Hotel Le Cirque

936 St. Charles Avenue, At Lee Circle, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

The Hotel Modern
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Put My daughter in Danger

Just learned my daughter and two of her friends arrived last night (fri) around 11 pm to check in. They had a reservation AND had paid for Thursday nigh (prev. night) b/c of a three-night min.

Not only had they given their room away, they did absolutely nothing to assist. My daughter spent over an hour trying to find another room in the city. None, b/c of conventions, etc. Again, management did nothing, except kick them out of the lobby at 12:30 in the morning w/ nowhere to go. They didn't even offer to help them load their luggage back into the car.

THAT'S RIGHT, SENT 3 YOUNG WOMEN BACK ON NEW ORLEANS STREETS AT 12:30 AM W/ NOWHERE TO GO.

Even more insulting was a man at the time was trying to check in but his credit card was declined. What did they do, let him have the room for $50 (amount of cash he had in his wallet) and no credit card.

DO NOT; I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

On Lee Circle

I have not stayed here. AAA gives it a three diamond rating, but it is not an AAA approved hotel.

It is right on the circle where the St. Charles streetcar line goes, and they advertise that they are "New Orleans' hottest and hippest new property, located in the Arts District, within easy walking distance to the Convention Center..." I am not sure that people will want to walk to some of these places at night and there is considerable disagreement about the "hippest" and "new".

There is a fairly stuff charge for parking - over $18/day plus tax. There are also other charges such as for a safe ($3) and for a phone ($5).

Unique Quality: Among other things, the hotel advertises
    # Adjacent to a full service gym with swimming pool, running track and basketball court

One of the reviews says "there is no paper delivery, no complimentary car/shuttle, no restaurant, no bar, no gym, no pool, no basketball court, no robes, no limo or driver. It appears that some of these things did once exist, but I was told by the staff that some are gone and some of them are only offered during peak times of the year."

Directions: Lee Circle at St. Charles Avenue

• karen75's Profile Photo

Nice Boutique Hotel

I stayed at Hotel Le Cirque for three nights in October 2002. There was a deal on one of those hotel websites - stay two nights and get the third night free. I think I ended up paying (with taxes) around $60 each night for the two nights. With the third night free, I still had to pay the taxes which were quite a bit but I thought it was still a pretty decent deal. They will charge you for using the room safe even if you don't even use it - that's about the only downside. On the plus side, the hotel is located on the St. Charles Streetcar line right at Lee Circle so you're not far away from the French Quarter. The hotel is still a fairly new hotel so everything was nice and spanking clean.

Unique Quality: I had a cool view of the General Robert E. Lee statue that is right in Lee Circle.

Directions: Located in Lee Circle

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Very Elegant Hotel

Right in the middle of the Art district and inbetween uptown and the French Quarter, lies Hotel Le Cirque. Being 5 feet from the streetcar line allows you to ride New Orleans style all over for just $1.25! Numerous restaurants, bars, and attractions are very close by; most within walking distance.

Unique Quality: From Website:

The hotel is on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line, and within walking distance of Julia Street art galleries, Contemporary Arts Center, Louisiana Children's Museum, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, celebrated restaurants such as Emeril's and the World War II D-Day Museum.

More about Hotel Le Cirque

Best bar in town

Stayed 8 nights at hotel Le Cirque and felt at home at once. Perfect location if you - like me - don't care too much for the Bourbon street mayhem.Excellent restaurant and a superb bar - the dry martinis are out of this world. Hats off to the friendly bartenders mastering their trade.

beautiful design ,great hotel

The Hotel Le cirque is a beautifully designed hotel with a very modern sleek trendy decor , fully equipped and has a great restaurant .I would certainly recommend it .

Not for me

by TripAdvisor Member carameliz

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with the mopre favorable reviews given
and am curious why they were good. Anyway, the hotel was very small. It
did not even have a stand with brochures in it. Although, I have stayed
in smaller, our room was like a shoebox. IGNORE the PIC on their web
site. In my opinion, it is deceiving. However, the modern furnishings
are a somewhat accurate portrayal, but not as nice and fresh looking as
the pic.

Apparently, I should not have had the assumption that it would have a bathtub because it did not. Further, in my days there, the showers were some of the worst I have ever had! The water pressure was so weak, I felt as if I was getting drooled on by the shower. Prior to heading back home today, I actually thought about not taking a shower because of that. It kind of felt gross. Additionally, the water made my skin feel tight. So, the shower would be my biggest complaint.

Next, housekeeping made the bed, but did not change the sheets. Grant
it, we were not out of the room as early as they did their rounds, but
it still would have been nice to get a clean set.

