Knights Inn New Orleans

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about New Orleans

Natchez Steam BoatNatchez Steam Boat

statue of Joan Of Arcstatue of Joan Of Arc

cleanest street on earth!cleanest street on earth!

The Market CaféThe Market CafĂ©

How is it in December?

by jcwyler

Planning a quick 2-3 day getaway with my wife, is the French Quarter still great to see, and is it worth visiting in December? Sounds like the food and music are great, but the crime may be up too?

Re: How is it in December?

by bocmaxima

The two big events in New Orleans are Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest. At those times, because of the huge influx of people, crime likely goes up a little bit.
December is a great time to visit though, mainly just because of the weather. The food and music are always great there. It's not like it shuts down at any time of the year.

Re: How is it in December?

by dunneenid

HI we also were advised re crime ,but seemed no worse than anywhere else, was there in late August, weather warm /humid, french quarter great, stayed only a few blocks away at a back packer kind of place Cheers Enid

Travel Tips for New Orleans

Don't listen to the rumors...experience it urself

by msbrandysue

The entire time I was preparing for New Orleans I was so afraid of the crime, dark streets, etc. However, I was never fearful at any point in time. I was out late in the French Quarter and never felt nervous. Outside the French Quarter I don't know but inside I was just fine. And it was just me and another girl friend of mine. So, please don't be nervous!! It's just like being out late in any other city. My best memory was strolling around Jackson Square in the morning. Everyone was friendly, the sun was shining and everything looked peaceful. New Orleans deserves the benefit of the doubt. It's a wonderful city!

Too hard to decide

by lunarstar

Was it meeting Dan and Topaz on the haunted history tour, or watching the jazz band in the mall area of Jackson square? The silver statue mimes' on the street corners, or was it the clown who remembered me and said hello every day I was there? It could be those delicious, unforgettable beignets' at Cafe' Du Monde. As you see I have many fond memories of this devine city. I suppose the reason for me wanting to never leave would be the fine artisans and the architecture. The surroundings are truely, uniquely breathtaking. If you like Whimsical, this is the place for you.

Where to begin?
I typically...

by Razorart

Where to begin?
I typically stay in the French Quarter, because a car is not necessary and their public transit is actually pretty decent. You can always take the trolley/bus to the Garden District and uptown areas. Walking up and down Decatur street at all hours of the night. Halloween is in particular a great time to visit New Orleans. IMO, it runs a close second to Greenwich Village on Halloween.
This is my friend and I on a visit to NOLA-- Halloween 1999. It was one of the best Halloweens that I've ever had.

Louisiana Beers

by ATXtraveler

During our stay, we were able to sample a couple of the beers that New Orleans had to offer. During my dinner at Zeke's, I sampled the Dixie and the Abita Amber.

Although I did not like the Abita Amber, I did like its cousin, the Abita Turbo Dog very much.

The Dixie was a little lower end, but it tasted just fine with my po boy!

Enjoy these beers, but drink responsibly! Dixie Brewing
2401 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans LA 70119

Abita Brewing
PO Box 1510
Abita Springs, LA 70420

Bourbon Street and the French Quarter

by Kodi01

Mardi Gras started over 200 years ago by a group of prominent businessmen.

The people, cajun food and the music of jazz filling the streets. The King cake is a delicacy and a rich pastry that is decorated with sugary icing in the Mardi Gra colors of purple, green, and gold.

Each cake contains one small plastic baby, and the person who finds the baby in her piece will host the next party. A tradition that goes on....

Comments