix up because our room wasnt ready when we got there but it was taken care of. We had a 1 bdrm and it was very spacious and clean with a kitchenette also. The staff was friendly and there is a complimetary breakfast every morning which was nice because you didnt have to worry about going out for breakfast. Its not very far from the french quarter its about a 15-20 min walk and its right down the street from where you can catch the St. Charles street car and not far from Harrahs Casino. I had a pleasant stay at Homewood Suites and would definitly return in the future. P.S. It is extremely hot during this time of year! (in the 90's everyday during my stay)So if you dont like it very hot and humid try coming in a different time of the year.

Great Value!

Excellent hotel for the value. Rooms were spacious and clean. We had a 2-bedroom suite on the 10th floor. Vanities were granite, and pillows were feather. Breakfast and manager's reception were very good. My only complaint was the price of the parking. I believe we paid apx. $23.00 to park at this hotel. Everything else was great, and only 4-5 block walk to Burbon Street and numerous attractions.

Good value, decent location

by TripAdvisor Member travelfamily3

My husband and I and our 15-month old son stayed here in July 2004. We stayed in a one-BR suite. It was a clean, well-managed hotel, but nothing unique or spectacular. And I don't know why everyone raves about the free evening reception. Sure it is nice to get a free beer or glass of wine, but the food resembles school cafeteria food. I couldn't believe people were making their dinner out of it, rather than going out for good New Orleans food. The room was quiet and spacious. One problem with the layout was that the bathroom had to be accessed thru the bedroom - a problem when our son was asleep in his crib in the bedroom and we needed to use the bathroom. Overall though, it was a good deal.

A real jem!

I was very impressed with this hotel. The amenities were everything that the other reviewers have stated. A wonderful breakfast in the morning which includes a waffle maker, sausage, eggs, and tons of pastires, bagels, etc. If you are there during the week for the Manager's Reception take advantage of that. When we went the had pretty decent food with side salads. The beer and wine they offer aren't the best quality but it's free. The only down fall is that the elevators are a little slow. The staff is extremely curtious. It's in a fairly decent location. It's only a couple of blocks from the hustle of the french quarter which I found to be refreshing to get out of the area when I wanted to quiet down in my room. Visit this hotel, you will get your money's worth. A couple recommendations for the area: Visit the zoo. Grab a Mufellata at Central Grocery Store off Decatur St. and Don't miss the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen in the French Market.

what a stay!

This hotel was far the best in downtown New Orleans. It looked like it was fairly new, and very pretty. The windows in the room are stunning, and the privacy that you will have is amazing. I loved every bit of my stay, and of course I dont wont to forget about the price I paid for the hotel, it was around 100.00 bucks which was incredible!

Big Easy Homewood is a Winner

by TripAdvisor Member TONEYTUNES

This is by far the best Homewood Suites by Hilton that I have ever stayed. The room was clean and the price was right! The breakfast buffet in the morning was perfect. The location (Baronne/Poydras) is very close to the Superdome and walking distance to Canal/Bourbon. The staff at the hotel is very professional. They engaged in pleasant conversation and greeted everyone upon arrival. Chris, the valet/doorman, is a wonderful employee with knowledge of the New Orleans area. The swamp tour by Cajun Encounters was great. This hotel is highly recommended and a real jewel of the Crescent City.

by far one of the best hotels

by TripAdvisor Member michelle42164

my sister, mother and i spent a girls weekend in new orleans on 9-25-04. the hotel was beautiful, clean and breakfast buffet was the best "continental" breakfast ever...not only donuts and coffee, they had eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, fruit, etc....the room was fabulous, spacious and clean. the only complaint was at check in when the manager said we would be getting 1 king bed, not the 2 double beds we requested through expedia. after showing my confirmation with double beds requested, she did find us a room...all in all, great place to stay and i would recommend to everyone.

Would stay here again - great experience

Very welcoming hotel. Staff very friendly, and knowledgable. Concierge service very useful.

Area that the hotel is in seemed to be safe. Only a short walk to French Quarter, taxi inexpensive of a night from Bourbon Street $6-$8.

Suite very clean, large rooms for living and sleeping areas.

Breakfast included in rate $140, so too was welcome drinks and food of an evening (weeknights only). Food was only OK - could be improved upon.

I would stay here again.

Great family vacation in New Orleans

by TripAdvisor Member travel2gether

We enjoyed a three night stay at the Homewood Suites in New Orleans with our daughter, son-in-law, and three children (ages 4-3-1). Based on the reviews here, we chose Homewood Suites as our destination to meet up with our daughter and grandchildren in New Orleans. We flew from California and they drove from Atlanta. We reserved a two-bedroom suite with a king bed in each bedroom, with a queen sofabed in the sitting room. Each bedroom had a full-sized bathroom attached. For just over $200/night for the seven of us (including a full breakfast in the morning) this was a great deal. We had plenty of room for socializing and playing with our grandchildren, or retreating to our room and closing the door for privacy. In addition, the location was excellent. We had a stroller for the baby, and the other two children were able to walk (they are good walkers) to the French Quarter, the Aquarium, and the Childrens Museum. (Taxi, bus, or trolley lines easily accessible from hotel) We had a fantastic time with the family, made possible by the great room provided by Homewood Suites. The room was clean, we had plenty of towels, and the refrigerator is so handy to have when you have young ones to feed. I would highly recommend this hotel to families or anyone else that wants comfort and a central location to the attractions in New Orleans.

waterfrontwaterfront

house at Garden Districthouse at Garden District

books at Laura gift shopbooks at Laura gift shop

Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz PlayhouseIrvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse

Road Trip!! Miami to New Orleans to Atlanta!!!!!!

by buckolfc

We are planning a road trip from Miami to New Orleans to Atlanta and back to Miami!!!

Is it possible to hug the coast (as much as possible) From Miami to New Orleans?

Any suggestions for 'must see/do' Route suggestions and general tips/advice!!

We enjoy sightseeing, eating out, people watching, Going off the beaten track and finding out what the place is really like!!
we also enjoy going out for a few drinks (not to clubs) in lively local bars with good local atmosphere!!

Any tips for places to visit in Alabama and Georgia and/or some small 'typical' towns we could visit!!

by mikelisaanna

In Georgia, Savannah is far more interesting than Atlanta from a sightseeing standpoint. Feel free to visit our Savannah page for more info.

by acprincess

Yes, it is possible to hug the coast for part of the trip. We took 98 from Ocala. You don't really get to the coast until Apalachiacola (cute little town). From there you can stay on the coast until Mobile.

On your way back, try to include Okeefenokee Swamp - the boat tour is great. And if you have time, spend a day on Cumberland Island. It's a national park that you can only get to via boat. How often do you ever have the beach to yourself as far as you can see. Except for a few wild horses.

If you pick up A1A in Fort George (north of Jacksonville) you can take the ferry across the river and keep heading south. It's not a big deal, but it's very charming.

by jumpingwithnorman

Hi, there... Once you get to New Orleans, the food will blow you away! My husband took me last Sept and it was awesome.. There's the Commander's Palace in front of a very gothic cemetery (no denim or shorts), The Palace near Bourbon Street, and then there's the very unpretentious Acme Seafood House and Brennan's.

Comments