Hotel Royal

Tags

Architecture Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

Most disgusting motel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 2, 2011

BEWARE!!!! We booked two rooms in November and what a mistake! Arrived in NO May 20th 2011 and was disgusted by the dump they call a motel. This place should be bulldozed down. Rooms were filty. False advertising...the rooms looked nothing like the internet. I checked my sheet when we got there and I can't even described the filth on those. Requested new sheets and after having to make my own bed discovered the disease infested mattress. We left and told "Princess" we were not staying there. She told us she didn't blame us. She guaranteed a full refund but stated her manager "Mike" would have to give us the refund. After a week of phone calls to him, was told he would credit my $907.00. Now going on two weeks and still fighting. I had to file a dispute with my bank. He credited my money then turned around and took it out again! Now I am being told he is in the hospital and the assistant manager is on vacation and no one can help me. What a bunch of mobsters!!!

Unique Quality: None....run down, disease infested dump!

Directions: French Quarter

THE WORST HOTEL!!!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 25, 2011

This hotel is ABSOLUTELY nothing what it shows on the web site. We went for St. Patrick's Day weekend. It's a HORRIBLE hotel. When we checked in there was there. There was a sign stating "on property back in 10 minutes" And we waited 30 minutes and the front desk lady comes back with food. She didn't even apologize for being late. Our first room was not dirty completley filthy!!! The white beeding was beyond dirty. There was no closet, soap, phone, nor coffee maker. After complaining to the front desk, she just handed us another key and said "see if you like this one better." The other room was smaller but cleaner but no SOAP. The hallways were super duper dirty. And where was the staff I never saw them. I would rather stay in a motel or even a tent than here. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Even if you dont care where you stay DO STAY HERE!!!!!

sunlovey's Profile Photo

Eclectic and charming accommodations

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 6, 2005

The Rue Royal Inn has a great location on Rue Royal, one street over from the famed Bourbon Street. Rue Royal is chock full of cool shops and incredible antique stores. So I liked its location.

The staff was friendly enough, I love their accents! The room was really unique- one entire wall of it was Chicago brick. When you opened the door from inside our room (or looked out its window) you looked upon a lush courtyard with fountain and little tables and chairs. I loved this! You can also get a room with a balcony if you wish.

All rooms have a private bath, refrigerator/wet bar, phone, cable TV, individual air conditioner/heater unit, ceiling fan, and clock radio. Coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, and computer phone jacks are available.

Rates include a continental breakfast of fresh coffee with chicory, muffins and French pastries.

I would recommend the Rue Royal Inn for something different, something very New Orleans in feel....

Unique Quality: The charming, vintage feel of the place was romantic and unique. The location was great too.

Nearby Hotel Royal

Hotel Royal

• Royal Hotel New Orleans
  • Royal New Orleans

Address: 1006 Royal St., Formerly Rue Royal Inn, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States

1 Photo of Hotel Royal

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Royal

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Orleans Travel Forum

Need advice about New Orleans, Louisiana? Visit the Travel Forum for New Orleans and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Orleans hotel reviews

Jackson Square
Night Safety.
Avoiding Tourist Hazards
Warnings and Dangers
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!"
Garden District
Cemeteries
Drinking
French Quarter
Tourist Traps
Betcha I can tell ya where ya got dem shoes!
St. Charles Line