JW Marriott New Orleans

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

614 Canal St, (formerly Le Meridien Hotel), New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130, United States

JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

canal street

the marriott canal street is one of several marriott hotels in new orleans. the marriott canal street has an excellent location for both the tourist and business traveler. the marriott offers all the amenities that you would expect from this better chain.

Directions: downtown.

• Marriott on Canal Street

We're 50 and need a quiet hotel that's near all the action. The Marriott was perfect! We especially enjoyed watching the 4th of July fireworks from the bar on the 41st floor. We could walk to all of the major museums, restaurants, and other attractions and still get a good night's sleep. In fact, this was the quietest hotel we have ever stayed in.

Directions: At the edge of the French Quarter

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Excellent and worth the splurge !!!

Located on Canal St and just a block from the world famous "Bourbon" St......this is a beautiful hotel that is worth the splurge...the rooms are very much Mariott standards in size (which mean very big).....you get either a view of the French Quarters or a view of downtown New Orleans.....more expensive and more luxurious than it's sister property across the street.....I highly recommend the JW over the regular Mariott.....the service, the rooms, the bathrooms, the view are much bigger and better......

Unique Quality: Ask for the higher floors, the views are much better and the rooms get bigger as you go higher up the hotel !!!!

Directions: Rue du Bourbon is only a block away !!!

• Close yet far enough away

This hotel was right on the outskirts of the Quarter and very convenient for hopping on a trolley or also relaxing if you didn't want to go to the quarter at all.

The service from the bellmen was excellent. The folks at the desk however were just awful.

Food was average. I just enjoyed this hotel more than any other I have stayed in because of its location and its quality. I would have felt confortable with my parents or children here. It was also a short walk back from Bourbon Street at 3 am.

More about JW Marriott New Orleans

Fantastic! Everything in the room looked brand new!

I was in New Orleans 7/31 until 8/6 and I stayed at the JW Marriott, on the 24th floor, and it looked like all the furnishings inside my room were brand new. Very comfortable king bed with down comforter and down pillows, 25 inch TV, the A/C worked well, good water pressure plus I had a nice view of Canal street and the Mississippi River to the right. The room was always clean, the housekeeping staff friendly

This was also an excellent location, just blocks away from bourbon street, riverwalk, harrahs casino, and the french market was an 8 to 10 minute walk. One evening we walked to Macy's and that took about 15 minutes. I found the front desk staff to be very friendly, right from the time I checked in to when I asked for information and directions, extra water, and to when I waited for the airport shuttle to pick me up. I also asked for a late check out, 1:30 pm, and they said no problem. I ended up on the elevators with other staff at various times and they were always friendly. I also liked the free bottled water.. nice touch because it was very hot that week and I took water with me every day. I had friends staying in the Sheraton a few buildings down, and my room was nicer or as nice as their room, and I paid a rate of $103.00 per night.

The only negative was the very small pool, and a previous poster was correct, I only counted 5 lounge chairs around the pool as well, very shocking for such a nice hotel to have such a small pool. .. but I will say, I only counted 1 or 2 people in the pool at one time when I looked, it was never crowded out there. Nice workout room, and I was able to swim at the pools at another hotel anyways.

To sum it up, you cannot beat the location of the JW Marriott, and price if you get a deal... everything in the hotel has been renovated, so everything looks new. I got the distinct impression that the staff was really out to please... if you did have an issue or problem I am sure they would have handled it. I was happy with my stay and I would go back

Lovely Room

Lovely room, very attentive staff from front desk to housekeeping to room service. 3 nite stay in mid-July (oh so hot) and truly there simply not enough pool chairs.

Yes it looks like the photo of the pool was taken with photographer on his back, but five lounge chairs and six arm chairs isn't enough on a hot Saturday afternoon after touring the city, with no place to sit. Otherwise, room had very comfy beds, lots of towels, room amenities replenished and the room AC works great!!

love the chocolate on the pillow!

Definately worth the price!!...bathrobes, chocolates....what a classy place. Renovations with drilling and early am hammering and a closed pool put a damper on things, but the staff was very accomadating. Definately going back next year!! Renovations should be completed.

Excellent Location.

by TripAdvisor Member Rojomich

JWMarriott through Priceline was a deal! It is worth (Almost) paying the full price for this excellent location on the edge of the french quarter. Close enough to stroll through but far enough away when the parties begin in earnest! Loved Mr. B's Sunday Jazz brunch but was very dissappointed with KPauls Lousiana Kitchen - overrated - blackened pork chop was way underdone! Cafe du Monde is worth the breakfast experience, also try Cafe au Lait when you want something more substantial .

a very good choice in New Orleans

by TripAdvisor Member pfeier

Newly renovated and very clean. Marble baths and cozy robes. Down comforters on very comfortable beds. All the little extras one would expect from a top hotel.
Good Location just outside the Quarter. Staff very friendly.

Great Location; Great Stay.

We just returned from a 3-night stay at the JW Marriott, Nov. 17-20, 2004. I would highly recommend it. The Canal St. location is perfect. It is a short walk to the French Quarter and the Riverwalk. The rooms are nice. Bathrooms are small, but fine. Splurge for breakfast at Brennan's on Royal St. It is superb.

Comments