Last, aside from the lady at the front desk upon arrival, I did not
find any other staff (I encountered about 5 during my stay) to be
particularly helpful or friendly. Oh and concierge???? Where? Who?
Never met him or her.

In sum, we got an outstanding rate through travel worm (online) and I
am thankful for that. If it were not for the shower, I would grade it a
C. I would never go back to this hotel and feel it is worth it to spend
a few extra bucks on a nicer place. The thing is, one often does not
know what the nicer places are unless he/she relies on something other
than a picture.

Worst Deal for your Money

I recently graduated from Tulane and my parents and I booked this hotel through an online service. While the rate was reasonable, I sincerely believe you should take your hard earned dollars elsewhere. The hotel failed me in several instances: 1) mold growing in the shower 2) broken toilet paper dispenser 3) no towel rack-it had been ripped out of the wall 4) peeling paint and scratch marks on the walls in the hall passage ways 5) apparently the worst maid service in the city: they did not clear drink glasses from the lobby for a full 24 hours ( I passed them several times coming and going) 6) no room service- we left at 9 am and came back at 5pm, The maid then called to say we should leave so they could come clean! Upon refusal, she assured me they would come in about one hour. This of course never happened, so we had to contend with no clean towels and unmade beds.
7) Waiting 45 and 30 minutes for the 'valet' car service to deliver our car I will NEVER stay with this hotel again and plan on telling everyone I know. I have no idea where all the other rosy recommendations come from, but IMHO this place is the pits.

We had a wonderful time!

I had read some of the comments posted here before going and was kind of dreading what I might find. I must say that I was very impressed with the service at the hotel. Everyone we encountered was extremely courteous and friendly.

The hotel decor is very tasteful and trendy, and while the wallpaper may need a tiny bit of work here and there, as has been mentioned before, its really not a big deal. Nor is the hotel filthy or a wreck as some of the reviewers have stated. Its not in a great neighborhood, but hey, most of New Orleans isn't a great neighborhood and the bums are everywhere.

The hotel is small and so are the rooms, but everything is comfortable.
I found that the photos posted on their site are pretty accurate.

We had the front desk call a cab for us on our way out to dinner and were offered the hotel car and driver for our return. After a brief chat with the people at the front desk about our anniversary / birthday celebration we left for dinner. When we came back to our room we found a bottle of chilled champagne and a bag of goodies for us to eat. It was such a wonderful surprise we went back down to thank them.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. We had a great time.

Ugh.

by TripAdvisor Member fat_elvis_luv

I don't know where everyone else has been staying, but it couldn't have been at Le Cirque. Talk about grim. I took a chance and, encouraged by the positive reviews posted on Trip Advisor, spent one night there last weekend. BIG mistake. I think it's interesting that no one has mentioned the hotel's audacity in charging an additional $8 in non-negotiable bogus charges at check-in. (This is not common procedure at reputable hotels, people!) Not only are you charged for the phone in your room (even if you have no intention of using it), but also rental of the room safe (ditto) and an "occupancy tax". The most offensive aspect about this underhanded tactic is that the management knows most travellers are exhausted upon arrival and will pony up the extra money as opposed to walking out. Additionally, the hotel is only two years old but already needs renovating. Or, at the very least, a serious steam-cleaning. The carpeting is worn, the walls are dingy, and the room I ended up with literally reeked of mildew. It was beyond disgusting. There are very few amenities. (Pen and notepad? Forget it.) The sheets, blankets, and towels are of poor quality. I got the strong impression the hotel is tanking, and consequently the management has cut major corners to save money. It's unfortunate, really, because Le Cirque has the potential to be a very hip boutique hotel. Avoid this place like the plague.

Hotel & Restaurant Questions

by SFHulaGIrl

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Le Cirque? If so, what are you impressions?

What's a good place to hear Cajun music and see some two-stepping? Are either Mulate's or Michaul's worth it, or is there somewhere more authentic?

Re: Hotel & Restaurant Questions

by kmalzer

I have some friends that just got back and stayed at Hotel Le Cirque. According to them it is a pretty cool and modern hotel. Great ammenities and restaurant/bar. Like me they enjoy the history of the quarter, but they still said it was a very nice place. As far as the restaurants I'm not sure, but as you know anything in NOLA is worth a try. I may give at least one of them a shot in two weeks when I'm there. If I do I'll let you know.

Re: Hotel & Restaurant Questions

by Jonathan_C

Check out my tip on the Rock 'n Bown for a great NO dance spot with Cajun and Zydeco on different nights. It's a BLAST!

Re: Re: Hotel & Restaurant Questions

by SFHulaGIrl

I've already been to the Rock N Bowl a few times, and certainly intend to go again!!

Comments